Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they not have scarezones that year?

Also, this year is one of my favorites...with Bloody Mary/Islands of Fear being tied

They had like 3 scare areas, different mimes and clowns around the mummy area and central park. And others next to shrek.
But the park had freakshow areas too. It had the robosaurus car thing,

That looks amazing.. you'd figure that in the Instagram/Snapchat generation, they'd create really picture-esque looking entrances similar to this for HHN visitors to plaster all over their IG and Snapchat accounts..

Maybe they cant recreate 2007
But there are so many props and things in storage, i wished they took stuff out to decorate the park.

I know the parade destroys any chance for having proper scarezones, but hhn 30 is the year to bring stuff up for the park. I wish they did the warehouse scarezone from 2010 in an area that doesnt go by the parade route
That warehouse zone was so amazing too. Seeing all the props

Idea of having the icons be Jack, Eddie, and Chance and them going at with each other.

I’d like to see Eddie, but not Jack or Chance. They were the last two icons at the event and I’d prefer something we haven’t seen before/in a while.

Universal’s dumb for not utilizing icons and theming to tie together the IPs and originals into the event. This last year would have been perfect for a Polybius themed event instead of “80’s synth wave is back, let’s party!”

Honestly, it is about time Eddie got the spotlight he deserves. He won't get it 'cause Jack is more marketable but... Eddie is awesome.

Idea of having the icons be Jack, Eddie, and Chance and them going at with each other.

I’d like to see Eddie, but not Jack or Chance. They were the last two icons at the event and I’d prefer something we haven’t seen before/in a while.

Universal’s dumb for not utilizing icons and theming to tie together the IPs and originals into the event. This last year would have been perfect for a Polybius themed event instead of “80’s synth wave is back, let’s party!”

chance and jack wedding when?

I mean - I collect Jack and Chance stuff as a hobby, so I'm a bit of a mark for them. So anytime they're back I'm gonna be happy, minority or not (plus James and Erin are just such cool people). However I absolutely believe that Eddie has not had his proper time in the limelight. I feel like they'd have to give him a bit more to work with besides a chainsaw, since that's kinda a HHN General Feature and what with the CDT. But, I'd love the idea of all three battling it out across the park. Fantasy booking to be sure, but fun to think about.

That being said, I'd still be much more hyped for the prophesied return of the Terra Queen though.

As someone who watches a lot of horror movies every October, I'm always going to prefer IP houses over originals (some exceptions apply: Us was my least favorite house this year). Having said that, if we truly are only getting 2-3 IPs, then I *do not* want one of them to be Monsters-based, at least not this year. I get that they're trying to hype people up for the future, but I'd rather get new properties we haven't seen done before.

As someone who watches a lot of horror movies every October, I'm always going to prefer IP houses over originals (some exceptions apply: Us was my least favorite house this year). Having said that, if we truly are only getting 2-3 IPs, then I *do not* want one of them to be Monsters-based, at least not this year. I get that they're trying to hype people up for the future, but I'd rather get new properties we haven't seen done before.
Assuming you mean the Universal Monsters properties, 29 was the first year since 24 they did anything with one of those properties (Dracula: Untold) and it barely counted. I don't really think that's something they'd really consider, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Weird. I watch so many horror movies thru out the year, and that's exactly why I prefer originals over IPs 'cause I want something new. Basically a horror movie I haven't seen before that I get to experience first hand in person. But to each his own I suppose.

Yeah, I'm optimistic about baby steps - I know we won't see a Reflections of Fear-like event anytime soon.
This was magnificent to be honest. The lights, the banners, the ferris wheel, the theater entrance... it was so amazing

XDVRHjx.jpg

I wish i could have attended that year.. It looked and sounded amazing. Don't mean to go off track but how did that year overall compare to a year like 25 that had Freddy, Jason & Jack return and headline the event again?

Last edited:
Question/idea for HHN veterans. Has there ever been a Christmas/holidays themed scare zone? One thing that I continue to hear about in various podcasts and discussions is the fatigue of Central Park during the event, and how the zone generally feels more or less the same.

What if they were to do something with a Halloween twist on Christmas theme in that section? You could line the trees with Christmas lights (like a mini light show that goes from happy holidays into an evil all-red kind of thing), pump in some unique smells, fake snow falling down throughout the area. The scare actors could have some cool costumes too. I imagine stuff like the giant nutcracker army from The Santa Clause 2, creepy elves, etc.

Sorry if this feels more like a wish list kinda thing, but just wanted to give a bit of a vision to help people understand how I think a Christmas theme could fit into HHN, especially given the "clash between events" that the social media team was posting about during the last week of HHN29.

Houses? Yes. Zones? No. I actually like that idea.

With the success of Monsters, and it being an anniversary year, you're probably going to see some form of their return. The good news is that Monsters blur that line of original/IP. Theoretically, it could be a "4th" IP.

I wish i could have attended that year.. It looked and sounded amazing. Don't mean to go off track but how did that year overall compare to a year like 25 that had Freddy, Jason & Jack return and headline the event again?

17 had a lot of good to great parts (house line-up, the entrance, the entire park being decorated) but also some duds (Vampyr, parkwide scarezone execution). They're both pretty similar years. It just depends on preference. While 25's zones were better, I prefer 17's house lineup; but that's just me.

So I assume Fear will not be returning?

Fear is every 20 years. #HHN40Spec

With the success of Monsters, and it being an anniversary year, you're probably going to see some form of their return. The good news is that Monsters blur that line of original/IP. Theoretically, it could be a "4th" IP.

Yea, if we end up with Frankenstein Meets Wolfman like Hollywood, I'd personally consider that an original, not an IP

I'm slightly biased because of my love for that year, but the houses were wonderful. I even liked Vampyr because of the Blade opening ripoff. But it was at Nazarman's if memory serves and there's a a reason for they stopped that location. But otherwise they were great! Especially with TCM being in the Earthquake queue and the exit literally being him chasing you out of the house through a bunch of hanging sheets on clotheslines. Freddy's was fantastic due to the creativity of scene recreation and the story of the house (that continued to into later years). The Johnny Depp scene was a big highlight.

The "scarezones" did falter but I still think the theory is decent. I miss Midway of the Bizarre.

Not a big horror or HHN fan, though it serves my interest as something different to experience in the park once every few years, so I just read these HHN posts sporadically. So maybe my question has already been answered. Why don't they put a scare zone in the area around MIB and extending to Springfield? That's a pretty large space that's not affected by the parade, so it could have plenty of set pieces. Although I'm sure it's a minority opinion, I actually greatly prefer a 'good' scare zone to the houses. They're easier to enjoy at your leisure and you're not rushed like you are through a house like a piece of meat in a meatpacking conveyor belt. The houses are actually my least liked aspect of HHN. But I do like the atmosphere ambiance, shows and scare zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.