Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a big horror or HHN fan, though it serves my interest as something different to experience in the park once every few years, so I just read these HHN posts sporadically. So maybe my question has already been answered. Why don't they put a scare zone in the area around MIB and extending to Springfield? That's a pretty large space that's not affected by the parade, so it could have plenty of set pieces. Although I'm sure it's a minority opinion, I actually greatly prefer a 'good' scare zone to the houses. They're easier to enjoy at your leisure and you're not rushed like you are through a house like a piece of meat in a meatpacking conveyor belt. The houses are actually my least liked aspect of HHN. But I do like the atmosphere ambiance, shows and scare zones.

Congestion. With 2 rides, 3 house entrances, and the proximity to Potter and the FFL stage - it can become a nightmare on peak nights. Adding a zone there would just make that situation worse.

I hear all about how great 25 is, and I'm really excited to attend my first anniversary year. I really hope it lives up to the stupid expectations I have in my head.

Back to Titans of Terror.. would you guys rather see this as a potential scarezone? A house? Or just one house featuring one of the Titans?

I hear all about how great 25 is, and I'm really excited to attend my first anniversary year. I really hope it lives up to the stupid expectations I have in my head.

Back to Titans of Terror.. would you guys rather see this as a potential scarezone? A house? Or just one house featuring one of the Titans?

I can’t see a scarezone at all for the Titans. Scarezones already get insanely crowded on bad nights, and putting those types of iconic characters right in the crowd is not the best idea.

If it came, it'd be a house; and with the lack of real options out there - I could see them going to that well again. BUT .... the Jason/F13 rights are kind of a mess right now. With them just doing Leatherface at 26 and Jason in limbo - it leaves Freddy, who can definitely anchor an event on his own.

Just excited for another Hallow'd past type house and zone! It was a simple concept and executed GREAT. Jack Presents 25 years was great too, but focused on specific houses as a "best of the best." I dont just expect Jack to be back, but the entire crew of Icon's... sure some way show Fear's lantern but per cannon he would still be stuck inside. It's gonna be an awesome speculation season! Cheers folks !

I wish i could have attended that year.. It looked and sounded amazing. Don't mean to go off track but how did that year overall compare to a year like 25 that had Freddy, Jason & Jack return and headline the event again?
I hope this reply is okay:
The jason house was put on the JAWS area, so being in that jaws area helped the house a lot, since the entrance to the house had grass and plants already from that area. Before entering the house there were camp crystal lake banners and they set up a small real tent and some camping equipment by the grass. The jaws area made it feel like crystal lake.
The jason house was really amazing if you were a jason fan. It felt like a long cabin and jason chasing you, Since this area had wooden walls and panels already.
The leatherface house was almost the same as the one we had a couple of years ago but the entrance looked really cool. Like the house from the remake. ( the ending had the sheets hanging on ropes from the movie scene) The freddy house was similar to the freddy vs jason house. The best house of the 3 houses was jason.
The Thing house was really scary for me. Scared me the most.
What i really loved was that the park would play the soundtrack from freddy vs jason. And the freddy soundtrack.
Plus jack had a show with chance, and there were magic shows and freak shows around the park.

I’m actually in the minority when it comes to 25. Least favorite year besides 22. Hope 30’s nothing like it.

I feel like they wasted two of the original house slots. Should've been Bloodengutz 2 w/ Classic Monsters at Hellgate instead of Run 3. I loved AiW the zone, but should've done something scary in that spot.

Speaking of restructurings...

Go on?

Last edited:
If it came, it'd be a house; and with the lack of real options out there - I could see them going to that well again. BUT .... the Jason/F13 rights are kind of a mess right now. With them just doing Leatherface at 26 and Jason in limbo - it leaves Freddy, who can definitely anchor an event on his own.

I thought the rights to Freddy were a mess as well--reverted back to Craven's estate.

Could Beetlejuice and Candyman anchor the event? Both spirits that come when you say their names multiple times, just saying.

I hope this reply is okay:
The jason house was put on the JAWS area, so being in that jaws area helped the house a lot, since the entrance to the house had grass and plants already from that area. Before entering the house there were camp crystal lake banners and they set up a small real tent and some camping equipment by the grass. The jaws area made it feel like crystal lake.
The jason house was really amazing if you were a jason fan. It felt like a long cabin and jason chasing you, Since this area had wooden walls and panels already.
The leatherface house was almost the same as the one we had a couple of years ago but the entrance looked really cool. Like the house from the remake. ( the ending had the sheets hanging on ropes from the movie scene) The freddy house was similar to the freddy vs jason house. The best house of the 3 houses was jason.
The Thing house was really scary for me. Scared me the most.
What i really loved was that the park would play the soundtrack from freddy vs jason. And the freddy soundtrack.
Plus jack had a show with chance, and there were magic shows and freak shows around the park.

Did I mention I wish I had a time machine?

I think it would've been cool if FvJ had been a dual run house (with separate entrances to keep lines reasonable). Only downside is they would've had to sacrifice Body Collectors...or move it to an inferior location for what they were going for.

I thought the rights to Freddy were a mess as well--reverted back to Craven's estate.

They are. Not as bad as Jason, but still kind of messy right now.

As for 25, the houses that hit that year really hit. But, there were also quite a few stinkers. Purge (being a Scream replacement), RUN, and that year’s Walking Dead were all fairly crapped upon during discussions that year.

Congestion. With 2 rides, 3 house entrances, and the proximity to Potter and the FFL stage - it can become a nightmare on peak nights. Adding a zone there would just make that situation worse.

Plus the permanent Coke and Concession stands there, the Freestyle building, the Springfield fair games nearby, and the prime bar location for right when the FFL stage and Tent House load in and out...

Status
Not open for further replies.