Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would point out that a Monsters SZ would be the biggest selfie zone of all time and therefore the worst nightmare of some of the HHN faithful, but I don't believe that genie is going back in the bottle.

I think encouraging photos in small sections like the Klownz house did this year, or how Trick or Treat had the Sam figure at the front of the zone, helps manage that somewhat. They just need to design for it.

I would point out that a Monsters SZ would be the biggest selfie zone of all time and therefore the worst nightmare of some of the HHN faithful, but I don't believe that genie is going back in the bottle.

I think encouraging photos in small sections like the Klownz house did this year, or how Trick or Treat had the Sam figure at the front of the zone, helps manage that somewhat. They just need to design for it.

Couldnt be any worse than vanity ball.
I dont think anything can be worse than that lol.
Besides the zone in hhn 25 suffered from the tiny space.
But putting a monster zone where vanity was would help with the crowds.
I do love that uni is slowly adapting to selfies, the killer klowns truck and the rob zombie car were pretty great to have. I really love those two

An interesting thing to be in the parks...

Very interesting! It’s curious especially given all the strong Hellraiser chat last year. Yes the rights are a mess and it is controversial, but it would tick the more scary/adult box, and is one of those few IPs left which HHN haven’t been able to tackle properly as a full house. Personally I’m not a Hellraiser fan, but I can see it working well and being a strong draw for the event.

Very interesting! It’s curious especially given all the strong Hellraiser chat last year. Yes the rights are a mess and it is controversial, but it would tick the more scary/adult box, and is one of those few IPs left which HHN haven’t been able to tackle properly as a full house. Personally I’m not a Hellraiser fan, but I can see it working well and being a strong draw for the event.

the question is, how much of a crowd will it bring

Eh. I love the Monsters, but they literally just did it for the last anniversary year in 25. Monster house? Sure. Zone? Meh.

Ah. My first year was 26 so I wasn't aware!

Regardless, being the newb that I am - I think it'd fit perfectly in Hollywood if it happened. But I'd be good with a house again too.

everyone always talks on how hhn ran out of horror ips to adapt,
i guess hellraiser would be one of the most famous ips (that are left)
Just because it’s one of the few remaining we’ll-known IPs doesn’t mean it’s any higher than mid-tier. It hasn’t had a theatrical release in 20 years, the last of which bombed. Sure, it’s known by horror fans, but Universal wants casual horror to carry. Klowns and Corpses also has cross-over appeal (clowns and Rob Zombie) Hellraiser struggles with. Now, if the remake happens and does well then the franchise will become relevant again and we’ll likely see it. Until then, it ain’t going to carry an event. It would be an add-on.

Just because it’s one of the few remaining we’ll-known IPs doesn’t mean it’s any higher than mid-tier. It hasn’t had a theatrical release in 20 years, the last of which bombed. Sure, it’s known by horror fans, but Universal wants casual horror to carry. Klowns and Corpses also has cross-over appeal (clowns and Rob Zombie) Hellraiser struggles with. Now, if the remake happens and does well then the franchise will become relevant again and we’ll likely see it. Until then, it ain’t going to carry an event. It would be an add-on.

Agreed. I suppose if we are only looking at 2-3 IPs then Hellraiser is out for now. If we were looking at a more even split then yes it could fit in that 4th/5th IP slot quite nicely.

So whilst the timing of the Hellraiser figure appearing is strange and prompts some discussion, perhaps this is more “coincidence” than anything more substantial.

As said earlier, the IPs would have to be heavy hitters if we're only getting two or three. And I know I've been getting shut down for saying this for the past few years.. But.. I feel that this is the year when Pennywise makes an appearance at HHN.
I think IT has a huge draw and Universal could easily market it, especially considering the success of the recent movies.
Once again, if there's going to be a limited number of IPs, I really think IT will be on that list.

Would Beetlejuice and (EDIT: ) Jordan Peele's Candyman be big enough?

Last edited:
I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but what about Invisible Man?

Reasons for:
1. Not featured in this year's house.
2. Blumhouse co-produced movie coming out in February.
3. Uni-owned IP.

It's definitely not a big IP to truly carry the marketing of the event, but if the movie is popular, maybe it'll come in?

I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but what about Invisible Man?

Reasons for:
1. Not featured in this year's house.
2. Blumhouse co-produced movie coming out in February.
3. Uni-owned IP.

It's definitely not a big IP to truly carry the marketing of the event, but if the movie is popular, maybe it'll come in?
I've mentioned this before, but Invisible Man as a whole could potentially work as part of a house. However, having a house based on the Whannell adaptation (a movie that is primarily centered around domestic abuse) would be tacky and tasteless. If Invisible Man was to be featured, it would be the original Claude Rains version.

Status
Not open for further replies.