Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have to have 11 houses, I could tolerate it as a bonus house if they just re-created the one at 26. Serves the purpose of the IP and gives them a repeat for budget allowing them to do something new with Scarecrow, if it does indeed show up.
But of all the solid to great IP houses we've gotten since 26, that's the one they'd redo? Blehhhh. I'd much rather have Poltergeist if it's a room-by-room recreation.

Sorry referring to a few pages back with the Pet Sematary talk not that I am clamoring for it but if we are talking success at box office numbers to warrant a house Krampus made $42m domestically and got a house the following year and Pet Sematary did $54m at the box office so it isn't totally out of the question I would assume. Although Krampus, in my mind, really was crying out for a haunted house it was to perfect not to.

Sorry referring to a few pages back with the Pet Sematary talk not that I am clamoring for it but if we are talking success at box office numbers to warrant a house Krampus made $42m domestically and got a house the following year and Pet Sematary did $54m at the box office so it isn't totally out of the question I would assume. Although Krampus, in my mind, really was crying out for a haunted house it was to perfect not to.

Universal property = box office numbers mattering far less.

Sorry if this has already been spoken about, but Universal is having a good few movies next year. The Invisible Man (barf), A Blumhouse movie, Another Purge, and something called Halloween Kills.
Purge has been done way too much, but it's also super easy.

and something called Halloween Kills.

Sequel to the last Halloween (1978) sequel, the one that brought back Jamie Lee Curtis. Wouldn't be a shock to see this, kind of ties into anniversary nostalgia (three generally well-received houses based on the originals this past decade). The current executive producer even came to town for an HHN fan screening with the first Halloween house, so there seems to be good will.

Mary Wilkes - John Wilkes Booth - Abraham Lincoln - Andrew Lincoln - Rick Grimes - Walking Dead (PLEASE NO)

I've been a fan of maybe two TWD houses, but we still supposedly have a few (?) Rick Grimes stand-alone movies coming. Assuming that project wasn't abandoned, I could see AMC wanting as much publicity as they can get, given that the show seems to be on the decline ratings and zeitgeist-wise.

Sequel to the last Halloween (1978) sequel, the one that brought back Jamie Lee Curtis. Wouldn't be a shock to see this, kind of ties into anniversary nostalgia (three generally well-received houses based on the originals this past decade). The current executive producer even came to town for an HHN fan screening with the first Halloween house, so there seems to be good will.

I've been a fan of maybe two TWD houses, but we still supposedly have a few (?) Rick Grimes stand-alone movies coming. Assuming that project wasn't abandoned, I could see AMC wanting as much publicity as they can get, given that the show seems to be on the decline ratings and zeitgeist-wise.

Well in terms of BlumHalloween, the Disney involvement kind of locks them off (at least I thought that was the reasoning), so I hope everyone is a big "Halloween 5 - The Revenge Of Michael Myers" fan.

Universal Pictures is involved in those Rick Grimes Walking Dead films, so whenever those are available, that seems to be an easy tie-in.

So, reading back through some of Legacy's earlier posts, I have an alternate theory for this clue. While I'd love for it to be The Nun/Conjuring, etc, I think there's a more simple explanation.

Legacy talked about being chaotic neutral and also mentioned that there could be answers that are simply clues to the real answer. I think that might be what we have here. He also mentioned that the closest anyone had gotten was step 2 of 5, so I think I can do this in 5 relatively straightforward steps.

Step 1-The Coat of Arms itself is irrelevant except for the "Maria Spes Nostra" banner.
Step 2-"Maria Spes Nostra" translates to "Mary, our hope"
Step 3-The "Mary" in the translation refers to Bloody Mary which is the answer BUT ALSO the clue.
Step 4-In folklore, the appearance of Bloody Mary is predicated on repeatedly saying her name in front of a mirror.
Step 5-You know what other urban legend appears only when saying the name repeatedly in front of a mirror? That's right...Candyman.

So, the answer to the clue provided by Legacy is Bloody Mary. But it is a clue as well to the real/final answer, which is Candyman.

It makes sense since the Jordan Peele Candyman is pretty much, for all intents and purposes, the only property we pretty much know is coming to HHN 30 (maybe not "know", but "highly suspect"). So, it would make sense for Legacy's first clue of the year to be the low hanging fruit of something that isn't a real shocking reveal. Plus, if this is the answer, it could be construed as one of the easier clues he could give (since "Mary" is in the clue itself).

So, I still hope my Nun/Conjuring answer from before is correct. But this one not only seems more plausible, but also a more easily attainable trail of bread crumbs. What do you all think?

And Doomsday!

I always forget about Doomsday. I still can't believe they doubled down on that one - it wasn't even timed for theatrical, it was a "let's grease the DVD sales" move. And I guess I did buy the DVD after seeing the maze and wondering "how the hell is this a movie," so...

Anything related to the soft reboot/direct sequel continuations from the original '78 Halloween - so that film, Halloween (2018), and the forthcoming Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends - are no go's. There are ties to Miramax which leave some say with Disney, who have given a firm no. Unless something substantially changes, expect Disney to lock Uni out from using blockbuster properties they have a say over.

Those Rick Grimes movies are also going to be Universal releases. I would expect a new maze when the time comes just in the way we expected Dracula Untold or The Thing (2011).

Status
Not open for further replies.