Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always forget about Doomsday. I still can't believe they doubled down on that one - it wasn't even timed for theatrical, it was a "let's grease the DVD sales" move. And I guess I did buy the DVD after seeing the maze and wondering "how the hell is this a movie," so...

But it gave us the cannibals dancing to Fine Young Cannibals "Good Thing"!

I always forget about Doomsday. I still can't believe they doubled down on that one - it wasn't even timed for theatrical, it was a "let's grease the DVD sales" move. And I guess I did buy the DVD after seeing the maze and wondering "how the hell is this a movie," so...

Anything related to the soft reboot/direct sequel continuations from the original '78 Halloween - so that film, Halloween (2018), and the forthcoming Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends - are no go's. There are ties to Miramax which leave some say with Disney, who have given a firm no. Unless something substantially changes, expect Disney to lock Uni out from using blockbuster properties they have a say over.

Those Rick Grimes movies are also going to be Universal releases. I would expect a new maze when the time comes just in the way we expected Dracula Untold or The Thing (2011).

God knows when those will be out.

I would expect H5--tie in to new movie, same rights holders as H4, a big horror icon like Mikey can't hurt for 30th anni--but I recall a couple months back I was told (on this site) H5 was unlikely.

As the New York Times reported, that show has actually experienced a major turnaround and become a hit. Its being kicked out is more a matter of producer politics at this point.
Good to know. I had only read it was being kicked and assumed it was due to its own performance. The actor that portrays Beetlejuice in it is amazing from what I saw in the Tony’s performance. Looks to be the best part of the show.

I always wondered if Universal would have just done a Titans Of Terror house with all four horror icons, Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Michael, it would be a really good opportunity to pick the best scenes from each of their houses from these past years and to have it sorta like 25 Years, sorta like Hollywood's house but a little bit better and no, no black walls lol

I always wondered if Universal would have just done a Titans Of Terror house with all four horror icons, Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Michael, it would be a really good opportunity to pick the best scenes from each of their houses from these past years and to have it sorta like 25 Years, sorta like Hollywood's house but a little bit better and no, no black walls lol

The house would likely stick to the first three since the rights are different for Myers. If I recall, Murdy mentioned it took a good deal of negotiation just to get Myers on the Titans Of Terror shirt. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Oh how I've missed being deep into the Spec! Took a few years off to try and be surprised when Uni released all of the information... Nah, that is not where it is at chief! Watching Legacy's clues drive the masses crazy is always a treat! Seeing how diabolical he has become over the years would make Murdy and his carney mind set proud! For those digging along with Legacy that are new, the clues could go as deep as the color that was introduced the year the painting was made was created by a man with the same name as the son of the director's niece... Just saying.. And seeing Brian Doom slap crap posts is great fun! Cheers folks haunt season never ends!

What kind of upsell event

Edit: I'm not looking to upset anyone on this form or make the site look bad in any way. Sorry if I caused issues with my post. I've been lucky to participate in surveys for years (HHN and parks related) and have always come back here to post my thoughts without diving into details. I apologize. I will say the survey did ask about my involvement in the online fan communities, in fact, one survey I took a couple of years ago was specifically about my online involvement in fan sites and I have always answered truthfully. With social media the way it is I give it a few days before you start seeing it pop up on facebook groups etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.