Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Publicly on the forums? They’re rarely shared because people want to continue receiving them. They’re normally discussed outside of the forums from what I’ve found or months after.
Fair enough, but I think franky was vague enough to be in the clear. Mods of course will delete it they feel otherwise.

Conjuring + Candyman is enough for me. Creepshow doesn’t seem too far fetched either and I think the three of those could be pretty easily marketed.

One thing about if Conjuring were to come though is that, if a 30 Years house happens, it would likely not be an entire Universe mega house. Betting they would recycle the 27 house with a finale scene from Devil Made me Do It

I liked, but didn't love the original Candyman. But I think it could make a great house with use of mirrors as deceptions to confuse you as to where he is lurking. Will have to see how the new movie is handled. I would love a Conjuring universe house - I liked both Conjuring films a lot as well as Annabelle: Creation. But the entities in those films could make an AMAZING house. I'm thinking off the top of my head...Valak, Annabelle doll, Crooked Man, the freaky Annabelle cult girl & her Charlie Manson looking guy friend, among others. Creepshow is one of my favorite '80s horror films. However, I watched the Hollywood house on YouTube and thought it was just okay - of course, watching it on a computer and walking through it are 2 very different things. I would love to see what Orlando's take on it could be, and if they could make it scarier. If those were the 3 IP houses for HHN30, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. For me personally, it would be an upgrade over Stranger Things and Ghostbusters for sure, though I really liked the House of 1000 Corpses house this year.

I liked, but didn't love the original Candyman. But I think it could make a great house with use of mirrors as deceptions to confuse you as to where he is lurking. Will have to see how the new movie is handled. I would love a Conjuring universe house - I liked both Conjuring films a lot as well as Annabelle: Creation. But the entities in those films could make an AMAZING house. I'm thinking off the top of my head...Valak, Annabelle doll, Crooked Man, the freaky Annabelle cult girl & her Charlie Manson looking guy friend, among others. Creepshow is one of my favorite '80s horror films. However, I watched the Hollywood house on YouTube and thought it was just okay - of course, watching it on a computer and walking through it are 2 very different things. I would love to see what Orlando's take on it could be, and if they could make it scarier. If those were the 3 IP houses for HHN30, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest.

Honestly I think Candyman could be a really scary house if they play up the
mirrors and randomness of when he shows up since he was basically everywhere at once in the movie. Although, unless Jordan Peele’s remake is more aggressive in scares I’d expect the house to be a lot like Us.

Conjuring would be amazing and I think it’s one of those rare IPs that is just perfect for HHN in every aspect. Scary settings, scary villains, easy to cast, and an amazing soundtrack. If it comes I’m getting a FFP solely for that house.

Creepshow in Hollywood was, in my opinion, exactly how you said it was. Perfectly ok/good house. I think Orlando’s would be a more expanded house since some sections felt kind of short. Definitely a scary house though and the Creep was amazing to see.

Poking my head back into here, I'd be fine if the IP's were Candyman, Conjuring and possibly Creepshow.

Candyman does feel like the most logical lock of them all, with the timing, relevancy and the connection/relationship with Jordan Peele. Not to mention it's one of the few remaining well-known IP's available from the drying well.

Conjuring is one I'm definitely hoping everything falls into place for that. We all know A&D had this one in mind for 27 until the lawsuit situation happened, and the IP is chock full of material to have fun with. Also considering HHN is pretty dang good with ghost/paranormal houses, this one could be killer if they actually get it.

Creepshow is something I definitely wouldn't mind, HW looked to have done a nice job with theirs, but I'd like to see Orlando take it on. (An hopefully add way more roaches in the "They're Creeping Up on You" segment since the lack of them in HW's was very disappointing for me.) Though I'd say a big factor on whether or not we'll see this is if Orlando want's to take a chance with more of a cult-IP when the well-known ones this year bombed in the ratings. But on the flip-side, the reception of HoTC (a cult-IP) might work in it's favor.

Wow, everyone else wondering what IPs will be there and here I am just wondering how many originals will be new, sequels, prequels, or remakes. I just really couldn't care less I guess for IPs even when they make great houses.

Wow, everyone else wondering what IPs will be there and here I am just wondering how many originals will be new, sequels, prequels, or remakes. I just really couldn't care less I guess for IPs even when they make great houses.

Why not think about both?

It would be nice to have just three IPs and for at least two of them to be scary.

I see something like this for Original’s
1. Sequel or prequel to fan favorite, it’s probably going to be Scarecrow.
2. Dungeon of Terror
3. Terra queen house , maybe even scarezone too.
4. Anniversary house
5. New Original.
6. New Original

It would be nice to have just three IPs and for at least two of them to be scary.
Mostly because IPs are just so uninteresting to me. Yeah it's great when they work as a scary house but they usually are just "Ooh do you remember that scene?" kind of stuff. If I haven't seen the movie, usually I just end up confused. I just love how the originals have to tell a story and scare you at the same time. I don't know, we are all different in taste here. Some like that whole thing with IPs, while I find it just so "meh."

Agree - while I slightly end up preferring the original houses a little more, I also greatly enjoy good IP houses. My 3 favorite houses last year were Graveyard Games, Universal Monsters, and House of 1000 Corpses - 1 complete IP, 1 partial IP (characters, not necessarily story), and 1 complete original). Plus, it's awfully difficult to speculate about original houses since the possibilities are literally endless so there's no real jumping off point except for sequels - that's why speculation surrounds IPs more than originals I think. But I certainly wouldn't mistake that for a lack of enthusiasm for originals in the slightest. In one of Legacy's clues, I ended up at a potential Jack the Ripper house/scarezone. I'd be absolutely thrilled for something like that. But again, it's tough to speculate those because there's no real starting spot for the most part.

Agree - while I slightly end up preferring the original houses a little more, I also greatly enjoy good IP houses. My 3 favorite houses last year were Graveyard Games, Universal Monsters, and House of 1000 Corpses - 1 complete IP, 1 partial IP (characters, not necessarily story), and 1 complete original). Plus, it's awfully difficult to speculate about original houses since the possibilities are literally endless so there's no real jumping off point except for sequels - that's why speculation surrounds IPs more than originals I think. But I certainly wouldn't mistake that for a lack of enthusiasm for originals in the slightest. In one of Legacy's clues, I ended up at a potential Jack the Ripper house/scarezone. I'd be absolutely thrilled for something like that. But again, it's tough to speculate those because there's no real starting spot for the most part.

I'm probably wrong, but Jack the Ripper = Body Collectors = Terra Cruentes? A TC house would undoubtedly include them, since that's where they started and they were the most iconic thing that year.

If the house count gets bumped up to 11 I could see a 8/3 or 7/4 ratio. Definitely won’t be more IPs than originals though

If this year goes up to 11 (Spinal Tap references FTW!), Monsters would be a great choice for a repeat house. Heck, it would be tempting to just leave it sitting there (parade float space, I know I know).

Last edited:
I'm probably wrong, but Jack the Ripper = Body Collectors = Terra Cruentes? A TC house would undoubtedly include them, since that's where they started and they were the most iconic thing that year.

Wait - is this possible? I was throwing a dart by following the clues to Jack The Ripper. I hadn't even come close to making this connection. Holy poop - and Legacy said his clues weren't necessarily houses, so that would fit into this scenario. I can't believe I didn't see that. Now I'm really excited about the prospect. Well done!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.