Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - while I slightly end up preferring the original houses a little more, I also greatly enjoy good IP houses. My 3 favorite houses last year were Graveyard Games, Universal Monsters, and House of 1000 Corpses - 1 complete IP, 1 partial IP (characters, not necessarily story), and 1 complete original). Plus, it's awfully difficult to speculate about original houses since the possibilities are literally endless so there's no real jumping off point except for sequels - that's why speculation surrounds IPs more than originals I think. But I certainly wouldn't mistake that for a lack of enthusiasm for originals in the slightest. In one of Legacy's clues, I ended up at a potential Jack the Ripper house/scarezone. I'd be absolutely thrilled for something like that. But again, it's tough to speculate those because there's no real starting spot for the most part.
Fair point you have there. IPs are much easier to speculate. I like you. Legacy is correct. You have a good head on your shoulders and you are well spoken. Nice to have someone like you on the forums.

Totally agree, it's nice to hear these really wonderful thoughts!

When I first read "Doctor Who", I audibly scoffed. But, after thinking about it, they've done a lot of work with psedo-Weeping Angels, and if the recent puppet houses like Seeds are any indication, they can attempt to make the Daleks scary. There are also a lot of incidental monsters that would likely translate very well into a house... but I'm sure they're balancing the fact that this would likely be an age drop of like, five years from Stranger Things, and even Ghostbusters. If the average age of Stranger Thing's target demographic is like...13? 14? Around Eleven's age? Dr. Who would bring out the eight year olds in droves...

I just don't see the mass appeal of Doctor Who being there any more. I feel that they'd just end up pissing off more "dedicated fans" than new ones that are brought in.

Definitely smells like a search for a leak to me.

I will be beyond shocked if the BBC were to allow one of their biggest family oriented franchises to be associated with an event that features blood, guts and gore such as HHN.

I just don't see the mass appeal of Doctor Who being there any more. I feel that they'd just end up pissing off more "dedicated fans" than new ones that are brought in.

Definitely smells like a search for a leak to me.

I will be beyond shocked if the BBC were to allow one of their biggest family oriented franchises to be associated with an event that features blood, guts and gore such as HHN.

I could see the early seasons of Doctor Who being turned into a house. You have creates like the Silence, Weeping Angels, Cybermen, Daleks... yes it would take a little creativity but I could definitely see it. As for if it should come or even is a possibility is another story. Has it ever been rumored to show at the event before and is there any actual rumor of it coming this year or is it just a wishful thinking situation?

I could see the early seasons of Doctor Who being turned into a house. You have creates like the Silence, Weeping Angels, Cybermen, Daleks... yes it would take a little creativity but I could definitely see it. As for if it should come or even is a possibility is another story. Has it ever been rumored to show at the event before and is there any actual rumor of it coming this year or is it just a wishful thinking situation?

Don't get me wrong, I think it could make for a fantastic family horror event if they ever wanted to do something like that. Some of the creature design is top notch.

They are very careful of the IP though, particularly the Daleks and how they are used so the chances of appearing at HHN are, in my opinion, next to zero.

Don't get me wrong, I think it could make for a fantastic family horror event if they ever wanted to do something like that. Some of the creature design is top notch.

They are very careful of the IP though, particularly the Daleks and how they are used so the chances of appearing at HHN are, in my opinion, next to zero.

Yeah, I want scary. At the beginning of this thread (waaaaay back in the day lol) Brian said that "guests want scary," as well. So who knows.

Anyway, Chris on the Hollywood side indicated that he knew about an IP being shared on both coasts, one that he was really excited about.

Last edited:

While my gut says Legacy is right, and this is a red herring, Universal did have a hand in the first season of the revival of Who so...

Would Universal, ahem, accommodate the BBC's wishes? Hopefully not. As in, I could see BBC requiring they remove any gore from the rest of the event. :/

So, really hoping that DW is a red herring. But if Universal were trying to control leaks, wouldn't they put out a property that would be more expected?

Last edited:
I will say, Doctor who at first glance seems completely out of place and “not horror” and I don’t personally think it belongs in a Horror based event. BUT in the case of a possible slot, there is a huge amount of creatures to choose from and big amount of them being genuinely terrifying. There’s actually a lot to make a maze out of.

I will say, Doctor who at first glance seems completely out of place and “not horror” and I don’t personally think it belongs in a Horror based event. BUT in the case of a possible slot, there is a huge amount of creatures to choose from and big amount of them being genuinely terrifying. There’s actually a lot to make a maze out of.
Believe me, Doctor Who has an absolutely amazing rogues gallery for a haunt. There is a ton of potentially great scares and scene moments that could come from a house like this. But there is a big difference in including Game of Thrones/Walking Dead at their peaks and Doctor Who in 2020. Save this IP for an off year.

Yeah, agreed on DW. While it has some genuinely have some terrifying creations, it is not a horror property. I don't consider GoT horror and believe it has no place at the event either. Again horrific imagery exclusively does not a good house make.

JJ, I love reading your analyses (I literally had to Google the plural form of analysis.) The connections you make from one detail to another are great. Even if you are wrong, please keep it up! Very interesting to read.

Fair point you have there. IPs are much easier to speculate. I like you. Legacy is correct. You have a good head on your shoulders and you are well spoken. Nice to have someone like you on the forums.

Really appreciate the hospitality for the "new guy". Thanks all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.