Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legacy I believe had written up a “Reality-Terrorvision” concept where HR was inspired to recreate reality tv shows with other prisoners in grisly ways. That kind of concept seemed really fun to me (though potentially slowly leaning towards a bit out of date).

Gordon Ramsay is still a popular figure I think? I'm imagining a scene that parodies KN lol.

Thinking about the Anniversary house again I think if they made it only for the icons like it was mentioned before by somebody. I think that would be really cool too, seeing how they did Universal Monsters, going through each of the icons own worlds and with awesome transitions as seen in Monsters, it would be awesome to see Jack in his own carnival and then proceeding into a dilapidated dingy place which would end up leading us to Eddie and then possibly some kind of sinister play place for Cindy leading to an underground mortuary leading us into the house of The Caretaker to find ourselves going through bricked wall area with a screen room door leading us to Directors' studio and then onwards to Storyteller's home where the man on the bed of nails is laying with the anvil above him and it could be a cool trigger for the Storyteller to walk up to him and cut the wire and have a pulley bring the anvil up and down or something, idk how they would pull off Bloody Mary's room if they aren't going to use her, maybe a little room with her office or the two way mirror or her world that was seen in the commercial would be cool, finding our way through a theater hallway of the Universal Palace where we find ourselves being chased by The Usher at every turn, thinking we are safe but find ourselves in the Universal Warehouse where the many props of past HHN houses and etc. and coming towards the Lantern glowing as we find ourselves in the presence of Fear (if they could fit him in the house lol) onward as we see a roulette wheel with latest victim of Lady Luck and ravens all around us, we see Fortuna in her seductive and human facade but soon see her monster form as we exit her room, I'm not sure where they would go from there, I'm not really good with making walk-throughs as I used to but something like this would work in a way a little more detail and stuff and of course with the ending featuring all the Icons and monsters chasing us out of the house. I did forget add Chance since she was the last icon for 26, so for her may they'd have her in an asylum of her mind basically from the commercial in which find ourselves back in the Shadybrook Asylum as she is the last resident.

Last edited:
Thinking about the Anniversary house again I think if they made it only for the icons like it was mentioned before by somebody. I think that would be really cool too, seeing how they did Universal Monsters, going through each of the icons own worlds and with awesome transitions as seen in Monsters, it would be awesome to see Jack in his own carnival and then proceeding into a dilapidated dingy place which would end up leading us to Eddie and then possibly some kind of sinister play place for Cindy leading to an underground mortuary leading us into the house of The Caretaker to find ourselves going through bricked wall area with a screen room door leading us to Directors' studio and then onwards to Storyteller's home where the man on the bed of nails is laying with the anvil above him and it could be a cool trigger for the Storyteller to walk up to him and cut the wire and have a pulley bring the anvil up and down or something, idk how they would pull off Bloody Mary's room if they aren't going to use her, maybe a little room with her office or the two way mirror or her world that was seen in the commercial would be cool, finding our way through a theater hallway of the Universal Palace where we find ourselves being chased by The Usher at every turn, thinking we are safe but find ourselves in the Universal Warehouse where the many props of past HHN houses and etc. and coming towards the Lantern glowing as we find ourselves in the presence of Fear (if they could fit him in the house lol) onward as we see a roulette wheel with latest victim of Lady Luck and ravens all around us, we see Fortuna in her seductive and human facade but soon see her monster form as we exit her room, I'm not sure where they would go from there, I'm not really good with making walk-throughs as I used to but something like this would work in a way a little more detail and stuff and of course with the ending featuring all the Icons and monsters chasing us out of the house. I did forget add Chance since she was the last icon for 26, so for her may they'd have her in an asylum of her mind basically from the commercial in which find ourselves back in the Shadybrook Asylum as she is the last resident.

I like it and think it’d be a good house for HHN 30. My favorite part of Monsters and Mayhem was encountering the Caretaker in the funeral parlor. Give the Terra Queen her own house since it’s her 15 year anniversary, and throw everyone else into an icons mash up house.

Last edited:
I see there are others who also think Carnival Graveyard would make an awesome scarezone.

And an open floor sequel to Scarecrow just sounds like it would be so cool.

If they decide to just repeat Scarecrow to budget 11 houses, I wouldn’t be opposed to a Hallow’d Past meets Carnival Graveyard setup (warehouse) for an anni house.

I see there are others who also think Carnival Graveyard would make an awesome scarezone.

And an open floor sequel to Scarecrow just sounds like it would be so cool.

Scarecrow was inspired by the Field of Screams scarezone, and The Harvest in 28 was inspired by Scarecrow; even used some of their costumes and props.

I’d love to see full blown Carnival and Graveyard scarezones. If they went the route of houses as scarezones next year, these would be my top picks, along with Gothic.

Personally I would love to see the anniversary house to be like slaughter sinema and each movie old houses with a fun campy twist! Then again slaughter sinema is my favorite house of all time and I just wanna see more SS

Personally I would love to see the anniversary house to be like slaughter sinema and each movie old houses with a fun campy twist! Then again slaughter sinema is my favorite house of all time and I just wanna see more SS
I really enjoyed the concept of SS but it didn’t execute too well. To be honest, I always thought that devil dogs have the potential to be a great scare zone. I wouldn’t mind seeing biker werewolves causing havoc in the streets of HHN.

Legacy I believe had written up a “Reality-Terrorvision” concept where HR was inspired to recreate reality tv shows with other prisoners in grisly ways. That kind of concept seemed really fun to me (though potentially slowly leaning towards a bit out of date).

Yeah, it was something along those lines and not a bad conceit.

However, if we do get a HR Bloodengutz/Slaughter Sinema mashup, the story is relatively straightforward. HR, who has remained on the run since the finale of his Holidays of Horror marathon, has decided to prove once again that he is the host with the most. He has taken over Slaughter Sinema and is now presenting an all new marathon of maniacal movies. Anyone who happens to try to leave during his show, well, let's just say they will soon find out why he is called Bloodengutz. The trailers are intercut with him torturing his the attempted escapees in manners that fit the movie kills.

Keep the call box transitions, but with Bloodengutz' voice and his victims in each transition.

Honestly, I have no interest in Holidayz in Hell coming here as it was just a less interesting version of HR Bloodengutz' house. It was fun enough, but it just made me want to walk through the 2011 classic again.

Yeah, it was something along those lines and not a bad conceit.

However, if we do get a HR Bloodengutz/Slaughter Sinema mashup, the story is relatively straightforward. HR, who has remained on the run since the finale of his Holidays of Horror marathon, has decided to prove once again that he is the host with the most. He has taken over Slaughter Sinema and is now presenting an all new marathon of maniacal movies. Anyone who happens to try to leave during his show, well, let's just say they will soon find out why he is called Bloodengutz. The trailers are intercut with him torturing his the attempted escapees in manners that fit the movie kills.

Keep the call box transitions, but with Bloodengutz' voice and his victims in each transition.

Honestly, I have no interest in Holidayz in Hell coming here as it was just a less interesting version of HR Bloodengutz' house. It was fun enough, but it just made me want to walk through the 2011 classic again.

That’s kind of how I feel about Holidayz as well.

Good story you came up with, my only problem is that there would still be less thematic cohesion than the first one. Reality TV or the Monsters would be a cohesive theme.

I also saw the idea somewhere (think it was Zombieman on Nightmares) of Bloodengutz presenting the different comedy houses of the past.

That’s kind of how I feel about Holidayz as well.

Good story you came up with, my only problem is that there would still be less thematic cohesion than the first one. Reality TV or the Monsters would be a cohesive theme.

I also saw the idea somewhere (think it was Zombieman on Nightmares) of Bloodengutz presenting the different comedy houses of the past.

You assume that the marathon of movies he picks has no through line. Midnight Monster Mayhem with B-movie creatures would fit the bill.

I don’t dislike Holidayz in Hell, I just think it got a bump due to being the first successful/fun/interesting Hollywood Original in a LONG time.

You assume that the marathon of movies he picks has no through line. Midnight Monster Mayhem with B-movie creatures would fit the bill.

I don’t dislike Holidayz in Hell, I just think it got a bump due to being the first successful/fun/interesting Hollywood Original in a LONG time.

Maybe they can use @AstroOwl52 's idea for putting the SS movies in space. Wa-la, common theme. Plus the title "HR Bloodengutz Presents: Slaughter Sinema IN SPACE" would be pretty great on its own.

However, I am not sure if I want an original comedy house if we have more than two comedy based and/or milder IPs.

Last edited:
Maybe they can use @AstroOwl52 's idea for putting the SS movies in space. Wa-la, common theme. Plus the title "HR Bloodengutz Presents: Slaughter Sinema IN SPACE" would be pretty great on its own.

However, I am not sure if I want an original comedy house if we have more than two comedy based and/or milder IPs.

I don’t see them trying a comedy IP this year after the Ghostbust-backlash. Original comedies work because they can have certain edges and gore added to them. And for the other reasons originals work.

How overwhelming was the backlash for Ghostbusters? It didn’t seem all that harsh when the event was happening; I seemed to notice the overall contempt for the house more after the event ended

In terms of how 25 featured content from 20-24 I think we can expect the following ruled out:

- Based on 25 we can rule out Psychoscarepy, Run, and Body Collectors getting their own houses. Run seems like a now dead franchise since Run 3 wasn’t too well received but the Body Collectors are likely to return in a Terra Cruentes house or zone and Psychoscarepy will likely show up in either a mashup house or zone. Asylum didn’t really set itself up for sequels but Scary Tales could definitely get another spinoff house(Path of the Wicked plz!)

- 26 was a pretty ok year in terms of originals but none of them set themselves up for sequels very well which means Ghost Town or Tomb might just get a scene or two in a mashup house. Lunatics is better left forgotten

- 27 is the most recent year for the most potential for sequel houses. All of the originals except for Fallen are set up to be revisited and Scarecrow seems all but confirmed to reappear in some form. I’d expect to see Dead Waters in a mashup house and Hive has potential to be revisited, but likely not for 30(especially if Conjuring ends up coming).

- Half of the originals from 28 were sequels so we can rule out a straight up DE or Scary Tales house coming. Slaughter Sinema could easily get a sequel and Carnival Graveyard would make a good zone if they choose to revisit it.

- None of the originals from 29 will return for 30 as a straight up house or zone, so if they show up at all it’ll be in a mashup house.

So basically, if any “recent” originals are likely to show up as sequel houses it’ll be:

- Scarecrow Reboot or Sequel
- Slaughter Sinema 2
- Scary Tales Spin-off
- 30 Years of Fear(likely emphasis on 27 or 28 like how 25 focused on 21)

Pre-25, if any originals were to get sequels I wouldn’t be shocked to see:
- HR Bloodengutz 2
- Gothic Reboot or Sequel
- Urban Legends Sequel
- Legendary Truth Sequel
- In Between 2

Carnival Graveyard would make for a fantastic zone. Don't know how I hadn't thought of that perfect match before.

Status
Not open for further replies.