Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that thinks maybe they should just cut down on the size of the New York scarezone? The past 2 years unless it’s right next to the stages it has just felt empty and a major waste of space.

Nah. They just need to go back to using the space the right way (and with the right budget). When done correctly, that zone is epic

It's also a lot easier for me. When I'm building clues to a "theme," I have to shoehorn a bit. It results in clues that are a little clunky.

This new format takes less time for me and (I think) creates more specific answers.

So, because I explained one clue, here's a new one:

thesaneabandoned.jpg

Don't necessarily think this is the solution, but some interesting things to note.

Sane Abandoned is a band out of Chicago.
- 'Candyman' takes place in Chicago

There is a firetruck behind them
- In 'Candyman' (1992), the Candyman is burned alive

Don't necessarily think this is the solution, but some interesting things to note.

Sane Abandoned is a band out of Chicago.
- 'Candyman' takes place in Chicago

There is a firetruck behind them
- In 'Candyman' (1992), the Candyman is burned alive
For the sake of progress, you’re getting closer.

#MMC

#MMC

I know that these are typically not known by anyone until they happen... but might the fourth hint be pointing towards the currently scheduled first announcement date? March 6?

This would be 21 days earlier than the first announcement for 29, which would make sense if we are getting 11 houses.

A quick google search of "MMC Chicago" brings me to the homepage for the Metropolitan Mathematics Club, on which is a deadline announcement of March 6.

I know, this is seriously a stretch lol.

EDIT: March 6, 2020 is a Friday.

Last edited:

#MMC

Assuming the Chicago aspect is what's bringing us "closer" , here are some other Chicago connections.

Would like to preface by noting that Walt Disney is from Chicago, but I could find no obvious connections between the following individuals and the Mickey Mouse Club.

- Lou Adler, executive producer of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" was born in Chicago

Lou Adler led me down the biggest rabbit hole, as he once worked with the Beach Boys to write "Surf City".
The Beach Boys once performed a song called "The Monkey's Uncle" with Annette Funicello, star of the
Mickey Mouse Club.

- William Friedkin, director of "The Exorcist" is also a Chicago Native

- As is Harold Ramis, who played Egon Spengler in "Ghostbusters"

Hopefully some of this can help move us closer to the solution!

For HHN XXX, I would like Universal to introduce a new icon. It’s been awhile, but I feel like it should be done. Also, would love to see an overlay on The Simpsons Ride. Krusty the Clown becomes Jack the Clown, and he welcomes guests to a brand-new attraction inside his Carnival of CARNAGE. Guests barely escape every single trap.

Also, I know this is a little random, but I would like to see Universal create a HHN Cinemacabre Universe in theatres or exclusively on Peacock. A Jack the Clown movie could be a good starter for that :)

For HHN XXX, I would like Universal to introduce a new icon. It’s been awhile, but I feel like it should be done. Also, would love to see an overlay on The Simpsons Ride. Krusty the Clown becomes Jack the Clown, and he welcomes guests to a brand-new attraction inside his Carnival of CARNAGE. Guests barely escape every single trap.

Also, I know this is a little random, but I would like to see Universal create a HHN Cinemacabre Universe in theatres or exclusively on Peacock. A Jack the Clown movie could be a good starter for that :)
If Universal can do a treehouse of horrors overlay I will make an effort for a 2nd trip next year.

Universal, if you’re listening....

Assuming the Chicago aspect is what's bringing us "closer" , here are some other Chicago connections.

Would like to preface by noting that Walt Disney is from Chicago, but I could find no obvious connections between the following individuals and the Mickey Mouse Club.

- Lou Adler, executive producer of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" was born in Chicago

Lou Adler led me down the biggest rabbit hole, as he once worked with the Beach Boys to write "Surf City".
The Beach Boys once performed a song called "The Monkey's Uncle" with Annette Funicello, star of the
Mickey Mouse Club.

- William Friedkin, director of "The Exorcist" is also a Chicago Native

- As is Harold Ramis, who played Egon Spengler in "Ghostbusters"

Hopefully some of this can help move us closer to the solution!

If the location is the clue, then maybe we can take Chicago to just mean Illinois. The Halloween movies are set in Haddonfield, Illinois. I heard a "rumor" from a friend of a friend who said they believe Halloween 5 will be coming to HHN 30. So it could be that (or, less likely, the new Halloween movies).

I speculate that Jack will be considered. I would LIKE if the icons didn't return at all and we got something new. I will say I'm tired of the icons being vignette photo ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.