Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 had some really cool ideas and some of the best story and design elements but the houses were lacking, some of the scarezones were cheesy....

but it had the best overall aesthetic / theme and it had it down pat - except for Where Evil Hides which was out of left field and a weird unnecessary element.

Cold Blind Terror too.

If you wanna' talk out of left field and unnecessary in HHN 15, look no further than Rat Run. (Which was MC'd by Jack.)

Yeah, for as amazing as the theme/worldbuilding/website was, the event itself wasn't the smash hit it was hyped to be. It's also one of the years which is a great example that while a neat interactive website is nice...ultimately what matters more is what's inside the event itself.

Hi Everyone. Happy New Year!

Used to post a few years back, around HHN25, but I can’t remember my log in so I’m a newbie again.

Heading back for HHN30 after having not been to Orlando in Sept/Oct since HHN27 so I’m excited to get back for this year’s event. My first year was HHN8 when I was probably far too young to go but I’ve been hooked since.

Personally I would like to see an icon or a theme this year. I just think it offers cohesiveness when it’s done well. Especially when it comes to marketing and building hype.

I know they are not everyone’s cup of tea but I’m a fan of the previous icons. Again, when they are done well (Lady Luck, I’m side-eyeing you). I enjoy their backstory and just think it adds depth to the event.

Do I think they will come back though? I’m not sure. I feel like the event is moving away from this as it tries to appeal to a broader audience.
Welcome back :)

If you wanna' talk out of left field and unnecessary in HHN 15, look no further than Rat Run. (Which was MC'd by Jack.)

Yeah, for as amazing as the theme/worldbuilding/website was, the event itself wasn't the smash hit it was hyped to be. It's also one of the years which is a great example that while a neat interactive website is nice...ultimately what matters more is what's inside the event itself.
Rat Run was a late add, after they opened New York to better allow guests flow between Cold Blind Terror, and Where Evil Hides.

Rat Run was a late add, after they opened New York to better allow guests flow between Cold Blind Terror, and Where Evil Hides.

Ah, didn't know that. So while not un-necessary, it still stands as one of the odder additions to be put in the event.

I like icons personally cause when the event doesn't have a theme, they provide a sorta strand tying it together in some way. Also they are the host. You know, of the Halloween event/party. You kinda need that at a party. The Master of Scaremonies, all that jazz.

But in all seriousness, while I love the icons, I don't think they are needed. I would prefer them, again them being the host and all that, and without a host it just feels... disjointed, but they are not needed.

I like icons personally cause when the event doesn't have a theme, they provide a sorta strand tying it together in some way. Also they are the host. You know, of the Halloween event/party. You kinda need that at a party. The Master of Scaremonies, all that jazz.

But in all seriousness, while I love the icons, I don't think they are needed. I would prefer them, again them being the host and all that, and without a host it just feels... disjointed, but they are not needed.
Icons ARE a theme.

They haven’t teased anything for the anniversary yet, so I’m not holding my breath on any special videos or content being generated to promote the event this year. Looking at their Instagram account, it’s all the same generic nonsense over and over again.

They haven’t teased anything for the anniversary yet, so I’m not holding my breath on any special videos or content being generated to promote the event this year. Looking at their Instagram account, it’s all the same generic nonsense over and over again.

well yeah, it’s January. We still gotta get through Mardi Gras.

My guess is the first house announcement will be in March. Stranger Things 3

Status
Not open for further replies.