The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well yeah, it’s January. We still gotta get through Mardi Gras.

For HHN 25 they had Jack teasers as soon as the last night of 24.

Their accounts are still active posting content from 29. Why not tease the anniversary? Or past event content leading up to 30? What I’m seeing from their marketing/social media teams now is uninspired and generic. If they’re going to post on the HHN account, make it interesting.

Reactions: Wednesday Addams

Their accounts are still active posting content from 29. Why not tease the anniversary? Or past event content leading up to 30? What I’m seeing from their marketing/social media teams now is uninspired and generic. If they’re going to post on the HHN account, make it interesting.

Again, I don't know if the standard anniversary format is even the right way to go here. It should definitely be more in the vein of 20, just with better houses than 20 supposedly had--and yes, I know they had that scarezone the final weekend of 19, point still stands. One or two houses celebrating the past, but mostly new ideas. Don't get me wrong though, I am expecting an exceptionally good year and I believe we all should. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Andromeda
Again, I don't know if the standard anniversary format is even the right way to go here.

Yep, which is why I said I’m not holding my breath. The ball’s in Universal’s court and they’re not doing anything interesting or special for the anniversary so far. I suspect it’ll be anniversary lite.

Probably because the social media team has no actual info on what’s happening for 30 yet...

Don't worry.

Reactions: Darko
Again, I don't know if the standard anniversary format is even the right way to go here. It should definitely be more in the vein of 20, just with better houses than 20 supposedly had--and yes, I know they had that scarezone the final weekend of 19, point still stands. One or two houses celebrating the past, but mostly new ideas. Don't get me wrong though, I am expecting an exceptionally good year and I believe we all should. :)
It will be my first anniversary year and extremely excited for it.

The March announcement is probably gonna be the main headlining IP. If that Conjuring rumor is valid I’d bet on that since none of the other speculated IPs are on that level.

Although it could be something different all together, maybe Blumhouse 3 as a fun surprise:grin:

25 was, and should be, a more special anniversary - and everyone at Universal knew Jack was coming back, which afforded them the chance to start marketing him at the end of 24 (using old promo material). Still, Universal was pretty much silent until May when they revealed Jack's new look and overall theme for 25.

I'm sure as the event has grown immensely since then, we'll get something earlier (probably end of March).

But until then - I wouldn't look at their recent posting as an indication of their 30 gameplan. As I said - it's January. It's still too early.

Yeah it seems like the only they would put out the dates for the following year's event which they've done last year for this year, so that's the only thing they'd give us so far to keep us on our toes, and yeah it's way too early for stuff to come up, all we know is that Patrick and the team have made progress and were already working on house #5 and going to be prepping up for house #6 right after Thanksgiving, that was the last update Patrick ever put up in November last year about this year's event. So they are making good progress, I'm sure like everyone's saying March could be a possibility that we could get some kind of inkling of what's to come this year whether a reveal or a house announcement, I'm sure they know that this year will have to top all the others, we just have to be patient.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like the only they would put out the dates for the following year's event which they've done last year for this year, so that's the only thing they'd give us so far to keep us on our toes, and yeah it's way too early for stuff to come up, all we know is that Patrick and the team have made progress and were already working on house #5 and going to be prepping up for house #6 right after Thanksgiving, that was the last update Patrick ever put up in November last year about this year's event. So they are making good progress, I'm sure like everyone's saying March could be a possibility that we could get some kind of inkling of what's to come this year whether a reveal or a house announcement, I'm sure they know that this year will have to top all the others, we just have to be patient.

Patrick isn’t the lead on HHN...

Reactions: Kichkinet85
THIS.

People seem to forget the social media team ≠ any branch of Creative
Or A&D...

A&D (under Entertainment) gives Marketing Development an overview of what that year’s content will be, and some ideas of what the campaign/theme can be. Marketing can either run with those ideas or come up with their own thing. Once a campaign is approved, then Marketing starts communicating what is coming and the various elements of the campaign (internet, television, radio, social media) start being produced.

Information is shared as needed.

... and then Marketing works with A&D (under Entertainment) to create an immersive website that gives (the illusion of) an overarching story to the event...

:party:

(Sometimes, it's just too easy, isn't it?)

... and then Marketing works with A&D (under Entertainment) to create an immersive website that gives (the illusion of) an overarching story to the event...

:party:

(Sometimes, it's just too easy, isn't it?)
Except writing an immersive “story” that is built into the fabric of the event can triple the time necessary to develop, code, and approve the website—forcing departments that are also developing products for Mardi Gras, Summer Concert Series, and the Holidays to consider the value of that effort with their resourcing and man-power.

(Most of the time, no it isn’t.)

Except writing an immersive “story” that is built into the fabric of the event can triple the time necessary to develop, code, and approve the website—forcing departments that are also developing products for Mardi Gras, Summer Concert Series, and the Holidays to consider the value of that effort with their resourcing and man-power.

(Most of the time, no it isn’t.)

For something that will only be read by people who already know exactly which ticket they're going to buy.

Some people call it being a business and growing market share
New people grow market share. If you’re on this site, you’re already calculated. Universal is also an international market driver. They literally have no competition to share the market with.

Fancy games don’t hook people, though—it’s guests testimonials, IPs, and the event’s overall quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.