The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't deny it's a very popular show with families. Almost every show fills up or close to it, so closing it would definitely take away something for families in a park already lacking things to do for families. I can totally get that. The animals are no excuse though as they don't actually stay at Universal overnight. They leave the venue with the trainers after the last show. Now sure, I can see how the kennels would prevent buildouts of places for pyro or whatever, but animals are no reason not to have pyro in that area as animals don't stay there overnight.

This all said, it does seem like Hollywood would be the better location for AoV if B&T comes back.
Ah. I just recall seeing some of the animals remaining overnight in 2010.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I think some do, I mean who wants a skunk?

Did see two handlers walking dogs through Springfield during HHN last year. It was hilarious.
Normally they don't actually walk the dogs out. They have cars parked backstage and at the end of the last show, the trainers put the dogs in the cars and they drive off.

Reactions: Kadath
Personally I think one or two nods to the past is fine, but would be good to see something new. I only recently started going to the event (HHN27 onwards), and so never experienced any of the icons or mascots or whatever. But to me that feels like it should stay in the past where it belongs.

Does the event need icons? No. Has the event suffered because there hasn’t been any icons the last few years? No. Nostalgia is fine, and yes it’s nice to have the odd nod or wink to the past, but I honestly don’t see what an icon can bring to the event in its current form.

I’d rather see something new and exciting, rather than dragging out characters which I’m supposed to be excited about because they’re from the past. And Joe Bloggs from GP won’t care either, which is the market Universal are targeting rather than us fans who would probably go to the event regardless.
This is what I've been saying. They have our money, with very few exceptions. There is literally no reason to pander to us from Universals POV - we're going anyway

This is what I've been saying. They have our money, with very few exceptions. There is literally no reason to pander to us from Universals POV - we're going anyway

The nostalgic part of me badly wants, say, another Screamhouse. But we've already had three.

Should there be a couple houses that celebrate the past (Terra Cruentes)? Absolutely. But it's time for fresh, new ideas. I feel like 18 was the perfect balance of this--a couple of returning classics, but six brand-new houses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko
Haven’t been on this forum in months, but I can’t wait for 30! Does anyone have any likely ideas on what’s coming to this years event even tho it’s extremely early?

Welcome back. Most of this is still just "best guess" at this point - this is NOT a wish-list, but a general theory given some things I've heard, some things Legacy has posted, other sites, common sense, etc. Please don't take this as anything concrete - again, this is just a list that, if I had to say RIGHT NOW makes sense given the very limited info at our disposal, this would be it...

I think there will be 11 houses. More original than IP. I'm guessing 4 IP, 7 originals. AoV is back. Marathon of Mayhem is back in some form because it was such a success.

My "best guess" with respect to houses at this point (probably mostly wrong):
1 - IP - Conjuring Universe/The Nun - headliner IP
2 - IP - Jordan Peele's Candyman (this one is the most likely of everything to appear)
3 - IP - Creepshow
4 - IP - Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
5 - Original/IP (half & half) - Some form of Universal Monsters - like a "versus" house (e.g. Frankenstein vs Wolfman)
6 - Original - "mash up" house of former HHN Icons/original houses from past anniversary events
7 - Original - sequel to Scarecrow The Reaping - or something based on it
8 - Original - sequel to Slaughter Sinema
9 - Original - ???
10 - Original - ???
11 - Original - ???

My "best guess" with respect to Scare Zones (also probably mostly wrong):
1 - Alien Abduction or Alien Invasion - something involving Aliens like a sequel to HHN 27's "Invasion!"
2 - The Final Purge
3 - ???
4 - ???
5 - ???

EDIT: Also - and this is a TOTAL GUESS. Haven't heard anything, but this is my own speculation - I would not be surprised to see something involving Rob Zombie return to HHN 30 given the extreme success of Ho1C and Hellbilly Deluxe. What that would be I have no idea. Could be an original Rob Zombie house. Could be a Devil's Rejects or/and 3 From Hell house, or it could be a Scarezone of some sorts. Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Welcome back. Most of this is still just "best guess" at this point - this is NOT a wish-list, but a general theory given some things I've heard, some things Legacy has posted, other sites, common sense, etc. Please don't take this as anything concrete - again, this is just a list that, if I had to say RIGHT NOW makes sense given the very limited info at our disposal, this would be it...

I think there will be 11 houses. More original than IP. I'm guessing 4 IP, 7 originals. AoV is back. Marathon of Mayhem is back in some form because it was such a success.

2 - IP - Jordan Peele's Candyman (this one is the most likely of everything to appear)
3 - IP - Creepshow
5 - Original/IP (half & half) - Some form of Universal Monsters - like a "versus" house (e.g. Frankenstein vs Wolfman)
6 - Original - "mash up" house of former HHN Icons/original houses from past anniversary events
9 - Original - ???
10 - Original - ???
11 - Original - ???

1 - Alien Abduction or Alien Invasion - something involving Aliens like a sequel to HHN 27's "Invasion!"
2 - The Final Purge
3 - ???
4 - ???
5 - ???

EDIT: Also - and this is a TOTAL GUESS. Haven't heard anything, but this is my own speculation - I would not be surprised to see something involving Rob Zombie return to HHN 30 given the extreme success of Ho1C and Hellbilly Deluxe. What that would be I have no idea. Could be an original Rob Zombie house. Could be a Devil's Rejects or/and 3 From Hell house, or it could be a Scarezone of some sorts. Just food for thought.

If they import Creepshow from Hollywood, cut the IP number down by one (licensing $$$) and cut the number of scarezones down (I say take out Plaza, for example) that might spread the budget for 11 houses without having to repeat one from Orlando's past.

3 - IP - Creepshow
9 - Original - ???
10 - Original - ???
11 - Original - ???

2 - The Final Purge
3 - ???
4 - ???
5 - ???

I would not count on Purge.

Zombie is interesting. I'd wager an original house would be more likely over one based on the films; but IMO, I think it's a "one and done".

Reactions: Darko
If they import Creepshow from Hollywood, cut the IP number down by one (licensing $$$) and cut the number of scarezones down (I say take out Plaza, for example) that might spread the budget for 11 houses without having to repeat one from Orlando's past.

The budget is determined by how many houses are approved, not the other way around.

Reactions: Kadath
I would not count on Purge.

Zombie is interesting. I'd wager an original house would be more likely over one based on the films; but IMO, I think it's a "one and done".

Yeah I'm certainly not counting on any of these LOL - just my best guess at this point. I know it's been implied (or maybe stated) that Purge isn't coming back, but with the new film being released in July and the success of it as a Scare Zone (I never liked it as a house, but I think it works well as a SZ), I thought it was a possibility.

I haven't heard a thing about Zombie coming back. I just know that both the house and SZ were successes last year, so it makes some sense. I agree that an original would probably be the call a la Welcome To My Nightmare if Zombie were to make another appearance this year.

I wouldn't doubt seeing The Purge make its final appearance as a zone, I mean the previous ones were good and have had moments of hits and misses, but better than the houses I'd say also I wouldn't mind combining both the movie and show in one to balance it and promote both properties.

As for Rob Zombie, I'd love to see them make him a house call it The Thrilling Chilling World Of Rob Zombie like his maze in Hollywood was called in 99 sounds like a perfect title for a house and to have feature some of the scareactors from the zone and others and hopefully take us into the music videos up close and personal with Dragula, Living Dead Girl, and so forth, they could definitely surround the house with some of big albums like Hellbilly Deluxe & Hellbilly Deluxe 2 would be really awesome they tackle both albums sorta what Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare house was trying to do although Hollywood's kinda nailed it a bit better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko and RevFreako
maybe since zombie scarezone and house was so popular it could open doors for other bands to get a zone or house

They were probably gun shy about another one after the horrible Alice Cooper house way back when. The Rob Zombie scare zone was one of my favorites ever, and while I don't care for his movies, the House of 1,000 Corpses was one of my favorites last year.

I hope for more Zones like this as I think that is where it works best as you just have have the music blasting all night long and not playing over other songs by the artist in the houses were you hear snippits of 7 songs for 25 seconds each. The party aspect of the zone worked so well that I hope it's a new tradition to have one artist every year.

I'd love for a Marilyn Manson one where you have a Manson look alike on stage (just needs to be a skinny dude, the rest is all makeup and a contact lens) performing a concert (aka lipsyncing songs) and have some story like his music opened a portal to hell or something and have beasts roaming about who massacred the audience. The stage performance is a great distraction for scares. Have a "plant" that stands in the crowd who is periodically taken, literally kicking and screaming, by the beasts. And I'm sure the beasts would spare a few scantily clad women and shirtless beefcakes to dance for their entertainment ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.