Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to you all. I am a lurker finally coming out of the shadows to make my first post.

I am so excited for the 30th anniversary of HHN. I have really enjoyed reading the speculations so far for this year's event, particularly involving the icons and whether they will be showing up or not this year. Take what I’m about to say with a big grain of salt. I recently watched a youtube video about HHN30 and when I scrolled through the comments section of that video I saw someone that said they have a friend who is an HHN employee and apparently their friend told them Jack will be returning for this year's event. Now, of course I’m taking this with a big grain of salt.

However, I wouldn’t be too surprised if Universal brought back the icons (obviously Jack included). Perhaps an icon scarezone, house or even a show of some sort but nothing too big that takes away from the present time. Although, it’s hard to ignore the Terra Queen and her prophecy of her returning which would be this year. Her possible return may be bigger than expected. On the other hand, there were also some of you that said she may not necessarily be the main icon and may just have a scarezone or house which I can also see happening as well. The possible appearances of the other icons including the Terra Queen could be one big megahouse but everything else maybe the newer stuff. But, if she doesn’t come back at all (but I'm leaning more toward she will be back) I guess her said return wasn’t something to be taken literally rather just for the sake of the story line itself (even though I would like to think Universal would stay true to the prophecy).

All in all, icons or no icons whatever is done I think this year's event will be wonderful. I feel universal will go all out and a lot of people will be fond of their HHN30 experience. I think this year will be an absolute blast. I can’t wait to see more speculations and rumors as the event draws near.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Hello to you all. I am a lurker finally coming out of the shadows to make my first post.

I am so excited for the 30th anniversary of HHN. I have really enjoyed reading the speculations so far for this year's event, particularly involving the icons and whether they will be showing up or not this year. Take what I’m about to say with a big grain of salt. I recently watched a youtube video about HHN30 and when I scrolled through the comments section of that video I saw someone that said they have a friend who is an HHN employee and apparently their friend told them Jack will be returning for this year's event. Now, of course I’m taking this with a big grain of salt.

However, I wouldn’t be too surprised if Universal brought back the icons (obviously Jack included). Perhaps an icon scarezone, house or even a show of some sort but nothing too big that takes away from the present time. Although, it’s hard to ignore the Terra Queen and her prophecy of her returning which would be this year. Her possible return may be bigger than expected. On the other hand, there were also some of you that said she may not necessarily be the main icon and may just have a scarezone or house which I can also see happening as well. The possible appearances of the other icons including the Terra Queen could be one big megahouse but everything else maybe the newer stuff. But, if she doesn’t come back at all (but I'm leaning more toward she will be back) I guess her said return wasn’t something to be taken literally rather just for the sake of the story line itself (even though I would like to think Universal would stay true to the prophecy).

All in all, icons or no icons whatever is done I think this year's event will be wonderful. I feel universal will go all out and a lot of people will be fond of their HHN30 experience. I think this year will be an absolute blast. I can’t wait to see more speculations and rumors as the event draws near.

I'm expecting the unexpected

Welcome!!!

Here are my thoughts and opinions on some of the speculations spoken about on this thread so far for this year's event.

1) Stranger Things: I actually hope this doesn’t come to the event this year. I was never fond of the show or the house at HHN. I feel half of this maybe because I got tired of hearing about it so much to where it felt too over hyped. Unfortunately, I think there maybe a chance Universal brings it back this year to get more crowds which would be more money for them. Plus, if there are other popular IP’s at the event that can possibly bring in even more crowds. I just wish the show was better in my opinion. I know people who are big fans of the show and went to HHN and said it was their least favorite house. I just really don’t like it. Hopefully if it is brought back this year Universal makes it better somehow this time around.

2) The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: I saw this mentioned. I don’t really think it will be at this year’s event (would be surprised if it was) but I do feel there’s a high possibility of it coming to the event in the future. It strikes me as it wouldn’t really be such a scary house rather more of a beautiful house. Of course there are some elements that could make people jump like the devil himself showing up, other weird costumes, statues and god knows what else lol The show is very peculiar but I have no doubt Universal would be up for the challenge. This house would be cool to see. Something very unique that may certainly catch people’s attention.

3) Jordan Peele’s Candyman: I could totally see this coming to the event this year, especially since Peele has a contract with Universal ever since last year’s Us. It would make sense for it to be at the event this year. I don’t object to having it but I feel it is one of those things where it will be a hit or a miss. I think it can have the potential to be scary though. It would be interesting to see what Universal and Peele come up with.

4) Hellraiser: I remember seeing this when I was younger but recently couldn’t quite remember what happened. The only thing I remembered was that bald pale guy with all those pointy nails or whatever coming out his face lol I had to google the movie’s plot and images but nothing still came to mind even after that. It must have not been a movie I really enjoyed because it didn’t stick with me because normally I have good memory about movies and what took place even if I saw it way in the past. But based from the movie's plot and imagery I feel it could have great potential as a house. It could be very scary if done properly by Universal (which I don’t doubt they could accomplish). The set designs and costumes would be absolutely crazy. It would be cool. A very strong house if put together well.

5) The Thing: I also think there’s a possibility this could be at the event this year too. It may be similar to the Yeti house like last year with the cold and snowy environment but then aliens coming at you. I absolutely loved this movie growing up. LOVED IT. It's a classic in my opinion. I have no doubt if this comes to the event this year it would easily be one of my favorites. This movie was terrifying to me back then. I even enjoyed the remake too, although the original was my most favorite.

6) Creepshow: I wouldn’t be surprised if this house came to Orlando this year too. It was very well received last year at HHN Hollywood. It would be interesting to see what Orlando’s version would be. The house was terrifying in Hollywood so I can only imagine what Orlando would have in store for us if they decided to go through with this house. It would most likely be one of the more very scary type of houses like Rob Zombie’s House of 1000 Corpses like last year. I would like to see the crypt keeper. That would be awesome and unsettling which is exactly my thing lol

7) Scream house: I think this could possibly come to this year's event too and would be an okay house. It reminds me of Blumhouse’s Happy Death Day. There’s a killer in a costume and mask with a knife running after you. It already has that similar vibe but the scream costume is something that would put me slightly more on edge rather than the cute little baby face mask of the Happy Death Day killer lol I feel the scare actors would really have to sell themselves in this house to make it a much better experience, which of course all scare actors should always try to do that. But there have been some houses prior where the scenery alone made the house great even though the scares were lacking, but in a house like this it doesn’t seem the scenery would do well by itself. The scare actors would really have to go hard. In my opinion, it’s hit or miss with this one.

8) The Purge: this one is complicated for me. I don’t necessarily hate it but I wouldn’t want it at this year’s event…or perhaps any other event again lol I feel in between about it. I will just leave it at this…if it comes to the event this year in a scarezone or house then so be it. If not, then also so be it. It is what it is then. All I can do is shrug my shoulders with this one. lol

9) The Conjuring/The Nun: I feel these would be perfect to bring to the event but not as separate properties rather mashed together in one house. It would be like a sensory overload where you get it all in one. However, I don’t doubt these could still be great houses separately if universal wants to take that route instead. The Nun is what actually stands out to me the most. I have no doubt Universal would knock this out the ball park with the scenery and attention to detail. I could just see it now. You have the entrance of the house that looks like the big church, church bells sounding, the priests, the other practicing nuns and then the darkness where The Nun is waiting to pounce on us guests.
On the other hand, if one of these weren’t going to be at this year’s event I would bet on The Conjuring winning a spot in this year’s lineup. But I would be happy with either if one of these come to the event.

10) Haunting on Hill House: I can definitely see this possibly coming to this year’s event easily. It’s very popular. It reminds me of The Conjuring because the ghost aspects. I feel it fits HHN essence.

11) IT: I can also see this possibly coming to this year's event too. I know there were people who didn’t like the new IT which I don’t blame them. I prefer the original anyway. But I feel this is one of those movies where it's kind of…I don’t want to say “household name” but rather it’s still very popular to where it can attract large crowds, which means more money for Universal. As well as, a lot can be done with the scenery. Imagine walking through a dark creepy sewage hearing “you’ll float too” and pennywise comes like a bat out of hell out of nowhere. Generally speaking, clowns frighten a lot of people. I have no doubt Universal can play on that fear very well with pennywise. I just hope WB allows Universal the rights for their property this year. I feel Universal could do this movie justice. I know IT is well known and doesn’t really need help with exposure as much as per say The Nun but exposure is exposure. In my opinion, it can’t hurt WB to work with Universal. I feel they should at least try once. Hopefully IT makes an appearance this year but if not hopefully next year then.

12) Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: I feel there's a possibility this could be at this year’s event too. Spoilers ahead just in case if you have not seen the movie yet. The monsters in this movie would make for great scares, especially that crooked man or whatever he’s called. His body looked weird. Don’t get me started on the monster with the toe issue lol but the one that did it most for me was that gigantic pale monster in the hospital that the boy was trying to run from. Imagine being in that scene where you are walking down a small hospital hallway with doors on each side and the pale monsters coming out of nowhere. Creepy and scary. I feel this house could transition well from scene to scene. It really does seem like it would be the whole package. A lot could be done with it. I would be all for this house if it were chosen to come to this year’s event.

13) Beetlejuice: I think there’s a possibility this could also be at this year’s event. Maybe it will take the place of Ghostbusters as the "not so scary type of house". When I first heard this speculation, I didn’t really know what to think. I didn’t object but I certainly didn’t feel anything for it. It could have potential though. It does seem like it could be a great fun house if done well.

So far I like a good majority of these houses listed that have been speculated on this thread. In my opinion, this year has great potential to be one of HHN's strongest years. Feel free to let me know what you think of any of my thoughts and opinions.

I really enjoy how one of my clues isn’t really getting considered in the popular spec mix.

You mean Dr. Who? You kind of intimated that it was a "false rumor" in an effort by Uni to ferret out leakers.

If you're talking about one of your other clues, would love for you to point out which so I can take another crack at it :)

Last edited:
So is there a reason nobody is speculating haunting of hill house as much as they last year? Stranger things is gone and hill house is a great horror series that could make a amazing house and it’s a Netflix thing so I’m confused why we don’t see much on it. Also between BBC Dracula and Morbius coming later this year it seems vampires might become popular again and I would love a solo Dracula house or just a house focused solely on vampires!!!

So is there a reason nobody is speculating haunting of hill house as much as they last year? Stranger things is gone and hill house is a great horror series that could make a amazing house and it’s a Netflix thing so I’m confused why we don’t see much on it. Also between BBC Dracula and Morbius coming later this year it seems vampires might become popular again and I would love a solo Dracula house or just a house focused solely on vampires!!!

Easy - because it hasn’t been rumored, and therefore speculated.

1) Stranger Things: I actually hope this doesn’t come to the event this year. I was never fond of the show or the house at HHN. I feel half of this maybe because I got tired of hearing about it so much to where it felt too over hyped. Unfortunately, I think there maybe a chance Universal brings it back this year to get more crowds which would be more money for them. Plus, if there are other popular IP’s at the event that can possibly bring in even more crowds. I just wish the show was better in my opinion. I know people who are big fans of the show and went to HHN and said it was their least favorite house. I just really don’t like it. Hopefully if it is brought back this year Universal makes it better somehow this time around.

2) The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: I saw this mentioned. I don’t really think it will be at this year’s event (would be surprised if it was) but I do feel there’s a high possibility of it coming to the event in the future. It strikes me as it wouldn’t really be such a scary house rather more of a beautiful house. Of course there are some elements that could make people jump like the devil himself showing up, other weird costumes, statues and god knows what else lol The show is very peculiar but I have no doubt Universal would be up for the challenge. This house would be cool to see. Something very unique that may certainly catch people’s attention.

3) Jordan Peele’s Candyman: I could totally see this coming to the event this year, especially since Peele has a contract with Universal ever since last year’s Us. It would make sense for it to be at the event this year. I don’t object to having it but I feel it is one of those things where it will be a hit or a miss. I think it can have the potential to be scary though. It would be interesting to see what Universal and Peele come up with.

4) Hellraiser: I remember seeing this when I was younger but recently couldn’t quite remember what happened. The only thing I remembered was that bald pale guy with all those pointy nails or whatever coming out his face lol I had to google the movie’s plot and images but nothing still came to mind even after that. It must have not been a movie I really enjoyed because it didn’t stick with me because normally I have good memory about movies and what took place even if I saw it way in the past. But based from the movie's plot and imagery I feel it could have great potential as a house. It could be very scary if done properly by Universal (which I don’t doubt they could accomplish). The set designs and costumes would be absolutely crazy. It would be cool. A very strong house if put together well.

5) The Thing: I also think there’s a possibility this could be at the event this year too. It may be similar to the Yeti house like last year with the cold and snowy environment but then aliens coming at you. I absolutely loved this movie growing up. LOVED IT. It's a classic in my opinion. I have no doubt if this comes to the event this year it would easily be one of my favorites. This movie was terrifying to me back then. I even enjoyed the remake too, although the original was my most favorite.

6) Creepshow: I wouldn’t be surprised if this house came to Orlando this year too. It was very well received last year at HHN Hollywood. It would be interesting to see what Orlando’s version would be. The house was terrifying in Hollywood so I can only imagine what Orlando would have in store for us if they decided to go through with this house. It would most likely be one of the more very scary type of houses like Rob Zombie’s House of 1000 Corpses like last year. I would like to see the crypt keeper. That would be awesome and unsettling which is exactly my thing lol

7) Scream house: I think this could possibly come to this year's event too and would be an okay house. It reminds me of Blumhouse’s Happy Death Day. There’s a killer in a costume and mask with a knife running after you. It already has that similar vibe but the scream costume is something that would put me slightly more on edge rather than the cute little baby face mask of the Happy Death Day killer lol I feel the scare actors would really have to sell themselves in this house to make it a much better experience, which of course all scare actors should always try to do that. But there have been some houses prior where the scenery alone made the house great even though the scares were lacking, but in a house like this it doesn’t seem the scenery would do well by itself. The scare actors would really have to go hard. In my opinion, it’s hit or miss with this one.

8) The Purge: this one is complicated for me. I don’t necessarily hate it but I wouldn’t want it at this year’s event…or perhaps any other event again lol I feel in between about it. I will just leave it at this…if it comes to the event this year in a scarezone or house then so be it. If not, then also so be it. It is what it is then. All I can do is shrug my shoulders with this one. lol

9) The Conjuring/The Nun: I feel these would be perfect to bring to the event but not as separate properties rather mashed together in one house. It would be like a sensory overload where you get it all in one. However, I don’t doubt these could still be great houses separately if universal wants to take that route instead. The Nun is what actually stands out to me the most. I have no doubt Universal would knock this out the ball park with the scenery and attention to detail. I could just see it now. You have the entrance of the house that looks like the big church, church bells sounding, the priests, the other practicing nuns and then the darkness where The Nun is waiting to pounce on us guests.
On the other hand, if one of these weren’t going to be at this year’s event I would bet on The Conjuring winning a spot in this year’s lineup. But I would be happy with either if one of these come to the event.

10) Haunting on Hill House: I can definitely see this possibly coming to this year’s event easily. It’s very popular. It reminds me of The Conjuring because the ghost aspects. I feel it fits HHN essence.

My take on these - just how I view their viability:

1) Stranger Things: Not coming. Didn't grade out well this year, and the next season won't drop until after HHN. Almost 0% it's back.

2) The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Haven't heard this one, but not sure they'd pay for a WB IP that isn't insanely popular - especially since they are likely to limit their IPs this year.

3) Jordan Peele’s Candyman: Almost certainly coming. We all kind of know this already + 2 of Legacy's clues could lead to it.

4) Hellraiser: Would be my #1 "wish", but I highly doubt it's coming. They've made comments that the rights are insanely difficult to get. Highly doubt it's coming.

5) The Thing: Has a much better chance than Hellraiser because it's a Universal Pictures property. And, the fact that it's an anniversary year, there's a chance they do a "repeat" house. But I'm still dubious it makes an appearance.

6) Creepshow: Good chance of this since it apparently went over okay at Hollywood.

7) Scream house: I wish. That ship has likely sailed.

8) The Purge: I think there's a good chance it reappears as a scare zone despite comments made that HHN was done with The Purge. Writer has said this is absolutely the final one and will tie up everything, so I can see HHN reconsidering since last year's scarezones were mediocre and The Purge is strong as a scarezone.

9) The Conjuring/The Nun: I think with HMH essentially shelved, WB might be open to discussing leasing an IP to HHN. And, I think if HHN is going to go down that road it is likely for one "headliner" type of property. This would fit the bill. But lots of hurdles to make it happen.

10) Haunting on Hill House: One of Legacy's clues led me to this. Not sure how viable it actually is since it's a Paramount property - but maybe. Could also just be one of those "leak rumors" Legacy was talking about.

11) IT: Would fall along the same line as Conjuring. Headliner WB property type. Feels like Conjuring would be a better bet since both a new Conjuring and new Nun movie coming out this year whereas It is finished and Chapter 2 wasn't as well received.

12) Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Loved this film and think it would make a fantastic house. And they've obviously worked with Lionsgate recently. I could see this potentially happening, though I haven't heard any rumors to that effect.

13) Beetlejuice: Seems to get rumored every year. I think, with the low grades on Ghostbusters and the desire to get back to "scary", it's a little unlikely imo that it makes it to HHN 30.

You mean Dr. Who? You kind of intimated that it was a "false rumor" in an effort by Uni to ferret out leakers.

If you're talking about one of your other clues, would love for you to point out which so I can take another crack at it :)
No, not Doctor Who. I’ve explained that one and still believe the rumor was leak control.

There are still three clues that haven’t been “completed.” Two are for potential houses.

Last edited:
My guess(with good cause) at the clues.

1. Terra Queen- Clue remains me of Nightingales from last year which had her shield outside the house also goes with her prophecy at HHN15.
2. Conjuring- With HMH gone a WB IP seems likely also Conjuring is highly rumored.
3. Candyman- With Us last year it just seems like a JP IP is for sure.
These clues are far more difficult than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.