Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do rumors start getting a bit more...well, solid in February?
Depends on the rumor. I’ve heard at least a dozen rumors already. A few, I’m extremely confident are happening. A few, I’m confident are not.

I still plan on doing clues for any rumor I can source, regardless of validity. I just moved halfway across the country to a new assignment, and the three clues I have given haven’t been solved (or, if the guess is correct, MY solution hasn’t been solved).So there hasn’t been a “reason” to give more clues.

I’ll provide some help, though. Like the Doctor Who clue, date and location matters for the rumored houses. The rumor that isn’t has related had guesses with the right idea, but which didn’t branch far enough.

They were probably gun shy about another one after the horrible Alice Cooper house way back when. The Rob Zombie scare zone was one of my favorites ever, and while I don't care for his movies, the House of 1,000 Corpses was one of my favorites last year.

I hope for more Zones like this as I think that is where it works best as you just have have the music blasting all night long and not playing over other songs by the artist in the houses were you hear snippits of 7 songs for 25 seconds each. The party aspect of the zone worked so well that I hope it's a new tradition to have one artist every year.

I'd love for a Marilyn Manson one where you have a Manson look alike on stage (just needs to be a skinny dude, the rest is all makeup and a contact lens) performing a concert (aka lipsyncing songs) and have some story like his music opened a portal to hell or something and have beasts roaming about who massacred the audience. The stage performance is a great distraction for scares. Have a "plant" that stands in the crowd who is periodically taken, literally kicking and screaming, by the beasts. And I'm sure the beasts would spare a few scantily clad women and shirtless beefcakes to dance for their entertainment ;-)
Had me at shirtless beefcakes.

No, not Doctor Who. I’ve explained that one and still believe the rumor was leak control.

There are still three clues that haven’t been “completed.” Two are for potential houses.

Ah, well I gave my guesses on those (some multiple) - Conjuring/Nun, Candyman, AHS, Alien Invasion SZ sequel, House on Haunted Hill

I know you said you won't reveal answers for a while. Can you at least let me know if I'm somewhat on the right path with any of them? I can repost my sleuthing if you want so you don't have to go searching for them.

Last edited:
Ah, well I gave my guesses on those (some multiple) - Conjuring/Nun, Candyman, AHS, Alien Invasion SZ sequel, House on Haunted Hill

I know you said you won't reveal answers for a while. Can you at least let me know if I'm somewhat on the right path with any of them? I can repost my sleuthing if you want so you don't have to go searching for them.
Yeah, repost it.

Yeah, repost it.

Okay - I think the best way to do this without cluttering up everything is to post links to the specific post for each guess. If this isn't sufficient please let me know, I just don't want to gunk up the whole board.

CLUE #1 (Coat of Arms)
* Conjuring/Nun guess: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread
* Candyman (through Bloody Mary) guess: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread

CLUE #3 (Dinah Hayley painting)
* Initially American Horry Story guess. Then edited to possible Alien Invasion! type scarezone in same post: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread

CLUE #4 (Sane Abandoned Firetruck)
* The Haunting of Hill House guess: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread
* Halloween 5 guess after a guess from JMalez: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread

If it's too tough to follow the links, please let me know and I'll post them in full. My first time trying to post multiple links tied to 1 post, so we'll see how it goes ;P

Okay - I think the best way to do this without cluttering up everything is to post links to the specific post for each guess. If this isn't sufficient please let me know, I just don't want to gunk up the whole board.

CLUE #1 (Coat of Arms)
* Conjuring/Nun guess: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread
* Candyman (through Bloody Mary) guess: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread

CLUE #3 (Dinah Hayley painting)
* Initially American Horry Story guess. Then edited to possible Alien Invasion! type scarezone in same post: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread

CLUE #4 (Sane Abandoned Firetruck)
* The Haunting of Hill House guess: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread
* Halloween 5 guess after a guess from JMalez: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread

If it's too tough to follow the links, please let me know and I'll post them in full. My first time trying to post multiple links tied to 1 post, so we'll see how it goes ;P
Clue #1 - Your first guess correctly identifies the coat of arms, which will point you in the right direction. This is for a house (which I’ve provided a hint for already).

Clue #2 - Look beyond the immediate. This actually has fewer steps to a solution than the other ones.

Clue #3 - You almost have one of the two things that matter.

Now, here’s a wrinkle for this year - I don’t intend to acknowledge guesses that don’t “show their work.” And, like any math teacher, if the steps are wrong and the answer is correct, you’re not getting full credit.

The one from Zelda or the fountain that used to be outside Beetleguise's Graveyard Revue?

I’ll take a quick swing on #4.

The Sane Abandoned (the band in the picture) are from Chicago, and it was implied that figuring they were from Chicago was a step in the right direction.

The band has two members: Gary and Charlie.

Candyman was mentioned in conjunction with this clue, because of the Chicago connection. BUT! There is another famous horror connection to Chicago...one also named Charlie...or Charles...or Chucky, who you could say was abandoned by sanity.

The Sane Abandoned (the band in the picture) are from Chicago, and it was implied that figuring they were from Chicago was a step in the right direction.

Candyman was mentioned in conjunction with this clue, because of the Chicago connection. BUT! There is another famous horror connection to Chicago...one also named Charlie...or Charles...or Chucky, who you could say was abandoned by sanity.

Yeah, this seems very plausible. Good answer.

Clue #3 - You almost have one of the two things that matter.

If Chucky/Child's Play isn't the answer, I have a full tilt dive. I mentioned the name of the song "Kate", which got me going towards Haunting of Hill House. If the name of one of their songs is "almost having one of the two things that matter", then looking at their song list, another that sticks out is called "Healing Dream Feelings". The word "dream" could be a reference to A Nightmare on Elm Street, which is directed by Wes Craven who went to college at Wheaton which is located in Illinois.

You’re actually on the right track. I asked the question of who they were to see if I could make a connection with an IP I’ve been hearing about. You actually figured it out for me, it was Chucky. I wanted to see if any of the clues Legacy gave out had a connection with Chucky.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chucky came to this year's event either. Back during 2018 Chucky's scarezone was well received. When HHN29 was coming around I thought Chucky would make an appearance at that event since the scarezone did well in 2018. However, of course HHN29 rolled around but no Chucky. But in my mind I was still thinking there could possibly be a chance Chucky returns for a house in the future. I felt the scarezone was awesome. There were great costumes/characters. I can imagine seeing this in a house. I would really enjoy that. I feel if a house is done for Chucky it would be very scary. I think Universal would knock that house out the ball park.

As for Nightmare on Elm street I think this was already mentioned on here or maybe that was somewhere else I read online about HHN30.

I remember seeing something about Freddy and Jason for this year's event.
I guess it could possibly come to this year's event. I wouldn't object to these two if they came to the event but if I had to choose I would rather see Freddy since I watched that a lot more growing up. But either way I think if Universal brings these to the event this year they will do a great job with it.

Edit: Freddy and Jason was mentioned at the beginning of this speculation thread but I do not think I saw anything posted that were possible hints/clues for this at that time.

Plus, I also think I saw Chucky mentioned somewhere on here prior because I remember thinking "oh yeah that is right Chucky could possibly come to the event" which is when I remembered how I felt about the Chucky scarezone in 2018.
But I also do not recall any possible hints/clues at that time for this too.

It is a good thing it was reintroduced this time as a possible answer to a clue.

Last edited:
Sorry, tried editing this into my last post, but it won't let me "Insert Quotes" for some reason (maybe you can't Insert Quotes on an Edit). So this is a thought on that first clue:

Clue #1 - Your first guess correctly identifies the coat of arms, which will point you in the right direction. This is for a house (which I’ve provided a hint for already).

The coat of arms is for that of Francis Patrick Keough
Francis Patrick Keough was born in Connecticut
One of the more famous horror franchises set in Connecticut is Friday the 13th
Freddy vs Jason made an appearance at the last HHN anniversary (25)
So my guess in this scenario would be something involving Jason Voorhees

So this probably means very little, but still interesting with Universal/WB working together. Will have to see if WB brings back their haunt this year. If not, would think IT will have a good chance.

Yeah, this seems very plausible. Good answer.

If Chucky/Child's Play isn't the answer, I have a full tilt dive. I mentioned the name of the song "Kate", which got me going towards Haunting of Hill House. If the name of one of their songs is "almost having one of the two things that matter", then looking at their song list, another that sticks out is called "Healing Dream Feelings". The word "dream" could be a reference to A Nightmare on Elm Street, which is directed by Wes Craven who went to college at Wheaton which is located in Illinois.
I think A Nightmare on Elm Street is a good guess. In one of the scenes in Depths of Fear, one of the corpses hanging from the ceiling was supposedly Freddy Krueger so that could be a fair bit of foreshadowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.