Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While normally I agree with legacy this time I simply do not. The conjuring is easily one of the biggest horror franchises of the past few years with some even considering the nun a new horror icon. Every movie in the series made way past their budget (not saying much since horror movies are usually pretty cheap to make) and critically acclaimed doesn’t really mean much with horror nights (look at killer klowns and house of 1000). I feel like it would have been perfect to have a few years ago but it’s no way at all outdated already.

I'd also say the conjuring universe films tend to stir up quite a bit of social media buzz, that's nothing but a positive for HHN.

Okay here we go:

1 - This is an image among many others that are prevalent in something called Toilet Paper Magazine - "toilet paper" is the key here.

2 - In 2009, Horror writer Koji Suzuki teamed up with a Japanese paper manufacturer to have his latest novella published on toilet paper (here is the link to that story: Japanese publisher prints horror novel on toilet roll).

3 - While that particular story is called "Drop", Suzuki has written numerous horror novels - most notably, he has written all of The Ring novels.

4 - The Ring is a Dreamworks film; according to Wikipedia: As of October 2016, DreamWorks' films are marketed and distributed by Universal Pictures. Currently, DreamWorks operates out of offices at Universal Studios. So, in my opinion, that means a marriage could be made for the rights.

5 - If @Legacy used "Toilet Paper" as a clue to get to a wonderful IP like The Ring, that's pretty epic tbh!

See, I was just gonna agree with cereal killer but now I feel dumb lol

Only this thread would question if The Conjuring is still a relevant IP and then suggest Tourist Trap as a house within 10 posts of each other. :lol:

To be fair, I did mention that it was probably too obscure...and I never doubted how socially relevant The Conjuring is.

I think if they do all the Conjuring Universe films, they should do it in the style of how they did the first Horrors Of Blumhouse with the last part of the house for the new film and maybe one more extra room and being scared about the monsters from each film on your way to exiting the house, I think it would come out as a decent but definitely would need to change scenery and not use the MIB Tent, maybe place it where Depths was last year and it would probably be suited better and have a way of em to use an awesome facade alike to how they did with Insidious.

I'd say for Tourist Trap, we've probably have had houses that sorta take reference and go about their own direction with this style, ie; Carnival Graveyard also Dollhouse Of The Damned from 24, take out museum and replace it with a junkyard and replace the mannequins and add evil carnies, and wallah, although the movie is good, I just feel like Universal would look at the idea and go original and take a different direction with it.

Last edited:
I really thought my most recent clue would be easy. The image came up in literally the first article I found when searching for a clue...

So looking into the image, it led me to an article comparing Billie Eilish's music video for Bad Guy, and how it uses a lot of imagery and vignettes inspired (or ripped off) from Toiletpaper Magazine...idk, I feel like that is treading on the same territory we just covered, though...

CLUE!

New rumor is too juicy not provide a clue for.

View attachment 11482
I really thought my most recent clue would be easy. The image came up in literally the first article I found when searching for a clue...
This might be looking to deep into it but if you look at his shirt in the picture it has Egyptian Writing on it maybe something that has to do with that? Or maybe it is “The Ring”.

Last edited:
Thought I’d throw my hat into the ring since there’s a couple ways to approach this clue.

I don’t think it’s The Ring since we’re likely to only 2-3 other IPs besides the obvious one(Candyman), and idk if Ring could fit in if the list is that limited. That said, here’s the way I took the clue:

1. The picture is from an article about Toilet Paper Magazine, which is owned by Maurizio Cattelan.

2. This same article mentions The Nona Ora, a famous sculpture by him.

3. The Nona Ora is about the Pope getting crushed by a meteorite.

*jump in logic*
4. Creepshow. Makes sense after Hollywood’s last year and the meteorite ties into The Lonesome Death segment.

However, Legacy did say this is a juicy rumor and Creepshow has already been brought up so it very well could be something else.

So... I’ll state this plainly (since it keeps getting ignored in general).

My clues for Orlando house rumors this year will focus on some date/location combination. IE - some combination of date/location will relate to the clue.

If you really can’t figure out a date/location for the clue, then it’s probably not a house clue.

Not every clue I’ve given is related to a house...

So... I’ll state this plainly (since it keeps getting ignored in general).

My clues for Orlando house rumors this year will focus on some date/location combination. IE - some combination of date/location will relate to the clue.

If you really can’t figure out a date/location for the clue, then it’s probably not a house clue.

Not every clue I’ve given is related to a house...
The article about Totlietpaper and the picture was published in 2011 which made me look up “2011 horror”. A lot of horror movies came up but two caught my eye “Scream 4” and “The Thing”.

Never seen The Conjuring. Any good?

Never even heard of it. I think it’s that movie from The Asylum with the snakes though

*Being serious though it’s really good. Top 3 of the 2010s for me and everything about it works. Sequel is good too but a little long. Conjuring is tailor made for HHN though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.