The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guess! Do you think it's also possible there could be 11 houses for this year's event? I remember someone saying on their RIP tour for HHN29 their tour guide said something very peculiar. Something along the lines of "it's going to be one of the 11 houses we have for next year" (which would be this year 2020). This user said they quickly caught that and made a mental note of it. Maybe Universal will have 11 houses this year as a nice surprise for us guests since it's the anniversary. What do you think?:)
I'm not sure if it's time just yet for an 11th house. I fear it would be on the cheap, but I could be wrong

I’m curious what the potential 3rd IP could be. My bet right now is something UCM related but I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s something else. Doubtful for this year but I can’t wait for the day Dead By Daylight comes to HHN.

Anyways back to spec: I think Legacy’s clue is for an IP show. It’s too early for the originals to leak but something like this being considered “juicy” makes it seem pretty relevant. Zones also don’t seem right since those don’t leak pretty early

I’m curious what the potential 3rd IP could be. My bet right now is something UCM related but I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s something else. Doubtful for this year but I can’t wait for the day Dead By Daylight comes to HHN.

H5 would be an easy one.

Last edited:
Great guess! Do you think it's also possible there could be 11 houses for this year's event? I remember someone saying on their RIP tour for HHN29 their tour guide said something very peculiar. Something along the lines of "it's going to be one of the 11 houses we have for next year" (which would be this year 2020). This user said they quickly caught that and made a mental note of it. Maybe Universal will have 11 houses this year as a nice surprise for us guests since it's the anniversary. What do you think?:)
I remember that post. Man, I don't know if I could get through 11 houses in one night even with the express pass. We usually buy the one that starts at 10:00.

My guess--and it's just a guess--is that any budget for a proposed 11th house went to a new B&T show when that suddenly became an option again.

I’m curious what the potential 3rd IP could be. My bet right now is something UCM related but I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s something else.

We still have the unofficial slot for an "IP corporate told us to promote" house to fill, I suspect it might be that. I think Joe's careful wording of what an IP is means he considers a potential UCM house to be original, as the HHN team basically have free reign, but he can correct me if I'm wrong.

we haven’t hit the 90s nostalgia wave just yet.

The 90s never really went away, so the iconography isn't instantly recognizable like the four decades that preceded it. Unlike Vamp 55 or 85 (or a hypothetical 65 or 75), Vamp 95 would have to try awfully hard to be anything other than "Generic Modern Vampire Zone."

Plus lots of horror films, and shows were very huge in the 90s. You have Candyman, Silence of the Lambs, Misery, Scream, Cape Fear, The People Under the Stairs, Village of the Dammed, The Craft, I know what you did last summer, The Faculty, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Tales of the Crypt, Urban Legend, and From Dusk till Dawn.

If we're on the spec of 7 originals and 3 IPs, the 3 IPs would need to be big. Conjuring definitely fits this bill, as well as Candyman (assuming the reboot is successful). Being that it seems Horror Made Here is effectively dead, a big one like IT or Gremlins would be great to see. However, I remember the spec for Thirteen Ghosts at the end of HHN29, which would definitely make an interesting house.

UCM is technically an "IP", but I could see them classifying it as original and bringing it back.

I remember that post. Man, I don't know if I could get through 11 houses in one night even with the express pass. We usually buy the one that starts

If you were able to get through 10 houses last year in one night one more possible house this year can't hurt lol Do you normally go for more than one night because if so perhaps you could take your time to see all the houses but just not within one night. Unless you still like to try to see all the houses in one night?

If you were able to get through 10 houses last year in one night one more possible house this year can't hurt lol Do you normally go for more than one night because if so perhaps you could take your time to see all the houses but just not within one night. Unless you still like to try to see all the houses in one night?
We only go for one night in October. We have kiddos and my parents will only watch them for 1 night since one is young and doesnt sleep through the night. I did do a R.I.P tour last year and it spoiled me. It will be hard to go back to the usual 10 pm express pass.
If we do get 11 houses I see us getting at least 4 IPs. I will say I would like quality houses vs quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.