Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guess! Do you think it's also possible there could be 11 houses for this year's event? I remember someone saying on their RIP tour for HHN29 their tour guide said something very peculiar. Something along the lines of "it's going to be one of the 11 houses we have for next year" (which would be this year 2020). This user said they quickly caught that and made a mental note of it. Maybe Universal will have 11 houses this year as a nice surprise for us guests since it's the anniversary. What do you think?:)

I’m only speculating. Don’t take my word as gospel. Already seeing a lot of people assume in this thread.

If we're on the spec of 7 originals and 3 IPs, the 3 IPs would need to be big. Conjuring definitely fits this bill, as well as Candyman (assuming the reboot is successful). Being that it seems Horror Made Here is effectively dead, a big one like IT or Gremlins would be great to see. However, I remember the spec for Thirteen Ghosts at the end of HHN29, which would definitely make an interesting house.

UCM is technically an "IP", but I could see them classifying it as original and bringing it back.
There’s no Warner Bros studio or theme park in Orlando.

If you were able to get through 10 houses last year in one night one more possible house this year can't hurt lol Do you normally go for more than one night because if so perhaps you could take your time to see all the houses but just not within one night. Unless you still like to try to see all the houses in one night?

We only go for one night in October. We have kiddos and my parents will only watch them for 1 night since one is young and doesnt sleep through the night. I did do a R.I.P tour last year and it spoiled me. It will be hard to go back to the usual 10 pm express pass.
If we do get 11 houses I see us getting at least 4 IPs. I will say I would like quality houses vs quantity.

I hope you can somehow get in all the houses for this year and really enjoy yourself as much as you can. Hopefully in the future you will be able to go to HHN for more than one night.

And yes I agree even if there's just 10 houses the quality will stand out itself and make for an enjoyable experience.

I kinda disagree there. Look at all the 90's revival shows/movies coming out now. 1990 was 30 years ago lol.

There's more to the cultural zeitgeist besides shows/movies, so I wouldn't necessarily use it as the sole measuring stick. If that was the case, we'd be in a 00s wave with all those TV reboots, too (Veronica Mars, Arrested Development). The 80s and 90s almost blend together (at least early 90s), IMO. The 80s wave is still hanging around, but definitely on the decline. Once we start seeing grunge looks, JNCO jeans, and bright neon colors t-shirts with overalls become the norm - then I'd consider it the 90s wave.

I think @SeventyOne hit it right on the head, though.

The bottom line is I wouldn't expect HHN to feature the 90s until it becomes the IT thing.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this means anything but last year during my unmasking the horror tour my guide said they usaually do a 6 month time frame for HHN but this year with it being HHN30 it’s a 12 month time frame.

HHN is a year around planning. You don’t get announcements for original houses in March if you’re starting planning in March.

HHN is a year around planning. You don’t get announcements for original houses in March if you’re starting planning in March.
I’m not saying we will get any announcements earlier just saying we might get leaks earlier then past years.

Okay...I know I'm not exactly the most helpful but let me try this out.
Legacy seemed to strongly hint that this was a scarezone, not a maze. I have strong doubts that Scream will be a scarezone since I don't think that'd look good.
So I did a reverse image search and what came up was "Photography Toilet Paper Magazine". Year was possibly 2011, by the banana dude, and includes cereal and some white milk (cant see a brand on the bottle).
Interestingly enough, Billy Eilish had a music video with a very similar image of her pouring milk into a man's mouth.
So...
Significant Movies from 2011: Final Destination 5, The Thing (Prequel), You're Next, Grave Encounters, and Scream 4.
and then maybe Billy E. has something to do with it? The music video is called "Bad Guy" and also includes pigeons standing on someone.
So...I think Billy E. might actually have something to do with it....

Can we please make a separate thread or sticky for the clues? So we don’t have to go digging through 78 pages of forum?

We're in a tricky spot here, as the clues are technically part of the speculation. BUT, I also get that a lot of users just want to see straight-forward answers and want to stay clear of that. The easy answer is to make a separate thread, but that would essentially be creating 2 speculation threads and there's a good chance they would alternate turns as the dominating thread depending on the course of discussion and news.

So if we get only 3 IPs, does this mean 2 big IPs and one cult IP, or 3 big IPs? I mean it's just speculation at this point so curious as to what others think.

We're in a tricky spot here, as the clues are technically part of the speculation. BUT, I also get that a lot of users just want to see straight-forward answers and want to stay clear of that. The easy answer is to make a separate thread, but that would essentially be creating 2 speculation threads and there's a good chance they would alternate turns as the dominating thread depending on the course of discussion and news.

Is it possible to lock a thread so that everyone can view, but only one (or a select few) can post?

That way the "clue" thread would be clean enough that anyone could view and easily find what everyone is referencing, and the actual discussion could all be handled in the usual thread.

Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.