The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Significant Movies from 2011: Final Destination 5, The Thing (Prequel), You're Next, Grave
I looked at movies from 2011 and the biggest one that caught my eye is Cabin in the Woods. I think that could provide an interesting zone.

What led us to assume a 3 IP/7 Original split? Is that random spec or were we nudged in that direction?
I think it all stemmed from a large speculative post from someone a few pages ago.

There's more to the cultural zeitgeist besides shows/movies, so I wouldn't necessarily use it as the sole measuring stick. If that was the case, we'd be in a 00s wave with all those TV reboots, too (Veronica Mars, Arrested Development). The 80s and 90s almost blend together (at least early 90s), IMO. The 80s wave is still hanging around, but definitely on the decline. Once we start seeing grunge looks, JNCO jeans, and bright neon colors t-shirts with overalls become the norm - then I'd consider it the 90s wave.

I think @SeventyOne hit it right on the head, though.

The bottom line is I wouldn't expect HHN to feature the 90s until it becomes the IT thing.
Goosebumps house confirmed

So, with regards to a “Legacy’s Clues” thread:

While I am willing to manage a thread that only I could post in (strictly for the clues and answers, nothing else), I am not a moderator or formally associated with Inside Universal, or any other board. Separating my clues from general spec, intentionally or not, sets a precedent for both myself and IU as some sort of official partnership. That’s not really something that’s ever really interested me (at least, not since 2004). It also alters IU a bit, in establishing a stance on the trafficking of rumors. If they want to do that, cool. If they want ME to serve as a “Jim Hill” of sorts, I would try to make it work (no promises though, I’m busy).

Most importantly, though, it changes how Universal views IU (and me). Universal, as I understand it, view me with a bit of side eye. I get enough right to be a nuisance, but don’t share enough to be a problem. Most importantly, I’m just a fan with no official platform. A thread is a platform, and IU would become its host. That’s not something I will ask IU to do.

I wonder how they would differentiate it enough so that it doesn't look like generic monsters

It's honestly the crux of the film, a critique on how horror has become generic
That'd probably be the biggest downside of it. Although it'd be interesting to see all the different creatures/killers spread throughout the zone.

So, with regards to a “Legacy’s Clues” thread:

While I am willing to manage a thread that only I could post in (strictly for the clues and answers, nothing else), I am not a moderator or formally associated with Inside Universal, or any other board. Separating my clues from general spec, intentionally or not, sets a precedent for both myself and IU as some sort of official partnership. That’s not really something that’s ever really interested me (at least, not since 2004). It also alters IU a bit, in establishing a stance on the trafficking of rumors. If they want to do that, cool. If they want ME to serve as a “Jim Hill” of sorts, I would try to make it work (no promises though, I’m busy).

An alternative might be to have someone make a google doc (either yourself or someone else) that gets updated and people can bookmark if interested?

That gives a consolidated reference that we can refer to without having to have IU (un)officially endorse the leaks/spec

Reactions: Kadath
I'm seeing a pattern here that I want to mention. So I know that recently we haven't had actual "themes" thrown in our face, but there have been undercurrents of overarching subject matter - for instance, last year was tilted heavily to the '80s. I'm getting the sense with Legacy's clues as well as certain tweets that the "theme" of this year will be the "Supernatural". Take for instance the official Orlando Horror Nights Twitter account: Halloween Horror Nights (@HorrorNightsORL) | Twitter

If you go tweet by tweet, there is a very common subject matter here:

Today: Ouija Board
Yesterday: Cursed Photo
Monday: Demon
Sunday: Twisted Tater (food related, doesn't really fit into my theory)
Saturday: Nightmarish realm of fear and darkness
Friday: Demon
Also Friday: Demon

This may, of course, all be coincidence. But if we're speculating correctly, the 2 IPs that we feel pretty strongly might be making an appearance (Candyman and Conjuring Universe) are heavily supernatural-based - and the tweets coming from the official account are along the same lines. Just thought it was interesting and worth putting out there as a possible tilt to HHN 30.

Reactions: Andromeda
I'm seeing a pattern here that I want to mention. So I know that recently we haven't had actual "themes" thrown in our face, but there have been undercurrents of overarching subject matter - for instance, last year was tilted heavily to the '80s. I'm getting the sense with Legacy's clues as well as certain tweets that the "theme" of this year will be the "Supernatural". Take for instance the official Orlando Horror Nights Twitter account: Halloween Horror Nights (@HorrorNightsORL) | Twitter

If you go tweet by tweet, there is a very common subject matter here:

Today: Ouija Board
Yesterday: Cursed Photo
Monday: Demon
Sunday: Twisted Tater (food related, doesn't really fit into my theory)
Saturday: Nightmarish realm of fear and darkness
Friday: Demon
Also Friday: Demon

This may, of course, all be coincidence. But if we're speculating correctly, the 2 IPs that we feel pretty strongly might be making an appearance (Candyman and Conjuring Universe) are heavily supernatural-based - and the tweets coming from the official account are along the same lines. Just thought it was interesting and worth putting out there as a possible tilt to HHN 30.
Or they tweet that since it’s a HHN page. Last year they tweeted about “sleep paralyzing demons”, “summoning circles”, etc.

An alternative might be to have someone make a google doc (either yourself or someone else) that gets updated and people can bookmark if interested?

That gives a consolidated reference that we can refer to without having to have IU (un)officially endorse the leaks/spec
I think making a Google Doc would be a good idea. Then it still falls under Legacy not being a “spokesperson” for IU and makes it more “fan-made”.

Other than general guessing, is there any reason for us to speculate that it would be a 3/7 IP/Original split, or anything other than 5/5 or even 6/4?

HHN is all about marketing, and while they may want to do more originals for the hardcore fans they'll still want to draw in the general population. Unless.. they think the 30th Anniversary itself will be enough of a marketing draw?

Reactions: Kadath and jrn14
I wonder how they would differentiate it enough so that it doesn't look like generic monsters

It's honestly the crux of the film, a critique on how horror has become generic
I was thinking putting it in Central Park and having the cabin in front kinda like twisted traditions and having all sorts of variety monsters. Maybe the could make the force field net out of lights in the trees and have all the major items that brings out each monster on a pedestal like the harvest. I don’t see it being likely but i think it would be extremely interesting to say the least.

Other than general guessing, is there any reason for us to speculate that it would be a 3/7 IP/Original split, or anything other than 5/5 or even 6/4?

HHN is all about marketing, and while they may want to do more originals for the hardcore fans they'll still want to draw in the general population. Unless.. they think the 30th Anniversary itself will be enough of a marketing draw?
@Legacy said he’s hearing fewer the 3-4 IPs.

In Rix Flix new video he is saying he heard Jack is back this year

Status
Not open for further replies.