Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The originals last year were awesome in their own way, I know some people have too much anticipation for Nightingales but it was good, I dug it and I never missed a scare every experience that house, those scareactors got me good every time, I had a little more fun in the originals as much as I had in the ips and that's not a bad thing, its good, I am always for the originals every year and last year they did an awesome job. Graveyard Games had got me feeling giddy because it reminded me of HHN 21's Winter's Night The Haunting Of Hawthorne Cemetery that house was really cool back then and this house reminded me of it so much. I am very excited to see what they bring this year, Could we return to Shadybrook? Would Run have another killer year of slicing and dicing or what not, I am very excited for what originals come this year, I do hope though they give em announcement videos because that would hype me up the most like 28's announcement videos did.

Last edited:
I feel like people let the IPs color their opinion of 29 just a wee bit too much. I was very happy with all of the originals.

I liked 29 a lot. You're not gonna get a year with 10 great houses. I loved Graveyard Games. Thought Yeti was very good. Had Nightingales and Depths of Fear in the mid-bottom of my list from last year. But, overall, I thought 29 was pretty strong even though it had some elements that just weren't too scary.

I am very excited to see what they bring this year, Could we return to Shadybrook? Would Run have another killer year of slicing and dicing or what not, I am very excited for what originals come this year, I do hope though they give em announcement videos because that would hype me up the most like 28's announcement videos did.

I just think they've done everything they can with that franchise. At least AT Shadybrook. Back in the day someone had the idea of a spring break PS.

If someone has an idea for a new spin on Shadybrook I'm all ears.

I just think they've done everything they can with that franchise. At least AT Shadybrook. Back in the day someone had the idea of a spring break PS.

I think they shouldn't have used it for Chance that was such a waste, they honestly should have done something with her and with her house than just using Shadybrook has her background you know, if they did it, I think they could do something with both RUN and Shadybrook and involving both Jack and Eddie in the situation, that would probably spice up a house for sure. They could something with it. If anything they could give it to Eddie because Shadybrook is the birthplace of both Jack and Eddie.

They could also possibly bring back Hellgate Prison again, I mean now in modern still rusting and aging, even though they used for RUN at 25, they could give it more of a build like they had done with Shadybrook you know, give it more story and more elements, it be cool.

Last edited:

Hear me out...in a few years... Graveyard Games X Shadybrook.

A-hole kids trash the long abandoned asylum, and get murdered by the spirits that haunt it.

They could also start in the town, and you get antagonized by the kids until the mid-house facade of the actual building.

Hear me out...in a few years... Graveyard Games X Shadybrook.

A-hole kids trash the long abandoned asylum, and get murdered by the spirits that haunt it.

They could also start in the town, and you get antagonized by the kids until the mid-house facade of the actual building.

Echoes of Shadybrook did kinda' run with that idea of someone trespassing on the abandonded Shadybrook. What with the ladder used to get over the fence at the façade.

I hope Eilish won’t be the first thing announced. If the house rumors are an indication Conjuring seems like a strong fit for that opening announcement

Or even better, they announce a Stranger Things return with a mashup of seasons 1-3 along with Ghostbusters Afterlife *jk*

so today i was on ticketmaster making sure that i updated my card info for tomorrow (im gonna try and get mcr tickets) and came across something possibly noteworthy.

billie eilish’s tour comes to orlando on march 10th with a two day gap before her nc date. interpret that how you will.

Probably just two days off from touring. Nothing HHN related.

I hope Eilish won’t be the first thing announced. If the house rumors are an indication Conjuring seems like a strong fit for that opening announcement

Or even better, they announce a Stranger Things return with a mashup of seasons 1-3 along with Ghostbusters Afterlife *jk*

There is NO WAY a lagoon show would be announced first.

But yeah, the second sentence is (a big part of) my absolute nightmare scenario for the event.

Hi. Completely new here, just want to ask what are the chaces we get an icon this year? I've been reading this forum for a little bit and find it really interesting.

Hi. Completely new here, just want to ask what are the chaces we get an icon this year? I've been reading this forum for a little bit and find it really interesting.

Welcome!

Jack MIGHT be the icon. The others could possibly reappear, but definitely not as icons of the event.

I'd prefer to get off this discussion, though. I'm sorry, but it's just too painful to keep having over and over. It feels like ripping a scab off.

Last edited:
Very skeptical as to her actual involvement with HHN, but I'm glad this year's sketchy early spec has introduced me to the music of Billie Eilish. I'm a person who hates Justin and Miley and Britney and all the boy bands and I would have written her off as more of the same. I'm a fan of her music and am impressed by her and her brother. I don't know that she should have a house (though I'd be interested to see what she might design), but her musical involvement in any aspect of the event should be pursued. I mean, It's not like Universal has a ton of home-run film franchises to play with. Why not dig into what is working? Anyway, thanks for expanding my musical horizons, y'all.

Updated list of clues and guesses. I'm going to thumbnail this so it doesn't take up an entire page as it gets longer and longer. If you guys prefer that I paste the full image instead of the thumbnail, please let me know and I will do so going forward. Thanks!

View attachment 11554

Will take a 99.99 percent likely to be wrong guess at the pie.

Since the lagoon clue is #5, I'll guess L is location. Since he wants us to "show our work," American Pie came out in 1999. Gee, what opened in 1999? Therefore I'm saying this is a two park rumor. He did say this was probably fake, right?

Okay, this one is tough. I don't feel good about any of my tracking on this, but I'll take a couple of swings anyway.

ASA E6-B Flight Computer
E-6B was developed by Lt. Philip Dalton.
Philip Dalton was born April 1, 1903 and died on July 25, 1941.

My 3 best guesses on this:
1-April 1 (his birthdate) sticks out. So it could be a reference to April Fools Day. Possibly the movie, or just possibly an original house based on April Fools Day folklore and traditions.
2-1941 is the clue. Couldn't find anything specifically on July 25 of 1941, but the movie The Wolfman (among others) was released in 1941 - so with this guess it would be some sort of Universal Monsters versus house.
3-July 25 is the clue. Nothing specific on July 25 of 1941, but July 25 happens to be the birthdate of Irwin Yablans, who was the executive producer for the first three Halloween films. So this guess would be some sort of Halloween house.

Again, I don't like any of these guesses. I'm not connecting at all on this one unfortunately.

Same answer, different reasoning here:

ASA E6-B Flight Computer
Featured in 3 episodes of Star Trek: TOS
Captain Kirk is the lead character
The original Michael Myers mask is a bleached painted Captain Kirk mask

I'm going for Halloween (2018) or Halloween Kills, but secretly holding out hope for Halloween III for that dope soundtrack.

Updated list of clues and guesses. I'm going to thumbnail this so it doesn't take up an entire page as it gets longer and longer. If you guys prefer that I paste the full image instead of the thumbnail, please let me know and I will do so going forward. Thanks!

View attachment 11554
You should take advantage of the shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.