The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With these conflicting rumors going on, I wouldn’t be surprised if Uni is really clamping down by throwing fake rumors out there. They’re probably sick of years and years of big stuff leaking out. That might be why rumors are such a tailspin this year.
No more of a tailspin than any other year, at least this early. I think all of the people who get rumors are just a little more hesitant to put their name to them because the last couple of years were more public fiascos.

Last year we got the first announcement on 3/27 so we should at least get one by then maybe even sooner if the 11 house rumor is true.

Saw this and had to post it here :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• 354EE66F-4B23-4087-ACAB-F14654A8911B.jpeg
    354EE66F-4B23-4087-ACAB-F14654A8911B.jpeg
    806.6 KB · Views: 15
Last year we got the first announcement on 3/27 so we should at least get one by then maybe even sooner if the 11 house rumor is true.

Saw this and had to post it here :lol: :lol:
"Saw" that on the HHN Facebook group.

God I hate that group lol.

I enjoy getting early rumors, but it's always nice to get surprise announcements.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
"Saw" that on the HHN Facebook group.

God I hate that group lol.

I enjoy getting early rumors, but it's always nice to get surprise announcements.
In all honesty I rather have rumors so I have a good idea of what is most likely coming. Since I live in NJ I can’t also go every year so I have to pick and choose between years so the sooner I know which house are coming or have a very good chance of coming better for me

In all honesty I rather have rumors so I have a good idea of what is most likely coming. Since I live in NJ I can’t also go every year so I have to pick and choose between years so the sooner I know which house are coming or have a very good chance of coming better for me
That's fair. I'm in PA so I get what you're saying. But typically we plan our trips in January, so we're going regardless of what HHN announces.

That's fair. I'm in PA so I get what you're saying. But typically we plan our trips in January, so we're going regardless of what HHN announces.

yeah that is true either way I am most likely going doesn’t matter what’s coming just hoping for the conjuring universe

Hey everyone! Life got busy.

I’m going to take a shot at the Pie clue, or at least the possible date/location.

Someone mentioned American Pie by Don McLean, and that songs references many dates and locations. The primary date/location referenced in the song is February 3, 1959/Clear Lake, Iowa. The date and location of “the day the music died”.

I haven’t been able to find a horror connection.

Also, given @Legacy’s love of red herrings and making clues harder: L=location may not be accurate.

Hey everyone! Life got busy.

I’m going to take a shot at the Pie clue, or at least the possible date/location.

Someone mentioned American Pie by Don McLean, and that songs references many dates and locations. The primary date/location referenced in the song is February 3, 1959/Clear Lake, Iowa. The date and location of “the day the music died”.

I haven’t been able to find a horror connection.

Also, given @Legacy’s love of red herrings and making clues harder: L=location may not be accurate.
I too think L isn’t for “Location”, but what else could fit with the clue? I do recall this being either “really easy” or “really hard” depending how you look at it. Could it be as simple as “Legacy”? As in this clue relates to the tribute to the history of HHN.

American Pie was written as a tribute to Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper who were killed in a plane crash, and the legacy they left behind “the day the music died”. A legacy is some kind of lasting reminder of the past, or something passed from one generation to the next. Could we finally get a lasting tribute to HHN and it’s impact on Universal? I know there was the rumoured museum years back, but could something similar be on the cards?

You know how in Beetlejuice, it takes people time to realize that they're dead? Some of the longer time HHN fandom are taking a while to realize that they've aged out of the group Universal is focusing the event towards. Just my observation.

You and I normally have a lot of the same POV, but this is patently untrue. If the majority of the decisions are based around the almighty dollar, then whoever is seeking to be paid needs to remember the demographics that will actually spend the most money ARE the older fans. Kids don't have that kind of extra money to blow as a general rule. Yes, Mommy and Daddy will sometimes send them off to the event with some cash, but it's nowhere near the same thing. Once you get to a certain age, you are (hopefully) financially stable and usually have more disposable income. I blow an outrageous amount of dough on HHN every year.. and I know I am not the only old fart to do so. So, let's not play this game.

I realize things have to evolve, and Uni needs to keep creating new fans... but that is NOT happening with the EXCLUSION of its old fans.

Just anecdotal, but growing up in a city only a little bit from orlando, just about every teen/college kid i know goes up every year, but once they reach mid 20s most stop going annually (maybe go every once in a while, point is it stops becoming a strong priority).

You and I normally have a lot of the same POV, but this is patently untrue. If the majority of the decisions are based around the almighty dollar, then whoever is seeking to be paid needs to remember the demographics that will actually spend the most money ARE the older fans. Kids don't have that kind of extra money to blow as a general rule. Yes, Mommy and Daddy will sometimes send them off to the event with some cash, but it's nowhere near the same thing. Once you get to a certain age, you are (hopefully) financially stable and usually have more disposable income. I blow an outrageous amount of dough on HHN every year.. and I know I am not the only old fart to do so. So, let's not play this game.

I realize things have to evolve, and Uni needs to keep creating new fans... but that is NOT happening with the EXCLUSION of its old fans.
As a general rule of thumb guess, I would suspect that anyone who attended within the first fifteen years without a parent is probably outside the demo Uni is concentrating on.

Whilst merch (and deep fried Twinkie lol) sales are key, and yes, the older demographic spend more, you need to hook in the younger demographics too. This allows you to build brand loyalty, word of mouth sales, etc to ensure future revenue growth. I wager that’s what Universal is banking on with catering to the youth. They already know that the die hards will buy merch etc so don’t need to cater or market to that group. It’s how you expand the appeal to demographics not normally likely to buy into the brand which is what they want.

And totally agree it sucks. I feel like I was in the background of a live Facebook/instagram/snapchat feed lots of times before entering a house, and putting up with entitled little craps acting like children in an adult event last year. But I still go. Still love the event. Yes I grumble at some of the clientele but still have an awesome time. And as long as I can continue to go I will do.

As for losing custom yes that will happen, it’s natural. But If Universal can replace every 1 lost person with 2/3 people either able and willing to spend lots, or will do in future, then they’re still growing the event.

Reactions: Pedro Navarro
Whilst merch (and deep fried Twinkie lol) sales are key, and yes, the older demographic spend more, you need to hook in the younger demographics too. This allows you to build brand loyalty, word of mouth sales, etc to ensure future revenue growth. I wager that’s what Universal is banking on with catering to the youth. They already know that the die hards will buy merch etc so don’t need to cater or market to that group. It’s how you expand the appeal to demographics not normally likely to buy into the brand which is what they want.

And totally agree it sucks. I feel like I was in the background of a live Facebook/instagram/snapchat feed lots of times before entering a house, and putting up with entitled little craps acting like children in an adult event last year. But I still go. Still love the event. Yes I grumble at some of the clientele but still have an awesome time. And as long as I can continue to go I will do.

As for losing custom yes that will happen, it’s natural. But If Universal can replace every 1 lost person with 2/3 people either able and willing to spend lots, or will do in future, then they’re still growing the event.

I don't disagree with you. I understand that for something like this to remain successful (i.e. profitable), they need to grow the fan base every year. This means, by default, you have to "get 'em while they are young". Yes, I know. My point was, that doesn't automatically exclude the existing fans. The older fans are the ones dumping tons of cash into the merch and liquor and vacation packages, etc.. it's a total cash cow. Furthermore, if they expand merch like they did for 25 - with some of the exclusive artwork and such.. it's the older die-hards who buy that.. I'm a testament to that craziness. I can't even repeat what I dropped at 25. Granted, I got married at the event, so it's more sentimental as well.. but still.

The main point is: there is room for all of us. So, we can meet up and annoy each other. :)

Reactions: Drummanmatt
Status
Not open for further replies.