Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with you. I understand that for something like this to remain successful (i.e. profitable), they need to grow the fan base every year. This means, by default, you have to "get 'em while they are young". Yes, I know. My point was, that doesn't automatically exclude the existing fans. The older fans are the ones dumping tons of cash into the merch and liquor and vacation packages, etc.. it's a total cash cow. Furthermore, if they expand merch like they did for 25 - with some of the exclusive artwork and such.. it's the older die-hards who buy that.. I'm a testament to that craziness. I can't even repeat what I dropped at 25. Granted, I got married at the event, so it's more sentimental as well.. but still.

The main point is: there is room for all of us. So, we can meet up and annoy each other. :)
Plain and simple they know we will come to the event, buy merch, buy tickets, and packages, there is nothing more to appeal to us, maybe a few ips here and there but at the end, its all like you said profit and expanding the demographic. Merch will always be expanded but if they put something out, I'm sure they'll take a few things away, I'm sure the merch this year will be awesome but more catered to the ips like last year was and also Jack of course if they are still having him being the headliner of the event and a few of the icons if were lucky.

You and I normally have a lot of the same POV, but this is patently untrue. If the majority of the decisions are based around the almighty dollar, then whoever is seeking to be paid needs to remember the demographics that will actually spend the most money ARE the older fans. Kids don't have that kind of extra money to blow as a general rule. Yes, Mommy and Daddy will sometimes send them off to the event with some cash, but it's nowhere near the same thing. Once you get to a certain age, you are (hopefully) financially stable and usually have more disposable income. I blow an outrageous amount of dough on HHN every year.. and I know I am not the only old fart to do so. So, let's not play this game.

I realize things have to evolve, and Uni needs to keep creating new fans... but that is NOT happening with the EXCLUSION of its old fans.

Balance is needed. So I generally agree with this. As I said on Hollywood side, it will be weird if the demographic expander/merch seller property this year turns out to be a lagoon show on our side at least.

It literally offers nothing we don't know already, just presented in a more poetic way.

Which we? The we’s who hear things or the we’s who don’t?

Because I’ve been rabbit holing down @Legacy’s clues, and I thought I was crazy, but...

Philip Dalton went to Princeton.

Princeton is an important location in the LegendaryTruth mythos.

I’m not sure who Ralph is, but I’ve been reading way too many names today. Corrected my mistake.

EDIT: 2/3/1959 and Clear Lake, Iowa can be connected to one horror thing that I can think of:

IT. How? Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper, and Buddy Holly are all referenced in the book.There is a memorial at the crash site that looks like Buddy Holly’s glasses which is another connection to IT. Richie Tozier hasBuddy Holly type glasses.

Last edited:

Because I’ve been rabbit holing down @Legacy’s clues, and I thought I was crazy, but...

I’m not sure who Ralph is, but I’ve been reading way too many names today. Corrected my mistake.

EDIT: 2/3/1959 and Clear Lake, Iowa can be connected to one horror thing that I can think of:

IT. How? Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper, and Buddy Holly are all referenced in the book.There is a memorial at the crash site that looks like Buddy Holly’s glasses which is another connection to IT. Richie Tozier hasBuddy Holly type glasses.

We, as in Universal has already publicly stated that this year would include returning, “reimagined” haunts.

Hoping your right. IT at HHN would be spectacular, and i believe uni surveys showed IT was the most requested IP, right?

We, as in Universal has already publicly stated that this year would include returning, “reimagined” haunts.

I would have never consider LegendaryTruth as a potential for an anniversary year reimagined haunt. Actually, I figured we saw the last of LT in 2016. How many, besides the diehard LTers and maybe some older fans, even realize that LT was active in 2016 and connected to The Repository? The last year LT was truly active in an “official” way was 2013. 2014 saw some activity, but not in a truly official capacity. Most of LT since 2013 has been obvious beta testing for tech.

I, also, just don’t see Wyandot as popular enough to become a reimagined haunt. There are more recent fan favorites and older fan favorites that I feel are more in demand.

Hoping your right. IT at HHN would be spectacular, and i believe uni surveys showed IT was the most requested IP, right?
Won’t King absolutely forbid them? And even if they could, isn’t a lot of the luster off the property now after part 2?
IT never lost luster. IT is a horror icon and would be a huge get.

I feel it is important that I tell you all that I can connect anything to Stephen King properties.

Obligatory intro: “Long time listener, first time caller.”
Although Clue 1 has been discussed to death, Keough and Lorraine Warren had an indirect connection via the Archdiocese of Hartford. Hope I’m not beating a dead horse. But, rumors are rumors! The rest of these @Legacy clues are tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.