The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want "Catacombs: Remission" where the Center for Disease Control goes in to contain the Plague Doctors. Then it's essentially modern plague doctors versus ancient plague doctors.

Just imagine the catacombs with plastic sheeting, air ducts, and decontamination chambers.
And dire news reports about the virus. Like in the DEPZ trailer (was very disappointed those weren't actually in the house).

I think they’ll probably shy away from infection/virus houses this year because of the optics with the Coronavirus outbreak

Yeah but Monsters & Mayhem has nothing do with him, he was just a name and in the house, it was about the past houses and icons and he was the first icon of the event so of course they had his name all over it and appearances here and there of him in it, the same thing I'm sure they were going to do with Fear when he was supposed to be in the Horror Night Hallow'd Past house at XX but they couldn't fit him into the plan XD but if they do another M&M it might be under a different name like 30 Years Of Fear or something and just be that, featuring the best of from the past years. I'm wondering what houses and stuff from the past would choose from for this one.
This part isn't factual. Fear was never designed to be in Hallow'd Past, because he wasn't the originally conceived lead for the event. They never even attempted to put him in the house. The house you got that year was the house you were suppose to get.
I think they’ll probably shy away from infection/virus houses this year because of the optics with the Coronavirus outbreak
I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just saying I want it to.

This part isn't factual. Fear was never designed to be in Hallow'd Past, because he wasn't the originally conceived lead for the event. They never even attempted to put him in the house. The house you got that year was the house you were suppose to get.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just saying I want it to.

Really? I never knew that, so was Fear marketing’s ploy for just the event or something? I thought he was supposed to happen. I know Cindy was the original plan and the Halloween Tree but I thought they scrapped and just brought Fear as the replacement.

I would wait for another zombie house, the event has sorta been all zombied out for now. I think if they should do another a zombie house and they should wait awhile, they should do a homage house to The Father Of All Zombies George A Romero and have a house based off Night, Dawn and Day Of The Dead or just his Dead franchise, they've done inspirations from him like the Deadtropolis Zombie Siege being inspired by his film Land Of The Dead which came out a year prior in 2005, in 2004 their Deadtropolis house was inspired abit by Dawn Of The Dead remake from Zack Snyder, so they've made little hints and homages with some of the zombie houses of the past, but it would be cool to actually see Romero's Living Dead franchise at the event especially after seeing Creepshow come to life at the event finally.

I think if they also planned it well, 28 Days Later would well as a scarezone, warnings, red lights, screen projections on the wall, the opening theme and a few tracks from the film, and the best fast running scareactors lol coming out of nowhere.

Last edited:
I would wait for another zombie house, the event has sorta been all zombied out for now. I think if they should do another a zombie house and they should wait awhile, they should do a homage house to The Father Of All Zombies George A Romero and have a house based off Night, Dawn and Day Of The Dead or just his Dead franchise, they've done inspirations from him like the Deadtropolis Zombie Siege being inspired by his film Land Of The Dead which came out a year prior in 2005, in 2004 their Deadtropolis house was inspired abit by Dawn Of The Dead remake from Zack Snyder, so they've made little hints and homages with some of the zombie houses of the past, but it would be cool to actually see Romero's Living Dead franchise at the event especially after seeing Creepshow come to life at the event finally.

I think if they also planned it well, 28 Days Later would well as a scarezone, warnings, red lights, screen projections on the wall, the opening theme and a few tracks from the film, and the best fast running scareactors lol coming out of nowhere.
giphy.gif

Sorry the quote messed up, I’m on my phone and I’m trying not to double post, my apologies guys, don’t hate me lol, I was trying to say I know of the original idea that they have for 20 but I am still a bit confused on Fear, was just a last minute idea brought in or was it marketing’s involvement?

Reactions: Kadath
Sorry the quote messed up, I’m on my phone and I’m trying not to double post, my apologies guys, don’t hate me lol, I was trying to say I know of the original idea that they have for 20 but I am still a bit confused on Fear, was just a last minute idea brought in or was it marketing’s involvement?
Last minute idea. Original concept was for Cindy and the Halloween Tree to lead the event but, for whatever reason, the decision was made to do something different. Honestly, I think it was a combination of budget and casting concerns that caused it. The Halloween Tree they intended to build in front of Mel's would have been expensive and difficult to install (throw in it would be a temporary structure hanging over guests) and, because Orfanage had two barker Cindys (Cindies?), adding another barker to the street would have upped an already challenging casting requirement to seven/eight.

Plus, the Halloween Tree story didn't "feature" the icons. Developing the lantern story, with Fear, allowed them to all organically appear where people could take photos.

Last minute idea. Original concept was for Cindy and the Halloween Tree to lead the event but, for whatever reason, the decision was made to do something different. Honestly, I think it was a combination of budget and casting concerns that caused it. The Halloween Tree they intended to build in front of Mel's would have been expensive and difficult to install (throw in it would be a temporary structure hanging over guests) and, because Orfanage had two barker Cindys (Cindies?), adding another barker to the street would have upped an already challenging casting requirement to seven/eight.

Plus, the Halloween Tree story didn't "feature" the icons. Developing the lantern story, with Fear, allowed them to all organically appear where people could take photos.

I have video from HHN XX about the alternate idea. Hold on and I'll share.

That's the video that I always get in trouble for watching, when they play it on the screens in the queues.

I get too wrapped up in it, and fail to notice the line is moving. Even got some pretty dirty looks from the people behind me one time.
Oh they played it in the queues? Btw. I reall, like the Lore behind HHN and somewhat hope that they continue the lore through some of the houses even if they don't do Icons

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.