The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight format change. In anticipation of A LOT of clues this year, I'm changing how the solved clues are presented. I'm shrinking their scope to only include correct (or partially correct) answers. This will keep the document from being too incredibly long. The new one is below.

View attachment 11667
I really appreciate this. With that said, i'm really disapointed Terra Queen hasn't been rumored more. Thought she would be a no brainer for HHN 30. But there's still hope considering nothing's confirmed yet.

I really appreciate this. With that said, i'm really disapointed Terra Queen hasn't been rumored more. Thought she would be a no brainer for HHN 30. But there's still hope considering nothing's confirmed yet.

In fairness, I do believe Legacy has more rumors than he’s ”clued up”, but he has a find a clue to connect them to. He’s releasing clues at his pace, not the pace he’s getting them. And considering how much people are already expecting Terra, he may just find it pointless to connect a clue to. Who knows?

Here was the Evil Dead - Dinah Hayley guess from yesterday, and I hope you limbered up because this is a STRETCH:

-Extended is Extended Family
-Dinah Hayley was an estranged member of her family
-Uncle is John Wilkes
-John Wilkes is the namesake of Wilkes County, NC
-Wilkes County is the home of Waylon Reavis, estranged guitarist of Mushroomhead
-Mushroomhead has a 'famous' music video that is a tribute to Sam Raimi's EVIL DEAD

This clue is tough because of what 'M' might mean. If it is truly Marketing or Merchandising, then I would have pointed more towards a concept as opposed to a property because why would they get a property that isn't a house. Unless 'M' is MAZE, but how does that differ from a house? Music? Mascot?

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
Maybe M means movie? Like Legacy has heard a movie is coming, just doesn't know the capacity of it?

I would think that the clue M is based on how it relates to HHN. H is house, L is location, etc. So if M did mean movie, it would need to a movie being played in HHN if my logic is correct. That is why Marketing and Merchandising are the prevailing thought currently.

I've never engaged in any speculation so I could be completely off in all respects here but...

M - marketing
Clue - Extended (family)

Dinah Haley -> extended family includes British politician John Wilkes -> the town Wilkes-Barre in Pennsylvania was named after Wilkes -> actor James Karen is among 'notable people' who lived in Wilkes-Barre -> he starred in (and was nominated for an award for) his role in Return of the Living Dead -> marketing relates to zombies/ the undead in some way? (if not, Karen has an extended horror filmography that could be related in some way?)

Again, apologies if I'm completely off the mark here. But this is fun.

I don't know what M stands for yet but I have a feeling that I'm on the right track

John Wilkes was portrayed in the movie Bedlam in 1946 by Leyland Hodgson
The star of Bedlam was Mr. Boris Karloff, most famous for portraying Frankenstein and The Mummy.

My current guess is that one of those two, or the entire UCM, is involved in the marketing or merchandising? That seems pretty easy, though

The only other way that I can see is that Hodgson is most famous for portraying Sherlock Holmes, which could be a kind of cool icon for the event (like the detective origin of Legendary Truth or something)

The Dinah Haley clue

Dinah Haley extended family is John Wilkes, we know that so far. John Wilkes was in the Hell Fire club which had rituals the involved monks and nuns. My first thought is The Nun but Conjuring has already been related to a clue so that leads me to Vampire Diaries. In the show they had to stop the “Hell Fire”.So my guess is Vampires is some way as marketing.

I don't know what M stands for yet but I have a feeling that I'm on the right track

John Wilkes was portrayed in the movie Bedlam in 1946 by Leyland Hodgson
The star of Bedlam was Mr. Boris Karloff, most famous for portraying Frankenstein and The Mummy.

My current guess is that one of those two, or the entire UCM, is involved in the marketing or merchandising? That seems pretty easy, though

The only other way that I can see is that Hodgson is most famous for portraying Sherlock Holmes, which could be a kind of cool icon for the event (like the detective origin of Legendary Truth or something)

That makes the most sense without knowing what the M actually stands for. Nice.

In fairness, I do believe Legacy has more rumors than he’s ”clued up”, but he has a find a clue to connect them to. He’s releasing clues at his pace, not the pace he’s getting them. And considering how much people are already expecting Terra, he may just find it pointless to connect a clue to. Who knows?
That’s correct. I’ve got another 10-15 rumors I haven’t provided clues for (like Creepshow). A small handful I WON’T provide clues for (either because I doubt they’re coming or want to keep them as a surprise if they’re true).

The Dinah Haley clue

Dinah Haley extended family is John Wilkes, we know that so far. John Wilkes was in the Hell Fire club which had rituals the involved monks and nuns. My first thought is The Nun but Conjuring has already been related to a clue so that leads me to Vampire Diaries. In the show they had to stop the “Hell Fire”.So my guess is Vampires is some way as marketing.

M for marketing. Jumping off from the club idea:

John Wilkes was an Odd Fellow!!!

Jack is the Answer.

Hi! I've been reading for a while, but just now thought I'd comment. I know sometimes movies get talked about more when it's an anniversary year for them, so I thought I'd mention some of the great anniversaries coming this year:
10 Years: Shutter Island, Deathly Hallows 1
20 Years: Scream 3, Pitch Black, American Psycho, Final Destination
25 Years: In the Mouth of Madness
30 Years: Exorcist 3, Misery
40 Years: Friday the 13th, The Fog
60 Years: Psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.