Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And ruined a perfect ending for the series. But hey! There’s still money to be made, so let’s beat this premise to death!

I mean, not to get off-topic, but is it a “perfect ending” when they all but told everyone this “major twist” in the trailer less than thirty minutes later.

To keep this on topic, I still don’t expect it at HHN. Not this year. Would I discount an encore “Best Of” with S4 for like 31 though? Not really.

I can’t see them leaving ST without doing more of S3. It was the wrong call to dabble with it last year but they were in a no win situation as it was so hot and they couldn’t just skip S2. If it was solely S3 I would still be down with it. S3 is still a classic season

Assuming Universal signed an initial three-year deal with Netflix, a “Story So Far” house with all three seasons isn’t a stretch. That’s assuming it was a three-year contract. They could also agree to a “pause” in the contract. We don’t know that for sure. They could have negotiated individual years, which allows them to skip a year with no difficulties. Even if there was a three year contract, Netflix could pull the contract with the argument either “season 2” house did not properly portray the property as stipulated.

So, with the Netflix contract do you think they would have 1 house that's only operating on one coast while the other coast takes that year off? Hollywood pretty much only did a Season 2 house last year (they added the cabin in at the end from Season 3), so I feel Hollywood has more reason to do a season 3 house this year than Orlando does. Orlando did cover Seasons 2 and 3 at 29 which made me feel they were trying to get it out of the way for 30, maybe they bring ST back for 31 which makes sense to help prevent fatigue which already is set in from 29.

Forgive me, but is Hill House even really that big of a property? It had a decent following for a few months in early 2019 but after that I haven't heard anything from it in a very long time. I don't know if it has quite the same fanbase that ST has, so if Uni wants to replace one big Netflix property with another Hill House is pretty absolutely a step down.

My personal wish is no Netflix this event at all, to be completely honest. Especially if we could only be seeing 4 IPs, those IPs better be damn good.
I loved Hill House but it wasn't at all what I expected when I watched it, definitely not super scary like I was lead to believe but definitely had disturbing visuals and some amazing sets.I'm a huge fan of psychological horror and creepy ambiance so that series is right up my ally. I would love it if they brought Hill House to the event once season 2 comes out, I just didn't feel they had enough content to use in a house with just season 1 without it becoming very repetitive. Although if they wanted to strip a lot of the main story away and focus on the ghosts and their stories in the house that could make for an interesting experience. It doesn't have anywhere near the same following as ST does, but if marketed right I think it could be a good headliner in the future. I feel like right now if Uni wants to grab a different Netflix property it's possibly going to be Sabrina, Witcher, or even Castlevania since those do technically fall into the horror genre, and seem to be the popular shows right now that I've seen some talk about people desiring these coming to the event, and given the direction the event has been going I wouldn't be surprised if one of these properties made an appearance sometime soon.

So, with the Netflix contract do you think they would have 1 house that's only operating on one coast while the other coast takes that year off? Hollywood pretty much only did a Season 2 house last year (they added the cabin in at the end from Season 3), so I feel Hollywood has more reason to do a season 3 house this year than Orlando does. Orlando did cover Seasons 2 and 3 at 29 which made me feel they were trying to get it out of the way for 30, maybe they bring ST back for 31 which makes sense to help prevent fatigue which already is set in from 29.

I loved Hill House but it wasn't at all what I expected when I watched it, definitely not super scary like I was lead to believe but definitely had disturbing visuals and some amazing sets.I'm a huge fan of psychological horror and creepy ambiance so that series is right up my ally. I would love it if they brought Hill House to the event once season 2 comes out, I just didn't feel they had enough content to use in a house with just season 1 without it becoming very repetitive. Although if they wanted to strip a lot of the main story away and focus on the ghosts and their stories in the house that could make for an interesting experience. It doesn't have anywhere near the same following as ST does, but if marketed right I think it could be a good headliner in the future. I feel like right now if Uni wants to grab a different Netflix property it's possibly going to be Sabrina, Witcher, or even Castlevania since those do technically fall into the horror genre, and seem to be the popular shows right now that I've seen some talk about people desiring these coming to the event, and given the direction the event has been going I wouldn't be surprised if one of these properties made an appearance sometime soon.

Speak for yourself. That trick or treat scene was...

I saw the other day that the Witcher is one of Netflix’s most watched shows ever. Since they attempted to do a GoT house I don’t see why they wouldn’t attempt the Witcher in a few years

I saw the other day that the Witcher is one of Netflix’s most watched shows ever. Since they attempted to do a GoT house I don’t see why they wouldn’t attempt the Witcher in a few years

I wouldn’t read too much into that statistic. Netflix changed the metric of how they count a “watch” just before it was released. A “watch” is now 2 minutes into an episode, rather than the previous metric which was 30/40 minutes I think.

Having said that there is some great material to make a house from it, but would be interesting to see how A&D would tackle this property. Would it be a different monster per room, closely tie into the series, or something completely different?

If we're concentrating on what could replace ST in a three year Netflix deal...there's another property that's more popular than Hill House and isn't really being discussed...and it ain't Witcher.

Not sure if this is what you were referring to, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dracula starts getting tossed around. I have no idea if the Netflix mini-series is more popular than Hill House, but I do know that everyone at least knows the name "Dracula" and it would pull people in regardless of if they've seen the series or not.

If we're concentrating on what could replace ST in a three year Netflix deal...there's another property that's more popular than Hill House and isn't really being discussed...and it ain't Witcher.

Grace and Frankie???? jk jk jk......um I know Bird Box was a big thing, is that it?

If it’s Black Mirror that was getting brought up last year. Tbh it could work if they did it in a smaller venue since only snippets of episodes work pretty well. Bandersnatch would be great though

Not sure if this is what you were referring to, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dracula starts getting tossed around. I have no idea if the Netflix mini-series is more popular than Hill House, but I do know that everyone at least knows the name "Dracula" and it would pull people in regardless of if they've seen the series or not.

Not the one I was referring to, but good points none the less. I haven't watched the show yet. So, I'm not sure how well it could translate to a house.

One of those three is what I had in mind. I'm a big fan of the other two...I just don't see them happening.

I see problems with two. Sabrina is problematic and controversial due to the satanic elements. I don’t think Umbrella has the marketing pull. But Locke & Key fits directly into the demographic of StrTh. The question would be is Joe Hill a hinderance or a help.

I see problems with two. Sabrina is problematic and controversial due to the satanic elements. I don’t think Umbrella has the marketing pull. But Locke & Key fits directly into the demographic of StrTh. The question would be is Joe Hill a hinderance or a help.

I saw a Sabrina comic collection being sold at Target this week (with reprints of the recent series, that's waaaaay more objectionable than the show).

I guess the general public can overlook some Satanic elements as long as a pretty blonde girl is front and center.

Speak for yourself. That trick or treat scene was...
I only saw the show once, but I think that may have been one of the 2 scenes that did actually startle me. I expected to be screaming and jumping out of my seat a lot more than two times for the entire season based on the trailers. I loved it though, I honestly don't do well when a series/movie relies too heavily on jump scares.

Status
Not open for further replies.