The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any if the original monster movies or characters considered scary though? Maybe Invisible Man at a push, but I certainly never found Dracula or Wolfman to be all that scary in their original movies.
Meeting them face to face in a dimly lit haunted house was an entirely different experience, as I am sure it would be with whatever this house may end up being.
Slightly off topic but the new Invisible Man movie is now less than a week away!!

Are any if the original monster movies or characters considered scary though? Maybe Invisible Man at a push, but I certainly never found Dracuka or Wolfman to be all that scary in their original movies.
Meeting them face to face in a dimly lit haunted house was an entirely different experience, as I am sure it would be with whatever this house may end up being.

All of the classics have an element of sympathy/pity/empathy to them. That’s why they don’t seem scary until they surprise you in the dark.

They aren't monsters because they chose to be monsters. Wolfman, the Mummy, and Dracula are cursed. The monster and the bride are resurrected/created without a say. The creature is defending its home and self. The only two who choose to be “monsters” are the Phantom and the Invisible Man, and they both are shown in a sympathetic light. Their existences are tragic turns of events that are beyond their initial control, and they aren’t monsters. They are men.

It’s why the classic 5 & the bride endure. They are tragic figures not monsters.

Are any if the original monster movies or characters considered scary though? Maybe Invisible Man at a push, but I certainly never found Dracuka or Wolfman to be all that scary in their original movies.
Right, but at least they look like monsters, IMO she just looks like a woman with half gray, half black hair. Anyway, it doesn’t matter as we still don’t know the details of the house and I will keep an open mind

I like how people didn’t do their UCM research to discover there’s also a Brides of Dracula picture.

Also, I’m on pins and needles here waiting to see if The Thing guess was right. Put me out of my misery, please.

Interesting- Thing and some iteration of universal classic monster(s) are the two persistent ones I’m hearing the most.

Odd.
The Thing has been a consistent speculated for three or four years. Even the one year it was “rumored,” it was echo chamber speculation.

Personally, it would take a key source to say, “The Thing is coming, and here is how I know,” to count it as a rumor. But I have heard nothing about it this year.

The majority of the film is Frankenstein’s monster. Bride prob wouldn’t appear until the very end of the house for 1 or 2 rooms
You’re assuming they go for the “book report” approach, which they have yet to do for a CM house IIRC.

Adding to this, look at the 2009 Dracula and Frankenstein houses. Neither were beat for beat adaptations of the movies, they just took place in that world.

Dracula: Legacy in Blood involved the man himself beckoning people to join him, then we saw mostly brides and a cameo by Renfield before stumbling across his birthing room at the end

Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned was a steampunk sequel to Frankenstein where the good doctor has gone insane creating new creatures. The Monster, upset at this turn of the events, storms the castle trying to stop his creator

Give me an original take on The Bride with a similar story sensibility and I will be a happy boy. While I greatly enjoyed UCM last year, having a more story focused outing with an all new plot would be quite excellent!

Heck, if it’s well received maybe we can get more original spins on the UCM crew going forward instead of just mash up houses or beat for beat retellings

So @Legacy - do you have any interest in confirming OR denying the answers that SEEM to be potentially solved? Or are we still in a wait and see on these? Thanks - I happen to have the weekend off, so if there are any clues you're looking to throw out there that'd be cool too. Thanks!

UNSOLVED:
Clue 3 - Dinah Hayley painting clue
- possibly Jack Icon Marketing (mystiquephreeq pg 135)
* M for marketing. Jumping off from the club idea:
* John Wilkes was an Odd Fellow!!!
* Jack is the Answer.

Clue 6 - NF Keys clue - possibly Beetlejuice ScareZone (johnathanm pg 115)
* When searching “Washington DC horror” with a specific time filter for 10/14/2018-10/16/2018, this is what I found of note.
* Looks like previews of the Beetlejuice Musical that opened in March 2019 began in DC the night of 10/14/2018.

Clue 7 - ASA E6-8 Flight Computer clue - possibly LegendaryTruth house (mystiquephreeq pg 144)
* Lt. Philip Dalton attended Princeton. Princeton, NJ and Sourland Mountain plays a huge role in the LT mythos. It’s where the mansion is located.
* Computer = Dalton = Princeton = LegendaryTruth

Status
Not open for further replies.