Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^
Booholes in zones could work I believe. Have a few side or small middle set pieces in walkways that actors actors can jump out of. They do this at HOS Tampa and dang, it gets me really good sometimes surprisingly. More themed or atmospheric zones could also be the answer.
This could work extremely well for creepshow!

I heard something about Hollywood’s mazes getting taken down, is this true?
Basically it’s canceled bruh but nobody wanna explain what the sources are actually saying

We have a Hollywood thread y'all...

Or instead of having each icon take turns doing a little show on their own stages like they did at 25, just have them all do their shows simultaneously across their own stages. That way, no one stage gets bombarded with people.

During HHN 25 it seemed like most people just kind of watched as they went by or stood all over the street. I don't really remember more than 3 or 4 groups at a time actually going up to the stages, at least when I was there. Seems like "Stand Here" stickers could fix that.
If each icons “show” is essentially nonstop, then maybe it works, but if they have a 5 minute show, then take a pause, and repeat that on say 15 minute intervals, it’s asking for problems.

The culture around social media has changed so much in just the few years between 25 and now. Every blogger is going to hang around to film every icons respective show. An overwhelming number of general guests will want to do the same for their Snapchat/Instagram stories.

And not to sound super cynical, but I do not trust people to stand on those markers, when they believe they can push forward and get a better view of a show. Kinda along the same train of thought as to why Stay N’ Scream (and the crowds that line up at the gate for rope drop) presents a social distancing dilemma.

Talking tickets with friends. Man this is stressful. We're currently all between whether or not to get the Flex Hotel/BOGO because we're all freaking out over whether or not Frequent Fear is happening. Hoping to every god ever that they just announce if FF is happening before the 22nd because I'm gonna be so angry if I pass up BOGO/Hotel Flex and there are only one nights available.

Last edited:
Wow, just checked out the Hollywood thread off your link Joe. Only 76 pages to our 472? I can’t believe there’s that much more interest. I did watch a couple YouTubers say everything about Orlando’s HHN was better than Hollywood.
I mean orlandos event in general is bigger, so theres also a bigger community around it and more to talk about, with a higher maze count most years and originals. Not sure about the second thing though, from what I've seen orlando does most things better, but saying everything is better in orlando is doing hollywood a bit of a disservice, even if ragging on hollywood is a time honored passtime in the HHN community.

Wow, just checked out the Hollywood thread off your link Joe. Only 76 pages to our 472? I can’t believe there’s that much more interest. I did watch a couple YouTubers say everything about Orlando’s HHN was better than Hollywood.
There's definitely a reason why
I mean orlandos event in general is bigger, so theres also a bigger community around it and more to talk about, with a higher maze count most years and originals. Not sure about the second thing though, from what I've seen orlando does most things better, but saying everything is better in orlando is doing hollywood a bit of a disservice, even if ragging on hollywood is a time honored passtime in the HHN community.
The only thing Hollywood has on this park is scareacting talent. That's because many people think HHN is their "in" to the acting/performing business. Most everything else, on the whole, is embarrassingly subpar to what Orlando has to offer. Murdy revived the haunt scene at that park, but they've got legit challengers from Knott's, Dark Harbor, etc. that make it difficult to spend money at the IP park, where they already know what they're going to get. There's a reason why it didn't survive and had to be revived and it's looking like it might need to be again.

All they need is someone with some ingenuity, more than business sense and connections. Murdy grew too big for his britches.

The only thing Hollywood has on this park is scareacting talent. That's because many people think HHN is their "in" to the acting/performing business. Most everything else, on the whole, is embarrassingly subpar to what Orlando has to offer. Murdy revived the haunt scene at that park, but they've got legit challengers from Knott's, Dark Harbor, etc. that make it difficult to spend money at the IP park, where they already know what they're going to get. There's a reason why it didn't survive and had to be revived and it's looking like it might need to be again.

All they need is someone with some ingenuity, more than business sense and connections. Murdy grew too big for his britches.
While I agree that overall Orlando is a better event, there are still times, once or twice in a good year in fact, where a maze in hollywood is better than the orlando counterpart by a significant margin.
Hollywood definitely has a lot of problems on a lot of fronts, and a higher budget to match the scope of the event and some fresh blood to the team could definitely liven things up again, but I feel like it catches too much flak in general.

Talking tickets with friends. Man this is stressful. We're currently all between whether or not to get the Flex Hotel/BOGO because we're all freaking out over whether or not Frequent Fear is happening. Hoping to every god ever that they just announce if FF is happening before the 22nd because I'm gonna be so angry if I pass up BOGO/Hotel Flex and there are only one nights available.
My friends and I normally do the Rush of Fear and I'm getting a little worried

Based on attending both events in 2016, I’d argue HHNH is a scarier event due to its scare acting talent and DIY/local haunt feel. HHNO’s production value is unmatched, but the scares themselves rely too much on triggers and become predictable. Also, you don’t get actors chit chatting and photo ops in the streets of Hollywood.

They’re two different events with two different feels. HHNH could easily rival HHNO if they had a bigger budget and better design team.

While I agree that overall Orlando is a better event, there are still times, once or twice in a good year in fact, where a maze in hollywood is better than the orlando counterpart by a significant margin.
Hollywood definitely has a lot of problems on a lot of fronts, and a higher budget to match the scope of the event and some fresh blood to the team could definitely liven things up again, but I feel like it catches too much flak in general.
Based on attending both events in 2016, I’d argue HHNH is a scarier event due to its scare acting talent and DIY/local haunt feel. HHNO’s production value is unmatched, but the scares themselves rely too much on triggers and become predictable. Also, you don’t get actors chit chatting and photo ops in the streets of Hollywood.

They’re two different events with two different feels. HHNH could easily rival HHNO if they had a bigger budget and better design team.
I agree with this and it's almost a matter of less is more. I'm not sure who decides the number of houses, but if they shrunk that and put more detail into some favorites of theirs, the quality wouldn't suffer as much. I don't have all of the answers, but there's a reason why other local haunts and Knott's are more successful from a guest satisfaction perspective.

So not to get off topic or anything but was there a chance hhn was holding off announcements in case hollywood could open? Also if they do announce there will be no hhn this week I really don’t see orlando announcing they are doing a event this week at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.