Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Except they haven’t done everything? And “scary” is subjective. HHN fans have a nasty tendency of forgetting that the event has always been a PG-13 rated “party.” It never promised to be Nyctophobia. Even the scariest HHN houses are unlikely to rank for hard core haunt travelers.

Take it from a long-time HHN cynic and nihilist; if you get to the point where HHN isn’t giving you what you want, it’s time to take a break. You’ve either “outgrown it” or realized it was never what you thought it was. HHN has continued to innovate and progress, but it has never changed its “party-first” nature.

Kind of at that point.

I have never, once in my life, gotten the vibe that HHN was meant to be "scary." Sure there's been scary houses, jump scares in zones, etc. But it is just a completely different experience than what you'd get at a local/regional haunt. Never in my life have I been "scared" to walk into ANY HHN house - only excited. I have to imagine that is the same for most hardcore fans.

Like @Legacy said, it's also subjective. According to the general public, we're probably the weird ones for not being scared.

FYI, TM access dates for some of October have been posted and some September dates were added. Plan accordingly.

HHN30-TeamMemberAccessCalendar-Sept-Oct.jpg

You may be right. I just remember hearing non-stop how not scary HHN 28 and 29 were. For a variety of reasons I was higher on 29 than most.

I hope Mike leaving doesn't keep them from coming up with at least one house a year people find truly scary (even if I didn't find Graveyard Games to be all that scary--it was a quality house I just enjoyed the other three originals more, yes really I thought both tent houses were scary lol).

Anyways, a lot of my frustration comes from me trying to think of a house that I think would scare the dickens out of some people, one that could feasibly get made. I've always dreamed of a house of spider monsters where you get breathed, drooled and crawled on.
you forgetting about dead exposure? Not a great house but scared the crap out of people. Seeds was GREAT AND SCARY.

Reactions: Bort
you forgetting about dead exposure? Not a great house but scared the crap out of people. Seeds was GREAT AND SCARY.

I agree about Seeds--the parables to ahem, current issues--but I feel like people who liked it were in the minority.

And DE should've been camera based, honestly.

Last edited:
If they pull most of the vinyl off, that might spur attendance, attracting those locals that already attended and had not planned on any more trips to the park. But with little, or no,
vinyl it'll be an 'almost' new experience.

Reactions: n i c k