Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

Check out the heat map from last year's first Sunday: Halloween Horror Nights Wait Time Data 2022 - Thrill-Data

It goes to 50+ minute waits almost across the board by 7:00. With walking between, drink and bathroom breaks, etc., call it an hour per house--10 houses in only 8 hours. I guess if you could do 2 the first hour (Stay & Scream a necessity for this) and waited to do 2 after 1:00, could theoretically be done. But you're going to miss the shows, not get much time in the zones, not have time to line up for any specialty foods or browse the store. Also, if the rumors pan out, I expect even longer lines than shown for ST and probably even TLoU.

If you can afford Express, an extra night, or Scream Early (in that order), would strongly encourage.
So I think the best idea (to fully enjoy my time and not rush maze to maze) would be to purchase express. I do know that express lines get backed up sometimes so I was wondering if express would give us enough time to get done with all 10 mazes and still have time for the shows and scare zones. Also, I only see one express option on the tickets page and am wondering if that’s unlimited express or one-per-maze express.

Can I utilize Stay and Scream if I have a 1-day 1-park ticket but choose to attend Islands of Adventure?

No, Stay and Scream is only for those with a ticket to USF.

Yeah, you need a ticket for USF in order to utilize Stay and Scream, since you have to be inside the studios and in one of the Stay and Scream holding pens before the park closes.
So I think the best idea (to fully enjoy my time and not rush maze to maze) would be to purchase express. I do know that express lines get backed up sometimes so I was wondering if express would give us enough time to get done with all 10 mazes and still have time for the shows and scare zones. Also, I only see one express option on the tickets page and am wondering if that’s unlimited express or one-per-maze express.
You shouldn't have any problems seeing all ten houses with express, and there's only one option for express and that's once-per-maze AND once-per-ride that's open for the event. There's no unlimited express ticket option. (Technically an unlimited express does exist, but that's part of the private R.I.P tours.)

Last edited:

Five or so years ago, it was a no-brainer. Lately, you should be alright, but be ready to pivot all night long. It took the event a couple weeks to figure out how to work Express last year, so if an Express line looks bad, maybe skip it and try back later. But it's the surest option short of the actual guarantee of an RIP tour.

Also lately Express hasn't covered Nightmare Fuel, or maybe only covered the first showing. Assuming it returns, keep in mind waiting for that is a chunk of time in and of itself. You can't walk up 5 minutes before showtime and expect to get it (might if you get lucky, but it was rare last year).

Yeah, you need a ticket for USF in order to utilize Stay and Scream, since you have to be inside the studios and in one of the Stay and Scream holding pens before the park closes.

You shouldn't have any problems seeing all ten houses with express, and there's only one option for express and that's once-per-maze AND once-per-ride that's open for the event. There's no unlimited express ticket option. (Technically an unlimited express does exist, but that's part of the private R.I.P tours.)
There is an unlimited Express, there has been for many years

Five or so years ago, it was a no-brainer. Lately, you should be alright, but be ready to pivot all night long. It took the event a couple weeks to figure out how to work Express last year, so if an Express line looks bad, maybe skip it and try back later. But it's the surest option short of the actual guarantee of an RIP tour.

Also lately Express hasn't covered Nightmare Fuel, or maybe only covered the first showing. Assuming it returns, keep in mind waiting for that is a chunk of time in and of itself. You can't walk up 5 minutes before showtime and expect to get it (might if you get lucky, but it was rare last year).
Yeah so what I’m understanding is without express, I would have to prioritize Stay and Scream (which I can’t do) and be on the move until the park closes without any breaks, especially because I’m going opening weekend. It looks like express is the safe option to ensure everything gets done and the experience is not rushed.

I've heard people say this. But I don't know anyone who has ever been able to get it. And when I've asked about it at the parks, they say it doesn't exist
I don’t know who you’re asking in the parks but they’re lying to you. Here’s one of mine from last year…

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    581.3 KB · Views: 35
I've heard people say this. But I don't know anyone who has ever been able to get it. And when I've asked about it at the parks, they say it doesn't exist
Got one I think in 2018 or 2019, had to buy it at one of the stands in the park during the event. Never seen them available on the website.

Got one I think in 2018 or 2019, had to buy it at one of the stands in the park during the event. Never seen them available on the website.
That’s right, they don’t sell them online and they only sell them in person on the day. It really is the best thing ever. Although some of the exit walks last year limited it slightly, as I had to walk 60 thousand miles back to the house entrance

Yeah so what I’m understanding is without express, I would have to prioritize Stay and Scream (which I can’t do) and be on the move until the park closes without any breaks, especially because I’m going opening weekend. It looks like express is the safe option to ensure everything gets done and the experience is not rushed.
Why can’t you Stay and Scream?

That’s right, they don’t sell them online and they only sell them in person on the day. It really is the best thing ever. Although some of the exit walks last year limited it slightly, as I had to walk 60 thousand miles back to the house entrance
So how much does the unlimited typically cost compared to the one time?

I have a 1-day 1-park ticket and am going to use it for Islands of Adventure and others in this forum have said that I wouldn’t be able to be inside USF by 5:00pm if I choose IoA.
Yeah, but you can get the scream early pass. Trust me, the move is to get in as early as possible. Get several houses done. Lay low and see shows from 7:30-10:30 (give or take). Do the rest from 10:30 to close. Shoot, go back to IOA from 7:30 until it closes.

Yeah, but you can get the scream early pass. Trust me, the move is to get in as early as possible. Get several houses done. Lay low and see shows from 7:30-10:30 (give or take). Do the rest from 10:30 to close. Shoot, go back to IOA from 7:30 until it closes.
Just so I’m understanding correctly, you think I should get the Scream Early pass instead of express and I would still be able to finish all 10 houses (even if taking a break from 7:30-10:30pm). I am going on the first Sunday during opening weekend so would that plan still work? My ideal scenario is to go through all 10 mazes (once each) and have time to enjoy all 5 scare zones.

Just so I’m understanding correctly, you think I should get the Scream Early pass instead of express and I would still be able to finish all 10 houses (even if taking a break from 7:30-10:30pm). I am going on the first Sunday during opening weekend so would that plan still work? My ideal scenario is to go through all 10 mazes (once each) and have time to enjoy all 5 scare zones.
Get Express. If you’re going one night it’s the only way to have a chance of enjoying it all.

Do express too. Take it easy when crowds are at their peak. Be ready to roll from 11-2 when waits steadily decrease. At some point, you’ll only be limited by how fast you can walk the queues.

Do express too. Take it easy when crowds are at their peak. Be ready to roll from 11-2 when waits steadily decrease. At some point, you’ll only be limited by how fast you can walk the queues.
How low do the maze lines get to around 11-2 (opening night)? Also, how long can express lines get to during peak times?