Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe this hasn't even been discussed yet. New F13 movie set to come out next year.

I guess y'all were too busy speculating on the Grinch and Cocaine Bear to notice actual legit speculation. lol But seriously if they do Jason, you think they'll try Freddy as well? They've never featured Jason without Freddy before at both Hollywood and Orlando. They go together like salt and pepper.

EDIT TO ADD: Chucky, Jason, and Freddy would be a marketing goldmine of a trio right there. Add Ghostface and you got yourself a lot of sold out nights right there

There were some talks about Friday the 13th, but as much the rights are too much of a mess right now for Universal, It might not be with Elm Street if it were to happen in the next few years, but I doubt we’d see another crossover with Jason and Freddy on the same year again like 17 and 25.

Yeah, I’ve been hearing that occasionally, but most fans of the franchise felt It was mostly meant to be its own entity that borderlines the series.

guitar freddy for HHN 2023

eoBXv3Y.gif

I can't believe this hasn't even been discussed yet. New F13 movie set to come out next year.

I guess y'all were too busy speculating on the Grinch and Cocaine Bear to notice actual legit speculation. lol But seriously if they do Jason, you think they'll try Freddy as well? They've never featured Jason without Freddy before at both Hollywood and Orlando. They go together like salt and pepper.

EDIT TO ADD: Chucky, Jason, and Freddy would be a marketing goldmine of a trio right there. Add Ghostface and you got yourself a lot of sold out nights right there

thank you simulation

xI8YRAq.gif

Never say never but I'd be pretty surprised if they trotted out some combination of Chucky/Jason/Freddy/Leatherface/Ghostface/Other Slasher Icon all in one event for a second time. That time felt like it was something they probably wanted for a while and once they were able to have that carnival of slashers, they moved on to other things. Once every now and then to drum up interest in a classic makes sense but going full steam in one event would be super surprising to me.

I love Jason the most so I'd be hyped to see him return but I'll believe his projects actually turn into anything when there's filming and actual footage coming out.

I honestly wouldn’t look to into that. It seems like he said that before the crystal lake series was announced and there was no official announcement. If I’ve learned anything from the horror community over the years is these movies get stuck in development hell for years. Not saying it won’t release next year just wouldn’t be 100% sure it is.

As for right now with the IP’s, they’re going with the ones that have an easier access. A series of the Monsters houses is the most noticeable trend that is happening at the event; The Exorcist and Insidious both have possibilities of coming back in some form cause of Universal’s strong, friendly connection to Blumhouse and either of those IP’s could go either way/both; Lionsgate is so far the only film company I could think of outside of Universal that is open about HHN the most, gets it and could bring Saw back; and while WB is a bit of a stretch but I would argue Elm Street is currently their horror IP that gets the series the most with no issues on the rights unlike Friday the 13th.

Winter houses are usually pretty beautiful, especially after seeing Dead Man’s Pier. That Krampus Boutique in Islands has some fun elements for the Holiday season. You know what, tis the season for this idea; let’s do a Christmas Original for 32.

I actually see NOES as my possible IP wildcard. Most will say Chucky is the Slasher representative for next year, but It’s based on a TV series which is what It will also represent as an alternative to Stranger Things (and other Netflix shows). I think you could do two slasher-themed houses IP wise if it’s a slightly different bill, and Elm Street never had Its own show on television.
Silence of the Lambs is my wildcard IP.
As for right now with the IP’s, they’re going with the ones that have an easier access. A series of the Monsters houses is the most noticeable trend that is happening at the event; The Exorcist and Insidious both have possibilities of coming back in some form cause of Universal’s strong, friendly connection to Blumhouse and either of those IP’s could go either way/both; Lionsgate is so far the only film company I could think of outside of Universal that is open about HHN the most, gets it and could bring Saw back; and while WB is a bit of a stretch but I would argue Elm Street is currently their horror IP that gets the series the most with no issues on the rights unlike Friday the 13th.
My only problem with NoES is that Parque Warner uses it for their Halloween event. They've been using Freddy for a few years now and I just don't see how WB would allow Universal to use NoES when they have their own Freddy house. Maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't matter that WB is using it for Halloween Scary Nights? :shrug:

Silence of the Lambs is my wildcard IP.

My only problem with NoES is that Parque Warner uses it for their Halloween event. They've been using Freddy for a few years now and I just don't see how WB would allow Universal to use NoES when they have their own Freddy house. Maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't matter that WB is using it for Halloween Scary Nights? :shrug:

I think that’s just a regional thing. None of the countries in Europe have a Universal park, so I don’t see competition between that and them cause Warner couldn’t if they were to build a park with a similar quality somewhere at California and Florida, which could be the reasons why they go with licensing instead as their way of being in the amusement park business in the US like Six Flags’ use of DC and Looney Tunes other than Potter at all of the Universal Parks.

Last edited:
Winter houses are usually pretty beautiful, especially after seeing Dead Man’s Pier. That Krampus Boutique in Islands has some fun elements for the Holiday season. You know what, tis the season for this idea; let’s do a Christmas Original for 32.

Grinch. I'm not even joking.
It's a uni property, just don't make it gory. Make it a comedy house. I know Grinch is for Christmas but create a house based on his mountain and stealing the presents
It just follow him Carrey's movie
Avoid any gore or violence, have it be about Grinch terrorizing the citizens. Stealing Christmas. I'm surprised they never did this.
Make it colorful.

It's a uni property, just don't make it gory. Make it a comedy house. I know Grinch is for Christmas but create a house based on his mountain and stealing the presents
I've been wanting a Grinch house for YEARS, but there's no way it would ever get approved. I don't even think The Mean One will ever happen.

The only thing they might be able to get away with is a spoof of the Grinch. A giant green monster that kills a bunch of people on Christmas Eve lol.

Avoid any gore or violence, have it be about Grinch terrorizing the citizens. Stealing Christmas. I'm surprised they never did this.
Make it colorful.
Same issue as Scooby Doo, maybe even worse. The event would need to figure out a way to market what would be a headliner IP that is mostly associated with children in a way where it is clear that the event is not for children. People are stupid lol

I've been wanting a Grinch house for YEARS, but there's no way it would ever get approved. I don't even think The Mean One will ever happen.

The only thing they might be able to get away with is a spoof of the Grinch. A giant green monster that kills a bunch of people on Christmas Eve lol.
Same issue as Scooby Doo, maybe even worse. The event would need to figure out a way to market what would be a headliner IP that is mostly associated with children in a way where it is clear that the event is not for children. People are stupid lol

You just have to avoid gore. Make it like Beetlejuice or Ghostbusters.
A Scooby-Doo or Grinch house in the style of Beetlejuice would work well. People know that the event is horror. I doubt a random family would enter hhn without knowing what it is just for Grinch lol.
The only problem I see any gore. But Beetlejuice didn't have any

Tbh I really only seeing a Grinch house working as a dramatically toned-down “Christmas haunt” during the holiday season. Just have a house themed to the Grinch’s lair but have it to where he harasses and terrorizes whos without the violence and gore. Even then I don’t see that as being worth the extra $$$ to do for the holidays unless they were able to quickly convert an existing house for the year into such.

Eh the more I write this the more lame it sounds. I find it hilarious how for HHN 29 we went from “Oh no! The event is getting too kiddish and family friendly!” to “Hey how can we make this children’s IP work for HHN? I think The Grinch, Scooby Doo, and Cocaine Bear would make a great line up!”

Tbh I really only seeing a Grinch house working as a dramatically toned-down “Christmas haunt” during the holiday season. Just have a house themed to the Grinch’s lair but have it to where he harasses and terrorizes whos without the violence and gore. Even then I don’t see that as being worth the extra $$$ to do for the holidays unless they were able to quickly convert an existing house for the year into such.

Eh the more I write this the more lame it sounds. I find it hilarious how for HHN 29 we went from “Oh no! The event is getting too kiddish and family friendly!” to “Hey how can we make this children’s IP work for HHN? I think The Grinch, Scooby Doo, and Cocaine Bear would make a great line up!”
Sure, Scooby-Doo and Cocaine Bear are silly IPs, but I honestly believe both of those would be interesting to see.

Grinch is a whole other level of ridiculous when it comes to IPs at HHN. Just give me The Mean One and I'll be happy lol.

You’re not getting The Grinch. The idea shouldn’t even be entertained.
Yeah, I'm aware.

To get off the Grinch train, Insidious Chapter 5 is set to release next July. It's a pretty popular franchise and I believe it's time for HHN to revisit it. I'd imagine it being a "best of" house.

Status
Not open for further replies.