Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would even go as far as to say if such an idea were attempted or pitched to Seuss estate, they'd either get laughed out of the building or Seuss Landing would immediately be pulled.. wasn't there an issue with the Seuss estate in the IOA years of HHN?

"Although Seuss Landing was modified at Universal's Islands of Adventure's Halloween Horror Nights during 2002, Boo-Ville was the only island that wasn't really scary, as Dr. Seuss's widow, Audrey Geisel, forbid Universal to turn her husband's family-friendly world into a world of fear. If Universal ignored her, Audrey would threaten to end Universal's partnership with Dr. Seuss bibliography if they did anything frightening with the area."

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Darko
I love this forum and I think you guys are great. But weren't y'all fearing this event going family friendly just a few years ago? So much so that Legacy trolled y'all with the "Come See the Spooky" tagline? And now you are wanting Scooby-Doo and Grinch houses?

W…T…F…

And honestly every time I see HHN is going family friendly post on Reddit (HHN subreddit is pretty bad honestly) and every one mentions toddler's and kids at the event not scared by the scare-actors and the actors even playing around with them, I just think, "You should've seen Treaks & Foons back at 2002". Seriously that year had Marvel and Fear Factor on top of that. Come on, people.

Crazy idea here but maybe the people upset about the event becoming too family friendly aren't the same people who want a Scooby Doo house?
Doesn't matter honestly. Those IPs don't belong at HHN as far as I am concerned. It's asking for trouble. Just my two cents.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I love this forum and I think you guys are great. But weren't y'all fearing this event going family friendly just a few years ago? So much so that Legacy trolled y'all with the "Come See the Spooky" tagline? And now you are wanting Scooby-Doo and Grinch houses?

W…T…F…

And honestly every time I see HHN is going family friendly post on Reddit (HHN subreddit is pretty bad honestly) and every one mentions toddler's and kids at the event not scared by the scare-actors and the actors even playing around with them, I just think, "You should've seen Treaks & Foons back at 2002". Seriously that year had Marvel and Fear Factor on top of that. Come on, people.
Um, no. I don't fear that at all.
Crazy idea here but maybe the people upset about the event becoming too family friendly aren't the same people who want a Scooby Doo house?
Can't speak for others here, but I'm not upset about that at all.

The Grinch house has as much chance as getting a Mickey Mouse house.

*Looks at the public domain year for the earliest Mickey cartoons*

In case the copyright policy doesn’t extend, things will get crazier and interesting in the next few years. Not underestimating the lawyers. But….

Last edited:
Seems some here don't exactly read carefully. I wasn't saying ALL of you are like that. But I've seen some of you be hypocritical about it. But honestly this was more a light-hearted jab anyway.

However my other point was more pointing out people ranting about HHN being family friendly as if it's a new thing that the old days didn't have. There were plenty of super young kids playing around with scare-actors way back in the "dark and grim" days.

All that said, I just wouldn't expect a Scooby house. If you want one, that's fine. I'm not saying you're wrong for wanting one. I just don't think it's a good idea. If it happens, I won't complain, and would obviously go through it cause I'd love to see how they'd do it. But there you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHNSK
Just some speculation for the speculation thread-

Chucky is confirmed.
With Saw X coming out, I would say Saw is an easy lock-in for this year.
3rd, I'd say it's practically a guarantee that we'll get a Universal Monster house. By total happenstance, there's a strong parallel to 2009, the year with the Usher.

My guess is, with 2 Dracula movies coming out from Universal, we'll get a Dracula IP and then a Universal Monsters house that doesn't include Dracula.

Which funny enough, would be an inverse of 2009 where the Wolfman was the IP and Dracula/Frankenstein were the originals.

I know that the Conjuring became the Hive and they were shooting for the Nun at one point. What do you guys think the over/under is on a Nun 2 house?

Just some speculation for the speculation thread-

Chucky is confirmed.
With Saw X coming out, I would say Saw is an easy lock-in for this year.
3rd, I'd say it's practically a guarantee that we'll get a Universal Monster house. By total happenstance, there's a strong parallel to 2009, the year with the Usher.

My guess is, with 2 Dracula movies coming out from Universal, we'll get a Dracula IP and then a Universal Monsters house that doesn't include Dracula.

Which funny enough, would be an inverse of 2009 where the Wolfman was the IP and Dracula/Frankenstein were the originals.

I know that the Conjuring became the Hive and they were shooting for the Nun at one point. What do you guys think the over/under is on a Nun 2 house?
Saw does have a fairly good shot at showing up, but I think it needs to be upgraded to a Parade Building or possibly a Soundstage.

Could take that strong parallel and make it even stronger by throwing in Cleaver 2. With all the representation it has gotten in the last couple of years, it just doesn't make sense to keep holding off on a sequel/prequel or even a requel.

I only see Nun ever getting a stand-alone house if Nun 2 isn't a flop. Even then, a Conjuring Universe house would be more likely.

Last edited:
Off topic but with the new Strangers trilogy under a new releasing brand Lionsgate for next year with 3 movies, there’s a possibility we could both see Saw as a House and the Strangers as a scarezone to promote the films. Since Lionsgate is easily obtainable.

I actually do remember seeing the Strangers at the very end of Cabin In The Woods along with Easter eggs of Jack and the Caretaker at 23, but were those characters also there at 19?

I actually do remember seeing the Strangers at the very end of Cabin In The Woods along with Easter eggs of Jack and the Caretaker at 23, but were those characters also there at 19?
They were featured in silver screams as a short part of the house in the middle. That’s what I’ve read.

They were featured in silver screams as a short part of the house in the middle. That’s what I’ve read.
Correct. They were also featured in the Horrorwood Die-In scarezone that year.

Example from the HHN Wiki:

Screenshot_2020-08-14_On_This_Date_Archives_%E2%80%93_The_HHN_Yearbook%285%29.png

Reactions: Blysthon
Strangers house needs to happen like yesterday

Please no more Saw

Same here. I think the idea of Saw as a house doesn’t look and felt like it was that well executed cause what makes the series scary in its own right is when you become a victim of Jigsaw and his “games” with risks by torturing yourself to escape and survive. Walking through a house based on the series felt like if you were invited by him to go on a tour in his hideout.

What’s so great about the Strangers? The creative team for 2009 even stated that they put the Strangers in Silver Screams because they didn’t feel it could stand as a house on its own.

I think SAW could work well as a stage show or extreme house.

Reactions: ghostie
What’s so great about the Strangers? The creative team for 2009 even stated that they put the Strangers in Silver Screams because they didn’t feel it could stand as a house on its own.

I think SAW could work well as a stage show or extreme house.
There’s more Room to work with the new Trilogy coming out. Plus the new trilogy will be expanding the world of the strangers as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.