Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I really only seeing a Grinch house working as a dramatically toned-down “Christmas haunt” during the holiday season. Just have a house themed to the Grinch’s lair but have it to where he harasses and terrorizes whos without the violence and gore. Even then I don’t see that as being worth the extra $$$ to do for the holidays unless they were able to quickly convert an existing house for the year into such.

Eh the more I write this the more lame it sounds. I find it hilarious how for HHN 29 we went from “Oh no! The event is getting too kiddish and family friendly!” to “Hey how can we make this children’s IP work for HHN? I think The Grinch, Scooby Doo, and Cocaine Bear would make a great line up!”
I love this forum and I think you guys are great. But weren't y'all fearing this event going family friendly just a few years ago? So much so that Legacy trolled y'all with the "Come See the Spooky" tagline? And now you are wanting Scooby-Doo and Grinch houses?

W…T…F…

And honestly every time I see HHN is going family friendly post on Reddit (HHN subreddit is pretty bad honestly) and every one mentions toddler's and kids at the event not scared by the scare-actors and the actors even playing around with them, I just think, "You should've seen Treaks & Foons back at 2002". Seriously that year had Marvel and Fear Factor on top of that. Come on, people.
Crazy idea here but maybe the people upset about the event becoming too family friendly aren't the same people who want a Scooby Doo house?
Doesn't matter honestly. Those IPs don't belong at HHN as far as I am concerned. It's asking for trouble. Just my two cents.

i understand grinch cant happen, i get the reasons why,
but its like, after almost having billie eilish at hhn, anything can work for hhn. the Weeknd proved that any property can work successfully for hhn. any artist/any movie it its transferred successfully. my grinch comment was a reply about having a christmas styled house. but now i understand why that cant happen. how many people were mad about the weeknd announcement and ended up loving the house

we had rumors of gremlins and five nights at freddys too, so technically GREMLINS would count as a christmas house. that could work too

i understand grinch cant happen, i get the reasons why,
but its like, after almost having billie eilish at hhn, anything can work for hhn. the Weeknd proved that any property can work successfully for hhn. any artist/any movie it its transferred successfully. my grinch comment was a reply about having a christmas styled house. but now i understand why that cant happen. how many people were mad about the weeknd announcement and ended up loving the house

we had rumors of gremlins and five nights at freddys too, so technically GREMLINS would count as a christmas house. that could work too

No. Not anything can work for HHN. Any one that complained about Weeknd wasn’t paying attention or just refused to listen.

I'm firmly on team Scooby - I think it could translate really well, similarly to Ghostbustrs or Beetlejuice as someone else said previously. Seeing all the iconic Scooby monsters would be really, really cool.

As far as Saw - I like the franchise but I honestly don't want to see it back. I feel like that is something that DOESN'T translate to an HHN environment. Honestly, I feel like Saw could be a fun zone though.

I'm firmly on team Scooby - I think it could translate really well, similarly to Ghostbustrs or Beetlejuice as someone else said previously. Seeing all the iconic Scooby monsters would be really, really cool.

The problem isn’t about translation, and never was. It’s having a children’s show in an “older” skewing event. It presents issues for marketing, merch, and ultimately, what the IP holder wants. Remember when Ghostbusters wasn’t on the house shirt for 29? Wasn’t because they forgot it. *looks at House of 1000 Corpses*

I always find It funny how everyone complained about Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice for being too kid-friendly to be at the event yet they’ve changed their minds, wanting other certain IP’s to be there and some turning down the ideas. For the IP’s that are under the “Family” umbrella, I think The Munsters (the TV series) and the Addams Family (not the Netflix series) are a must and the most likely. Both of them have a pretty good shot In the future years from now.

I get the Grinch will never happen, but that was only mentioned for the laughs and the “WTF” factor since The Mean Once made headlines on the internet. Gremlins has some potential, but I am wondering how much WB could get It very well right now. Scooby does sound like a fun idea, but the controversies of the Velma series probably made Comcast/Universal walk a few steps back.

I always find It funny how everyone complained about Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice for being too kid-friendly to be at the event yet they’ve changed their minds, wanting other certain IP’s to be there and some turning down the ideas. For the IP’s that are under the “Family” umbrella, I think The Munsters (the TV series) and the Addams Family (not the Netflix series) are a must and the most likely. Both of them have a pretty good shot In the future years from now.

I get the Grinch will never happen, but that was only mentioned for the laughs and the “WTF” factor since The Mean Once made headlines on the internet. Gremlins has some potential, but I am wondering how much WB could get It very well right now. Scooby does sound like a fun idea, but the controversies of the Velma series probably made Comcast/Universal walk a few steps back.
Idk if Wednesday can come to the event because of Netflix but I wouldn’t be surprised if they do the Addams family movie or show, that way they can still have version of Wednesday at the event

I don’t think a Scooby Doo house could work at all but I could see them pulling out a stage show themed to the Hex Girls from the Witch’s Ghost.

As far as Saw - I like the franchise but I honestly don't want to see it back. I feel like that is something that DOESN'T translate to an HHN environment. Honestly, I feel like Saw could be a fun zone though.
I'm on that team as well. I loved Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice, so I'm all for a Scooby-Doo house.

27's house was basically like a viewing gallery of the traps lol. There were some cool scenes here and there, but it was mostly just looking at people stuck in traps. If they could somehow steer away from that, then Saw could make for a great house. I'd imagine a Saw zone where there are small stages with people in the traps, and of course, they put on a mini show with them trying to escape. Would be cool to see a bunch of pigmen roaming.

Just some speculation for the speculation thread-

Chucky is confirmed.
With Saw X coming out, I would say Saw is an easy lock-in for this year.
3rd, I'd say it's practically a guarantee that we'll get a Universal Monster house. By total happenstance, there's a strong parallel to 2009, the year with the Usher.

My guess is, with 2 Dracula movies coming out from Universal, we'll get a Dracula IP and then a Universal Monsters house that doesn't include Dracula.

Which funny enough, would be an inverse of 2009 where the Wolfman was the IP and Dracula/Frankenstein were the originals.

I know that the Conjuring became the Hive and they were shooting for the Nun at one point. What do you guys think the over/under is on a Nun 2 house?
The main location for the new season of Chucky is a private religious reform school. I don’t see both in the same year.

I'm on that team as well. I loved Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice, so I'm all for a Scooby-Doo house.

27's house was basically like a viewing gallery of the traps lol. There were some cool scenes here and there, but it was mostly just looking at people stuck in traps. If they could somehow steer away from that, then Saw could make for a great house. I'd imagine a Saw zone where there are small stages with people in the traps, and of course, they put on a mini show with them trying to escape. Would be cool to see a bunch of pigmen roaming.
I'd be fully on-board for a Saw zone. Could have a similar setup to Vanity Ball.

I'm gong to be interested to see if they would continue using Lil Boo on merch or in Marketing. Especially with how Earl the Squirrel has become synonymous with the Christmas celebrations at this point.

I'm gong to be interested to see if they would continue using Lil Boo on merch or in Marketing. Especially with how Earl the Squirrel has become synonymous with the Christmas celebrations at this point.

I know overall themes for the event are usually one of the last things to expect now, but you could implement Lil Boo in different ways, coloring and styles to keep it fresh, since HHN is always drastically different every year unlike all the other events at the Universal parks. For example: If the overall theme for next year is death, then that character could be white instead of orange as a reference to a skull.

Status
Not open for further replies.