Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights Auditions

Where should you go to audition on property if you got one? I haven’t seen them post any info about that yet.
Human Resources in the Team Member parking lot. It’s right off Turkey Lake and Vineland. You’ll see the large parking garage and will want to turn in before the gas station.

Human Resources in the Team Member parking lot. It’s right off Turkey Lake and Vineland. You’ll see the large parking garage and will want to turn in before the gas station.
Thanks! Is it good to bring a headshot and resume with you or not required because all of that is already on file?

Thanks! Is it good to bring a headshot and resume with you or not required because all of that is already on file?
As mentioned, don't bring it they won't take it. Just bring yourself (preferably dressed in clothing) and a smile. Sometimes the HR building is a meat locker so I suggest possibly bringing a sweater.

Hi everyone! I was invited to set up an audition date and time last week and I had a couple questions. This is my first time ever auditioning for HHN so I don’t really know what to expect, but I am super excited!!
1. What should I wear to the audition?
2. When do you hear back if you are casted?

Hi everyone! I was invited to set up an audition date and time last week and I had a couple questions. This is my first time ever auditioning for HHN so I don’t really know what to expect, but I am super excited!!
Wear normal clothes and you normally hear back within a few weeks, sometimes days.

If they are already casting all over the place now, what are the chances I get something? I probably shouldn’t get my hopes up right?
That was only internal Universal hire auditions/reuinions. Many of them didn't even get cast. It's not about how many HHNs you've done or any of that stuff, it's if you have the look they need for one of their characters. Sure they've started casting, but they'll likely be casting all the way up into August. Just go in there and answer their question (your name and then something like favorite halloween candy). The answer doesn't matter. They are simply looking at YOU.

Basically, no one has any edge over any one else unless you have a really unique look.

That was only internal Universal hire auditions/reuinions. Many of them didn't even get cast. It's not about how many HHNs you've done or any of that stuff, it's if you have the look they need for one of their characters. Sure they've started casting, but they'll likely be casting all the way up into August. Just go in there and answer their question (your name and then something like favorite halloween candy). The answer doesn't matter. They are simply looking at YOU.

Basically, no one has any edge over any one else unless you have a really unique look.
Thank you so much for your advice! Fingers crossed that I fit what they are looking for!

1. Wear comfy clothes but nothing baggy, if you have tattoos (arms or legs) try and wear something that shows them.
2. You may hear back the same day, or within a couple of days. They are casting up until the start of the event so as long as you don't get a 'No' e-mail, no news is good news.

1. Wear comfy clothes but nothing baggy, if you have tattoos (arms or legs) try and wear something that shows them.
2. You may hear back the same day, or within a couple of days. They are casting up until the start of the event so as long as you don't get a 'No' e-mail, no news is good news.
Wow I didn’t realize that some people could hear back within the same day. My friend told me that the longer you go without a congratulations email the less likely you are to get one, but I didn’t think that was true because like you said no news is good news. I also currently work at Universal so I really hope I can transfer into this role.

Wow I didn’t realize that some people could hear back within the same day. My friend told me that the longer you go without a congratulations email the less likely you are to get one, but I didn’t think that was true because like you said no news is good news. I also currently work at Universal so I really hope I can transfer into this role.
With the changes they made this year, no one actually does hear back same day. They may call you back into the room after the brief type-out audition though. Normally the reason for that is to ask if you are comfortable doing certain things like working a chainsaw or whatever.

Also, even if you do get an email that says "you're no longer in consideration" there's still a decent chance that you end up getting cast as long as the email also specifies that they will keep your info on-file. If it's a straight up no, then they won't circle back to you. It happens every year where people don't get cast initially and then come in either right before the event starts or even mid-run.

If you're internal it'll take longer to hear back, usually. Took me 3 weeks to get my e-mail.

If you're a current TM you'll definitely need to make sure you get your Eligibility Form signed by your manager and have that with you when you go to audition, otherwise they will turn you away. I've only been in my current job for less than 3 months and my managers released me to work the event full-time, it also helps that my managers seems obsessed with HHN.

If you're internal it'll take longer to hear back, usually. Took me 3 weeks to get my e-mail.

If you're a current TM you'll definitely need to make sure you get your Eligibility Form signed by your manager and have that with you when you go to audition, otherwise they will turn you away. I've only been in my current job for less than 3 months and my managers released me to work the event full-time, it also helps that my managers seems obsessed with HHN.

I’m getting my Eligibility Form signed on Friday. When you say it takes longer to hear back if you’re internal, do you mean it takes longer to hear back if you were casted or longer to hear back if you got an audition? It took me two weeks to hear back that I got an audition and even that felt like forever. This all feels like one big waiting game lol.

It really doesn’t take longer if internal. I know a slew of internals (actively work in a different department than entertainment) who have already heard yes’s and no’s.

I do have another general question though for whoever wants to answer it. For availability I marked one day during the run that I wouldn’t be available (my birthday) and after I submitted my availability it said that I would have a chance to update it at the audition. So my question is, would marking one day as unavailable hurt my chances? Should I change my availability to fully available at the audition?

I do have another general question though for whoever wants to answer it. For availability I marked one day during the run that I wouldn’t be available (my birthday) and after I submitted my availability it said that I would have a chance to update it at the audition. So my question is, would marking one day as unavailable hurt my chances? Should I change my availability to fully available at the audition?
That shouldn't effect you being cast, and if it's an issue for casting and they are interested in possibly casting you they will usually ask you during the audition if you can take a different day off or just not take it off all together. I was going to ask for a few random days off but decided to go with full availability and if I need a day off I have points to use, but that's something I hope to avoid doing.

It really doesn’t take longer if internal. I know a slew of internals (actively work in a different department than entertainment) who have already heard yes’s and no’s.
I guess I'm special then because it took me longer than the other internals I know to hear back, hah hah! But the general rule is if you're internal you don't hear back as quickly as someone who's non-internal but that doesn't always mean you're waiting forever, and this year they've been quick with casting emails. There's still people who auditioned about a month ago who are still waiting on emails.

That shouldn't effect you being cast, and if it's an issue for casting and they are interested in possibly casting you they will usually ask you during the audition if you can take a different day off or just not take it off all together. I was going to ask for a few random days off but decided to go with full availability and if I need a day off I have points to use, but that's something I hope to avoid doing.

I guess I'm special then because it took me longer than the other internals I know to hear back, hah hah! But the general rule is if you're internal you don't hear back as quickly as someone who's non-internal but that doesn't always mean you're waiting forever, and this year they've been quick with casting emails. There's still people who auditioned about a month ago who are still waiting on emails.
I’ve auditioned as a internal transfer as well as another friend for many years and we always have heard back the same time as the rest of the people we auditioned with.

I’ve auditioned as a internal transfer as well as another friend for many years and we always have heard back the same time as the rest of the people we auditioned with.
That's really awesome because the anticipation is killer when you've got to wait weeks or months to hear back.
I know a ton of internals who heard back within 24-48 hours of their auditions, but as I stated before there's still a lot of internals who auditioned a month ago and still have heard nothing, some still haven't even gotten their audition invites yet.

That's really awesome because the anticipation is killer when you've got to wait weeks or months to hear back.
I know a ton of internals who heard back within 24-48 hours of their auditions, but as I stated before there's still a lot of internals who auditioned a month ago and still have heard nothing, some still haven't even gotten their audition invites yet.

I hope I’m one of the internals that hears back within 24-48 hours of my audition lol. I got my eligibility form signed yesterday, so I’m all ready to go!