Halloween Horror Nights During Halloween? | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights During Halloween?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 21, 2011
Cafe 80's
Hey guys!:wave: With ticket sales now up for HHN I'm in the process of planning a trip to attend the event for the fifth time, but this year I was planning on going during Halloween. I just wanted to get a general consensus of how busy it normally is during Halloween. Would I need to buy an express pass or could I manage without it? It also falls on a Friday this year, would that have an affect on the attendance as well? Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

Drew would be the best person to ask as that's his weekend, but I know in the past it's been generally slow. However it seems in recent years, it's been busier.

I went Halloween Night in 2008 and 2009 and I was able to hit up every house 2-3 times.

I always attend the final weekend. As Brian said, a few years ago, Halloween was typically dead. Back in 2010 it was a madhouse. It's really a crapshoot. Personally, between it being Halloween and it being a Friday night, I'd expect medium sized crowds.

If you're only going that one night, I'd certainly play it safe and get an express pass. That's me personally. As the event gets closer, you'll be able to get a better idea of how the event is handling crowds and if express is necessary. You'll also surely have our guide that will be published around the start of the event.

Thank you guys for the quick and helpful responses!! I'll take your word for it and get the express pass just to be safe since I'll only be attending it for that one night and I'll also be looking out for the OU guide at the beginning of haunt season! Thanks again guys!

With actual Halloween falling on a Friday, I'd count on there being relatively light crowds again. Damn near literally every bar in town will be doing something that night, with some offering not insignificant cash prizes. Never underestimate the desire of girls to dress up (or guys to see girls dress up). And anyone with kids is stuck trick-or-treating. Throw in the fact you won't have the final B&T crowd until Saturday night, and I expect it to be a fairly low key night. However, the weekend before will probably be the sell-outs if there are any this year.

I went on Halloween in 2011 and it was dead...didnt even get to the park until about 10 or 10:30 and yet got every house done twice. It was a week night, Tuesday or Wednesday if I remember right....