Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was pretty busy last night, all the houses were consistently at 75-90 minute waits. Had a hell of a run in Hades last night oh man. Also can someone post the house and scarezone of the week winners since the start of the event please.

Last night was actually disappointing, but I don't mean that in an overly negative way. It's just that we've had some really, really incredible nights, so the massive crowds, drunks, and a couple of "meh" house run-throughs made it seem worse than it normally would. But that was more than made up for by the good run-throughs. I'm really getting to love Cast B in Psychoscareapy, and although I love A in Catacombs, B is not far behind. It was one of the most crowded nights we've encountered so far this year (we've done almost every FF day, including Fridays because we have Plus).

I had a great time last night sharing HHN with my brother for his first time and everything in the event seemed a bit better as a whole to me. The casts in the houses all seemed to have their timing down pat, and my timing walking through them was great and even my least favorite houses seemed to leave more impressions on me.

Now to the one negative thing that put a bad taste on the event itself for me. After getting over the lack of FEAR all over the parks besides some audio snipits and the lantern references and just enoying the event for what we have this year....

I had an express wait going 30 plus min. That is beyond wrong to sell people that premium extra ticket and still have them wait that long. And there is no express time posted so at least if there was that one would know to avoid it. There clearly is not a very reasonable cap on the HHN Express pass sales. It really sucks to walk into something like that and have the express pass scanned only to realize you are actually going to wait about a half hour or more. That is hardly an express experience one pays upwards of 60 or so bucks for, and since one can only use it once you are now out of express for that house because its already scanned.

Poor guest experience there with many complaining. The greed took over at a certain point to just not put an appropriate cap.

To end on a positive note, as said earlier everything in the event's offerings were a bit better. I still did not bother to make it to the second Brushwood Show because I have seen his offerings elsewhere and Bill and Ted seem to have gotten some treatments that have made it a lot better than how I felt about it before, fun show, just not my favorite year (but after so many years one is going to have favorites)

Bravo to all casts, they were on fire last night.

Last edited:
It was pretty busy last night, all the houses were consistently at 75-90 minute waits. Had a hell of a run in Hades last night oh man. Also can someone post the house and scarezone of the week winners since the start of the event please.

I know first week was Hallow'd Past, second week Hades, third week Havoc. I don't know about the scarezones.

Glad you enjoyed Hades. :wave:

Unfortunately, Express just promises a shorter wait than what's posted for standby. There aren't any actual time guidelines that are set to get you through the line in a certain amount of time. It sucks but it happens. In 08, I waited 45 minutes in Express for Vampyr and ROTM had and Express wait of over an hour. The attendant there told us to come back.

I know first week was Hallow'd Past, second week Hades, third week Havoc. I don't know about the scarezones.

Glad you enjoyed Hades. :wave:

I've finally decided officially: Hades is my favorite house - Not just for this year, but all time :thumbs:

Just to shed some light on how busy last night was --- we waited 45 minutes in EXPRESS for Havoc.

I've finally decided officially: Hades is my favorite house - Not just for this year, but all time :thumbs:

Just to shed some light on how busy last night was --- we waited 45 minutes in EXPRESS for Havoc.

Wow 45 minutes? I'm sure there were people complaining a good bit, especially being a Sunday and normally a slow night too.

:lol: Don't they do that every year pretty much? They see that the tickets for Halloween weekend are slow so they add in the dates to pick up the amount of people in the park.

Uni reallty needs to put in a year round haunt as well, but thats another argument for a different thread.

On another note, I was hoping that they would have a preview to next years event sometime this week like they did last year.. I guess that ain't happening.

^When I came out of the Catacombs I saw the express line all the way back to the entrance and said no thanks, I came back to it later that night.

:lol: Don't they do that every year pretty much? They see that the tickets for Halloween weekend are slow so they add in the dates to pick up the amount of people in the park.

Uni reallty needs to put in a year round haunt as well, but thats another argument for a different thread.

On another note, I was hoping that they would have a preview to next years event sometime this week like they did last year.. I guess that ain't happening.

We were told that the "cookie" in the VIP lounge on thursday is something we cannot take home... like last week. Maybe there will be a teaser like last year.. just more limited :look: I could be speculating wrong though... it's happened :bang:

YAY, Now I can go to HHN after the UCF football game on sat!

I had a great time last night sharing HHN with my brother for his first time and everything in the event seemed a bit better as a whole to me. The casts in the houses all seemed to have their timing down pat, and my timing walking through them was great and even my least favorite houses seemed to leave more impressions on me.

Now to the one negative thing that put a bad taste on the event itself for me. After getting over the lack of FEAR all over the parks besides some audio snipits and the lantern references and just enoying the event for what we have this year....

I had an express wait going 30 plus min. That is beyond wrong to sell people that premium extra ticket and still have them wait that long. And there is no express time posted so at least if there was that one would know to avoid it. There clearly is not a very reasonable cap on the HHN Express pass sales. It really sucks to walk into something like that and have the express pass scanned only to realize you are actually going to wait about a half hour or more. That is hardly an express experience one pays upwards of 60 or so bucks for, and since one can only use it once you are now out of express for that house because its already scanned.

Poor guest experience there with many complaining. The greed took over at a certain point to just not put an appropriate cap.

To end on a positive note, as said earlier everything in the event's offerings were a bit better. I still did not bother to make it to the second Brushwood Show because I have seen his offerings elsewhere and Bill and Ted seem to have gotten some treatments that have made it a lot better than how I felt about it before, fun show, just not my favorite year (but after so many years one is going to have favorites)

Bravo to all casts, they were on fire last night.

They over sell the express and general admission every year, and add in the FFP+E.
When have you heard that either were sold out?

They actually did sell out in years past (both EPs and admission). The last time I remember for certain was 2007. Can't recall 2008, but 2009 they were definitely in oversell mode. Even when they sold out the regular EPs in 2007, they often sold the after 10 version later and also sometimes sold individual EPs where you chose the house (I loved those).

Last edited:
I was at 17, hell week, and was able to purchase them after the event started for $75 each if I wanted.
did not habve that much want...
That is what I like about the HOS passes they are good for the entire event and for which ever house you want. seven admissions.

I have so many things to say about this event! Being my first year, I didn't know what to expect, and I was given more than I'd heard of! I'll review everything later, but I must say that I have a huge new respect for HHN. :)

Just in Time for Halloween, Guests Can Take a Horrifying Glimpse at Two of This Year’s Most Popular Scarezones – HHN: 20 Years of Fear and Fear Revealed

WHAT: Universal Orlando Resort invites viewers to watch guests confront the haunts of Halloween Horror Nights XX live on www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/news_index.html. >From 10PM – 11PM ET on Friday, viewers will see guests walk the eerie streets of Universal Studios Florida and scream in horror as they become prey to menacing scareactors.

The live web stream will showcase highly-visual, entertaining and terrifying moments from inside the two highest guest-rated scarezones at this year’s event – HHN: 20 Years of Fear and Fear Revealed.

In HHN: 20 Years of Fear, guests encounter some of the most frightening characters from the past 19 years of Halloween Horror Nights, including blood-craving vampires and chainsaw-wielding maniacs. In Fear Revealed, guests are stalked by past Halloween Horror Nights icons – including Jack the Clown, the Caretaker, the Storyteller, the Usher and the Director – and they face Fear himself.

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort is the nation’s best, most intense Halloween event. This year’s event features all-new extreme content – eight horrifying haunted houses, six inescapable scarezones, two live shows and hundreds of frightening scareactors. Guests also face Fear, the mastermind behind Halloween Horror Nights.

Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights XX runs Wednesday, October 27 – Sunday, October 31. For more information, visit www.halloweenhorrornights.com.

WHEN: Live Stream from HHN: 20 Years of Fear and Fear Revealed Scarezones
Friday, October 29 from 10:00 – 11:00 PM ET

NOTES: Go to www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/news_index.html and click on the LIVE FEED button on the left side of the page