Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kind of off topic, but I'll be 18 by the 21st HHN and hopefully I could get down there by plane for a couple days in October. Can't wait to see the possibilities.

I guess it's a matter of the day you go

Seems that way.

There has been quite a bit of speculation over this years event. I'm happy to see my site (hhnrumors.com) already make it to these forums. As for the wikipedia page update, that would be quite an interesting event. In any case, Universal has been hard at work and this years event will be the one to remember. Today they updated their "sign up for spam" page (http://signup.universalstudios.com/form/651) but I must say that signing up for HHN updates is far from spam. The next major "update" will be Universal posting their park hours for the months of September and October. (http://www.universalorlando.com/cal...html&calendar=uo_park_hours&year=2010&month=9) Also be on the look out for more updates on my site, I've got quite a bit of info that I'll be posting throughout the year that will give you LOTS to speculate on.

As for the parade, I'm unsure how they will pull it off. My guess would be that it would take place on non-peak nights at the end of the night. That would help cut down on crowds and the "clusterf***" that are Universal parades. It would also give guests another reason to stay until closing. Also, just so everyone knows where I stand - I'm with CoCo but against the parade.

Every year they say it's an Event not to forget, and The Big Hype build Up is just to much. Nothing can ever live to that much hype. I will go ahead and put this down and see what you say.
Reunion Houses

Scream House
All Night Drive In
Psycho Scarepy
THe Thing

They will add a new Icon and with Out Roddy I don't think we will See a huge Jack presence

Scare Zones in Central Park, and were The Nazi thing was can't think of the name.

A area of past favorites to get pictures with like 16

A New Show were Rocky Horror Was.

And Rockitt will not run during the event.

They will connect WWOHP and Universal some way.

And, there will be lots and lots of bars and shot girls, really really drunk guests screaming out f bombs in the 8 hour lines, and me just wishing they'd cap attendance at the event to make it enjoyable. Same as every other year....

News from Screamscape:

Halloween Horror Nights 20 - (3/13/10) HHNRumors has some interesting news to share about HHN 20. Their sources seem to indicate that this year’s Bill & Ted Show may somehow make the move over to the T2/3D theater. Of course, this is a much smaller theater, but the idea is to use more than one cast and run more frequent shows throughout the night, as well as taking advantage of the T2/3D queue area. Interesting… very interesting… this could allow for a unique pre-show experience to be added to the story and flow of the show as well.
In other news I’ve heard that there is talk of adding some custom programming to the Hollywood Rockit for HHN, including special new audio tracks and lighting effects.

Star Trek Geek, I read that as well and found it interesting. I thought that Bill and Ted had an awesome preshow already tho with the whole replace swears with famous peoples names and what not but if they are gonna expand Bill and Ted and make it better I'm all for it as it was one of the best theme park shows I have ever seen.

From Screamscape:
"(3/16/10) According to the latest rumor at HHN Rumors, the throw-back theme for this year’s mazes is still alive and well, though instead of picking out one maze for the year, they may theme each maze as a taste of all the chaos that took place during that particular year’s event."

That could work... we'll see :shrug: I'm just hesitant to believe anything right now...

From Screamscape:
"(3/16/10) According to the latest rumor at HHN Rumors, the throw-back theme for this year’s mazes is still alive and well, though instead of picking out one maze for the year, they may theme each maze as a taste of all the chaos that took place during that particular year’s event."

That could work... we'll see :shrug: I'm just hesitant to believe anything right now...

I feel ya on that. I've got my source who told me everything in November and then all kinds of rumors coming in to the site. If even half of what i've heard is true, this will be the event to remember.

I feel ya on that. I've got my source who told me everything in November and then all kinds of rumors coming in to the site. If even half of what i've heard is true, this will be the event to remember.

I hope so! Don't get me wrong, please keep the info and rumors coming! It's exciting!! My issue lies with the whole reunion theme... either they shouldn't have done it in the past or they shouldn't be doing it again so soon. It just doesn't seem so special when they've had reunions before... but I have faith it will be pretty good anyways. What I enjoy the best is HHN's creativity and originality, so that's why it's a bit dissapointing to hear these rumors, but yeah, I'm looking forward to it no matter what ;)

I'm not a fan of this idea.

For example, if the house was HHN 18, I think people who have never been to the event before would get confused. One room you're on a spaceship, the next room you're in London with the Body Collectors, and then all the sudden you're in a bar with Creatures. I don't know.

It'd be cool for the fans, but the GP wouldn't get it. As a fan, I'm not that crazy about the idea. I'd rather all new stuff.

I'm not digging this idea either. It seems really sporadic, and it would be difficult to be immersed in the environment if the whole theme changed from room-to-room.

My vote would go for new versions of classic houses. That would give those who missed several of the classic years to see what we missed, and be able to revisit those we do remember.

Plus, I think those two extra houses should be original ideas, so we have at least something completely new to look forward to.......

I kinda had a little idea for the theme (personal):

So its 1990 and universal is a construction site nearly finished, there's an explosion and all the construction workers and film props have come to life and mutated. All around the park are large broken screens with a news report about what has happened.
Smoke and fire fill universal, you enter the park there's scaffolding and scissor lifts fallen over, power tools and if possible the jaws shark outside could be taken down and look half finished just make it all look abandoned and old etc.

My dodgy dream LOL
Untitled-12.png

hhhjj.png

Last edited:
BBPH int interesting Idea, But were would they put the bars and the shot girls? Can anyone tell me what year they didn't say this will be an event to remember? That theory is interesting that scream scape is reporting but that would be the dumbest idea EVER. Also that means they would have to put Jason, Freddy and Leather face in the same house or I guess they could just call it all night drive in the original again. With all of the different Houses of all of the different years the houses would be just plain confusing and also what scenes from what houses I have no idea how that would even work, as the first few years they used the same house. My first few years they had 3-4 houses who knows.

Snowman is correct, they will sandwich way to many people in. Sell all the liquor they can and not take control of line breakers and annoying people who ruin fun for other people. Oh but they will have flashlight Nazis telling you to Hurry up because you shouldn't have time to enjoy what you paid for. Sadly I think I am getting to the point of annoyed with what HHN is starting to evolve to, I guess I am used to the fun old days when they would actually sell out and liquor was not every 100 feet. It seemed like the crowds were less rude and had a little more respect. I know there is always going to be change, But when you only get to go a night or 2 you should be able to enjoy your experience with out idiots ruining your fun with there inability to control theres.

Yeah i know theres plenty of reasons against my idea but all i can think of is you are an experiment like Guinea pigs to see whether the fumes and radiation would take effect on you, the shots and things could be disguised as medicine to see how your body reacts to the environment

look its just an idea im very tired so if this idea is crap feel free to say so but don't have a go at me.

EDIT: so like there could be the ever so famous show at the beginning where a bunch of doctors guide you through what you have to do then at the end the doctors mutate live on stage and all the lights go down except very hospital like lights to guide you into the park.

Last edited:
Close to your idea but an idea I have been having is that some master of horror comes to Universal and turns it into a nightmare. Ride cars will be burning outside of vehicles and characters that roam the streets are now demonic versions of themselve. Just a thought.