Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

I would love extra houses but it seems like it could be a bad thing. If they did split two of the soundstages into 2 houses each, would that make those 4 houses smaller than 2 regular soundstage houses? Also, it is already somewhat difficult to do everything in one night as it is. Wouldn't 10 houses make it next to impossible to do everything in one night without an Express Pass?

Is there any way we can start the HHN 20 Speculation thread now that rumors are beginning or are we just going to use this thread all year?

No the SS houses wouldn't be smaller. SS20 held Interstellar Terror and Body Collectors in 2008 and SS 23 held Dracula and Frankenstein in 2009.

I would love extra houses but it seems like it could be a bad thing. If they did split two of the soundstages into 2 houses each, would that make those 4 houses smaller than 2 regular soundstage houses? Also, it is already somewhat difficult to do everything in one night as it is. Wouldn't 10 houses make it next to impossible to do everything in one night without an Express Pass?

Is there any way we can start the HHN 20 Speculation thread now that rumors are beginning or are we just going to use this thread all year?

The speculation thread will be created once summer time hits. As for now, all discussion should take place within this thread. :) As far as the soundstage houses, not really as they would be the same size as Body Collectors/Creatures since they shared a soundstage.

As was already mentioned, it would be next impossible for anyone to see all 10 houses in one night.

But it would be welcome news to Frequent Fear Passers!

Plus, there's a better chance that queue lines will be generally shorter (hopefully). So even if you are only visiting one night, at least you'll be able to pick & choose the houses that appeal to you most and take advantage of the fact that the crowd is spread out more than normal.

Either way, here's to hoping they knock it out of the park with #20! Can't wait!!!

The speculation thread will be created once summer time hits. As for now, all discussion should take place within this thread. :) As far as the soundstage houses, not really as they would be the same size as Body Collectors/Creatures since they shared a soundstage.

Sounds good!

From Screamscape:
Screamscape has been send confirmation that Universal Orlando has filed permits for two projects worth $600,000 to perform roof replacements on two buildings. (Click here to find the listings) While the exact building locations are not mentions, one popular line of thought is that the roof of the long closed Herc/Xena building may be one of them, and I have to wonder about the roof of the nearby Monster Café as well. If repaired, Herc/Xena could possibly be used for HHN 20 to house that rumored additional 10th Haunt. If memory serves… the last haunt ever put in there was “Nightmares” during HHN 14 which featured the return of several past icons, including The Director.

I would love to see them put the Xena building back to use! Hopefully that is one of the buildings getting the replacements!

To be quite honest, anyone out of the state is probably going to be at Universal for more than one day. If I can get some friends to drive down there for fall break, there is no way I'm only going to HHN one night.

And for those who do live nearby, sure, you might not be able to experience everything in one go. But for those who are big fans of Halloween, chances are you are going to be visiting more than once, regardless.

There really shouldn't be any negativity towards having more "mazes" (unless you are concerned about the quality. But this is their 20th anniversary, so I think we should all expect good things to come)

To be quite honest, anyone out of the state is probably going to be at Universal for more than one day. If I can get some friends to drive down there for fall break, there is no way I'm only going to HHN one night.

And for those who do live nearby, sure, you might not be able to experience everything in one go. But for those who are big fans of Halloween, chances are you are going to be visiting more than once, regardless.

There really shouldn't be any negativity towards having more "mazes" (unless you are concerned about the quality. But this is their 20th anniversary, so I think we should all expect good things to come)

Agreed....... I think 10 mazes would be a hugely welcome change, especially after the consistently crazy crowds for HHN 19.

Sorry about saying 7 I forgot to count the parade building. Also ten houses really doesn't sound good to me because I like to spend time doing houses again in the same night. I remember the houses that I go through twice better than the ones I go through only once and the second time around gives me a chance to see things I may have missed the first time around. I would rather double on houses than wait to do ten houses once.

Unfortuantely if you look under the owner in the text at the site it states Universal City Plaza Universal city California. Which leads me to believe that this will be for the Hollywood theme park's horror nights event. :furious:

How can you run the parade when 1.) The SZ are so much bigger now then there were during the parade.. 2.) The route goes thru 2 house que lines.

Use common since and new doors open up.

Also just because there working on Herc roof doesnt mean its HHN related, it could be though. the building needs to be repair big time.. so it could be a show.. they wouldn't just leave it empty all yr long after HHN,

Hey guys, let's play nice on here, ok?

Firstly, I think they could always change up the parade route if need be. For example, they could start in Amity and end at the HMU gate. That's a possibility.

Secondly, Universal City Development Partners represents Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood, so it is certainly possible that FotD will be returning this year.

Just some food for thought...

I agree with the good Doctor. While the parade would be nice, it will take up way to much space used for scarezones. If I had the choice between having the regular amount of scarezones and no parade or losing 2 scarezones and gaining the parade, I would choose the scarezones. The streets are already jam-packed with people and a large parade such as the Festival would cause big congestion issue.

Do you (not aimed at anyone specific) mind avoiding the use of acronyms, please? Those drive me nuts when I don't know what they stand for. It's not like it saves that much time, any ways.

The parade would thin the house lines down, did it when it used to be there. 2nd the scare zones over the last few years have been the weakest point at HHN. Last year they were so small it was almost sad. 3rd the crowds at Mardi Gras are near the same size as HHN. 4th the xena building rumor was wrong check screamscape today and finally I agree seeing 10 houses one night with out an express pass would be next to impossible even for some one like me who can see them before 10. another house would make it almost impossible.