Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

The difference is parks will last much longer than a month long event. When the event ends, most of the things will never return in the same format. Will most people spend at least two days anyhow? Probably. I live in Florida and I'm a big horror fan yet I only experienced HHN for one night last year. Not everyone can make it to multiple nights of the event whether it is transportation issues, money or other factors. That is all I was trying to state. Luckily, I'll get to enjoy multiple days of HHN this year so it won't be an issue for me anyhow.

In the end, I don't think it will be what makes up Universal's mind anyhow. If they want to do it, it'll happen whether or not everyone can see everything they would like in one night.

I agree that Universal is trying to make HHN a multi visit event. Meaning they want you to have to come more then one night to see it all. The sad part is Go on 2 or 3 Sundays and see how many houses you see a night if your not in the park with a stay and scream. Go On Wed and Thursday of Hell week. I also think you will see a change in the FFP this year I may be wrong but I think you will see 3, 5 and full event FFP. What has always amazed me about HHN is the people who go during Hell Week and try to do the rides and the Houses. with out a Express Pass I would say it would be impossible. I did HHN when it was at IOA during HHN 13 we did all but 1 house that Wed (we didn't do the stay and scream) This is back in the day of 6 or 7 houses I can't remember. We didn't do Jungle of Doom on the first night and after coming back and doing it i still regrest that one, But they didn't open that House till 8 and by the time we waited in line from 730 till it opened we were still 40 or 50 people from the front.

But I agree with Snowman if you keep adding houses it adds nothing to the event. I can say there has never been a year were they have not had a few throw away houses. I say Focus on making 5-6 really great houses maybe 2-3 great long Scare Zones. Quantity does not make Quality. Also when you are rushed through the houses it takes the enjoyment out of it for me. I know there is a line but I say focus on throwing out the idiots and drunks in lines and not rushing people who paid there money to Fly through the house and not enjoy the detail. There are people who travel to Orlando on a limited schedule and can't afford to spend 40-75 dollars on a ticket and then 50-80 dollars on express passes. I figured up last year if you went on a Sunday and were not a Florida Resident you could spend 75 dollars and see maybe 4 houses think about that one or you could spend $130. 00 with express pass and not even get to Ride HRRR. I work hard for my money and I think it is sad how HHN does not put Sundays as Peak Nights as it is worse then some Fridays and Saturdays.

If you live in Orlando and can go over and over that is great but don't forget there are others who can't and they pay there money to enjoy the event like anyone. And after doing Netherworld it is amazing to me how much more intense big dollar haunts are compared to HHN.

I agree with having quality over quantity, and also with wanting Uni to be creative and not have another reunion again... it's too soon in my opinion. Maybe they should wait for the 25th anniversary for the big reunion. I want new and interesting characters for now.

Even though HHN and Mardi Gras do have large crowds at Mardi Gras everyone is either going to be watching the parade, waiting for the concert, or leaving. At HHN people are trying to go to houses, experience scarezones, etc. Harvesting everyone to the sides of the streets while people are trying to get through may be a bad idea. Unless the parade starts at the end of the night and then it may be possible. I don't know how they run it.

I'd much rather have a show featuring the host/main character of HHN than a parade... Although I see how, if this is a reunion year, they could have a parade to feature years past... but I'd still prefer a show than a parade... but if I had to choose, I'd have neither parade nor show and better/more/bigger scarezones.

IOA scarezones Epic? They had 1-2 decent scare zones the others were next to forgettable. The Jurrasic scare zones were so cramped you couldn't get through them. The One with the Motorcycles was one of the better ones, But sadly the Word Epic and IOA HHN are words I can't use together. The year of 14 were they connected the parks with scarezones were very good. Those areas might work if they brought back the parade if there still able to be used.

really? this is pure speculation but I figured that the JP scarezones would have been awesome. The vegitation would provide many good "scare spots". the few times I've been to HHN scarezones seem to work better and areas that already have some good hiding spots for scareactors. Like outside of Disaster, the food booths that were closed made for great spots for the Chainsaw Drill team

I don't know what's going on over at wikipedia, but they have some pretty bizarre schite over there right now. According to it, in 2010, there will be "Popeye in the Dark", "Psychoaster", "Creature from the Black Lagoon the Musical (in Poseidon's Fury)", "Foodhouse of Terror", "The Faces of Evil", "Universal Monsters Live", "Revenge of Frankenstein", "The Invisible Man", and "3D Maze of Doom." Don't know who hijacked that page, but it's pretty random!

Last edited:
I started a rumor years ago that HHN was going to be done at USF and Sea World and people on another board ran with it. It was great and I keep feeding it with other things ahhh I am just wrong, but it was so funny.... Yes you can guess the board.