Hamilton Takes Florida | Inside Universal Forums

Hamilton Takes Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
In just a matter of weeks, Orlando will see Hamilton take over the town. It's currently playing in Fort Lauderdale (since December 18th) and will travel to Orlando to start on January 22nd. It then travels to Tampa to for a Feb 12-March 10 run.

So, anyone here gonna be seeing it? I'm thinking of seeing one of the Fort Lauderdale shows instead of actually seeing it in Orlando as the resale pricing is *significantly* cheaper down there. Plus a weekend in/near Miami can never hurt.

Reactions: tankart150
I saw it on Sunday and thought it was incredible! This is easily one of the best shows of the last decade and I can't recommend it highly enough. The cast is pretty strong with Hamilton and Washington probably the weakest compared to their Broadway counterparts, but those are some very big shoes to fill. Definitely see it if you can and be sure to listen to the soundtrack first!

I saw it on Sunday and thought it was incredible! This is easily one of the best shows of the last decade and I can't recommend it highly enough. The cast is pretty strong with Hamilton and Washington probably the weakest compared to their Broadway counterparts, but those are some very big shoes to fill. Definitely see it if you can and be sure to listen to the soundtrack first!
Oh I’ve been listening to the soundtrack for over three years! :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuru
Yeah the ones I’m available for are all 600+. That’s hilarious and should be illegal. I could wait day of for all these desperate people to drop their prices.

Yeah the ones I’m available for are all 600+. That’s hilarious and should be illegal. I could wait day of for all these desperate people to drop their prices.
Well, the Hamilton lottery is done through an app at least so you can always try to win the lotto...

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Well, the Hamilton lottery is done through an app at least so you can always try to win the lotto...

Yeah I did my best to get tickets when released here but no luck. Hopefully they get lower the closer it gets like my Lorde/RTJ tickets did.

Reactions: Nick
Lucky. Tried getting $10 tickets but still no luck and I am not paying $300 per.
I caved :lol:

Although I did get lucky that someone was eager to get rid of some tickets at a lower price than you’ll usually see). I’ve been waiting almost 4 years to see this show, I was gonna find a way in.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I caved :lol:

Although I did get lucky that someone was eager to get rid of some tickets at a lower price than you’ll usually see). I’ve been waiting almost 4 years to see this show, I was gonna find a way in.
Enjoy

Dx9LNdVWwAIz52K.jpg

So I saw it and i'm coming off of the high. I feel like at this point, you guys likely don't need to be told that Hamilton is worth seeing. The question is, is this touring cast - the second touring cast out of what I believe is now 6 - up to the standard that we should expect for the prices that tickets are selling for (especially resale). The answer to that question is a resounding YES as far as i'm concerned.

So i'm biased obviously, but I also had certain expectations given i've been listening to the OBC album for so long. Off the bat, it took me a few minutes to get used to the voices portraying each character. Aaron Burr (Nik Walker) took me the most time, but I also feel like he was one of the strongest performers. Marcus Choi really commanded the stage as George Washington. I saw the understudy Hamilton (Pierre Jean Gonzalez), but he was still every bit as good as you'd expect, with the exception of one minor hiccup. During "One Last Time", he forgot his lines to Washington's Farewell Address (he recovered fairly quickly). Both Eliza and Angelica Schyler (Shoba Narayan and Ta'Rea Campbell) really were incredible and Kyle Scatliffe as Thomas Jefferson was another highlight.

Overall, the main cast has a ton of Broadway experience and while I wish I could've seen Joseph Morales (who was in the Original Hamilton Chicago cast) as Hamilton, the show was still great. The crowd was very enthusiastic throughout. As a show that is filled with so many catchy songs, I had wondered if that might lead to it becoming a sing-a-long. Thankfully, it did not and the crowd was very respectful. Orlando is lucky to have such a beautiful space like the Walt Disney Theater to host touring broadway shows like this in a manner that allows for intimacy in a large room. Also, unlike the old Bob Carr Theatre, almost any seat in the house is a good one, the acoustics are incredible and there is very little in the way of obstructing your view. I sat Mezzanine Right, Row A, so my view was pretty great.

Do not throw away your shot at seeing this show while it's still here!