SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Only about a year of build time? So it's gonna be the same thing that's there with some Sesame Street facades? That's a shame. I was hoping they'd go all out
They are going all out, you can build a lot in a year, it could even be over a year.

DcMfl4pVMAAsht8

#Stayinginbusiness

Honestly, I want to see another piece of art, because as of now, we only have one piece to see, and it's not even the entire rethemed land.

Will my opinion change of this taking longer than it should? No, but I think that it's dumb to dismiss it by only one piece of art.

Reactions: Kraken&Manta
Honestly, I want to see another piece of art, because as of now, we only have one piece to see, and it's not even the entire rethemed land.

Will my opinion change of this taking longer than it should? No, but I think that it's dumb to dismiss it by only one piece of art.

I'm not dismissing it because of the art. The art looks nice. I'm dismissing it because of SeaWorld's recent track record and a year build time.

Happy to see this in 2019 and not 2020, that always seemed weird and off. Though I'll be interested in seeing how this ties into a park about aquatic life.

Reactions: Alicia
I think this is exactly what they need. I can already see the photo ops, snack sale opportunities, etc. I do hope there's at least one real family attraction here. A cheap little dark ride would obviously be most ideal but even a whip ride or spinner could work.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
A cheap little dark ride would obviously be most ideal

Knowing SW's track record with darkrides, and especially with what San Diego just put out, do you really want them to do a "cheap little dark ride"?

As for the rest of the land, it's a wait and see. I'm not fully convinced you can do a "immersive land" in just a year.

Knowing SW's track record with darkrides, and especially with what San Diego just put out, do you really want them to do a "cheap little dark ride"?

As for the rest of the land, it's a wait and see. I'm not fully convinced you can do a "immersive land" in just a year.

If it's something the whole family can do together, then yes. That's the idea. Shamu's Happy Harbor was definitely more "kiddie ride" territory than family ride. There's a difference and it'd be nice if there was at least one.

I think it's a step in the right direction since they are discontinuing the Killer Whale program and want to distance themselves from all the backlash from the Blackfish documentary.

This will be just like Sesame Place. Basically the street is more or less a recreation of the set from the show with the rest of the land being themed flat rides with great big googly muppet eyes. It's cute, simple, families love it, and it sells a ton of merchandise. The merchandise has already started coming to the park and I understand they are already selling a lot before there is even a Sesame Street area. The show has huge appeal across the generations and socio-economic strata.

Reactions: TheGentTrent