Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

I was shocked to see this all blocked off yesterday, but they are really moving full speed on this now! The familiar facades of Sesame Street will all be going in there. This will almost be a Sesame Place within SeaWorld with the scope of the project. I'm guessing they are planning on branding it as Sesame Place at SeaWorld and wouldn't be surprised to see the parade (that they've added in the other parks) added with it.
What is Seasame Place?

They need a signature dark ride to convince more families to drop money on this. It's not like they wouldn't be able to clone it in order to spread out the cost.

Was hoping for Grover's Crazy Taxi, or whatever it's called, to come to SWO

Why are you confusing Grover with Oscar?!

tenor.gif

Grover seems to be getting in on the re-theme of Shamu Express.

This is pretty much exactly what SeaWorld needs. A recognizable IP and building out the area like the set of the TV show.

If they can turn an area into the park where I never set foot in as a 25 year old male and at least make it a fun atmosphere, then it's a win. It's an even bigger win if they add the parade here as well like some have said.

Even if the area is mostly just a bunch of flat rides, who cares. Flat rides are quick and easy installs and also help to hit their target demographic. A nice family dark ride would be nice though and would definitely widen the appeal of the land.

This is pretty much exactly what SeaWorld needs. A recognizable IP and building out the area like the set of the TV show.

If they can turn an area into the park where I never set foot in as a 25 year old male and at least make it a fun atmosphere, then it's a win. It's an even bigger win if they add the parade here as well like some have said.

Even if the area is mostly just a bunch of flat rides, who cares. Flat rides are quick and easy installs and also help to hit their target demographic. A nice family dark ride would be nice though and would definitely widen the appeal of the land.
I know a lot of local families that have BGT annual passes because their young children LOVE the Seasame Street area in that park. It’s nothing that special, but kids love having a whole area that’s all theirs AND one that features characters they actually know.

Air Grover is more popular than Shamu Express... Both barely themed kiddie coasters, the key difference being, who doesn’t love Grover?

I know a lot of local families that have BGT annual passes because their young children LOVE the Seasame Street area in that park. It’s nothing that special, but kids love having a whole area that’s all theirs AND one that features characters they actually know.

Air Grover is more popular than Shamu Express... Both barely themed kiddie coasters, the key difference being, who doesn’t love Grover?
Is shamu express gone?

They actually confirmed that there will be a parade coming for the new area.

Is shamu express gone?

No. It's closed, yes, but I believe @AliciaStella mentioned that it'd be re-themed to Grover.

Yup, I’ve been there many times with my AP and it’s definitely really popular.

None of the Zierer kiddie coasters I've been on are rough. That Wisdom Rides Dragon Wagon kiddie coaster (Tasmanian Tiger) at ZooTampa (Lowry Park) that came from Wild Adventuress is rough.

You really need a 15mph kiddie coaster to be smooth too. For that, stay in your car.