Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hard Rock Hotel Refurbs All 650 Rooms

Nice that the Hard Rock is getting some love.

What's weird is I've seen these new rooms before and I really liked how they looked, but the official pictures seem more feminine and less rock n roll than the pictures before.

I like what I see so far. Oddly, Hard Rock is the only current Universal hotel that I haven't stay at... Might make that my resting place next trip.

Modern, sure, but I'd say the rooms are looking more toned down than amped up :p "Be Nice" and "Quiet Please" pillows don't scream Rock and Roll to me :look: Joking aside, though... it's great to have the hotels looking fresh and up-to-date! Kudos on that! :thumbs:

Wow. The new rooms look really girly. They're nice but I think I like the old look better. Won't fully judge until I stay there again.

They do seem a little bland to me. It's not so much the pink 'cause a true rocker could pull that off. There is just not enough there that shows it's a rock 'n roll hotel.

Wait, I thought the Hard Rock rooms were redecorated just 3 years ago... drumstick art and all that stuff. What happened to that?

They were redecorated more than 3 years ago with the more chocolate colored accents.

This is how they looked before:

universal_hard_rock_hotel_room2.jpg

And then they were updated at around 2006-2007 if my memory is correct to this:

accom_roomdetail_standardview.jpg

The drumstick art and stuff is from this renovation. Some guys on this forum posted the pictures a few months ago when they were redoing a few of the rooms on the club level.

Last edited:
Oh, ok... why is there such a difference between this picture below and the newest rooms? More of a coral on wood below that works for me.

That hot pink and stark white in the newest pics does nothing for me.

Yeah, as you can see from that old forum post, I really liked the room in those pictures. I thought it was modern, cool and clearly inspired by rock n' roll. I don't like the newer room in the official pictures.

I think we had stayed at the very beginning of the refurb. We took those pictures in June 2014. It was our first time staying at the Hard Rock so I only knew the room had been refurbished since the gentleman that brought our luggage up had told us it was just refurbished.

We were on the sixth floor (club is on the 7th floor), so it was a regular room and not club level.

Guess I didn't realize we had stayed in a 'rumored' refurbished room since UNI waited until the work was done on all the rooms before they announced it :look: