What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
mMRKqFl.jpg

Opening June 13, 2019, Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will take guests around the Hogwarts grounds and into the Forbidden Forest to see the creatures of the Wizarding World.

This thread is for discussing the demolition of Dragon Challenge, construction of Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure, pre-opening news cycle, and speculation. 'Dher be spoilers ahead, 'arry.

----Original Post----
Well since there is no name or info - we'll just call it this for the time being.

New Harry Potter coaster experience coming to Islands of Adventure, Dragon Challenge set to close Sept 5th. #WizardingWorldOrlando

Universal Orlando announces new Harry Potter coaster experience; Dragon Challenge set to close Sept 5 | Inside Universal

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fact that they point out that you'll encounter creatures in the ride semi-confirms that it'll be Forbidden Forest based. Not that that's a surprise. I don't think that there are many more iconic creature areas they can use. It's also somewhat telling that they didn't mention anything but the ride. I'd think if we were going to see a Great Hall restaurant or something of that magnitude, it would have been mentioned at least as a "more surprises await" in the land type deal. We may just be getting the ride.

I just hope that when they say thrilling they really mean thrilling, I mean I understand it will be a family coaster and that it will be partially dark ride, however, I really hope this will be a real coaster and not another Gringots. Don't get me wrong, I like Gringots, but I don't consider it a coaster, it is a dark ride with coaster elements, rather than the reverse.

I think the fact that they point out that you'll encounter creatures in the ride semi-confirms that it'll be Forbidden Forest based. Not that that's a surprise. I don't think that there are many more iconic creature areas they can use. It's also somewhat telling that they didn't mention anything but the ride. I'd think if we were going to see a Great Hall restaurant or something of that magnitude, it would have been mentioned at least as a "more surprises await" in the land type deal. We may just be getting the ride.
I honestly doubt it will be just a ride. We will probably see a new restaurant or store.

I just hope that when they say thrilling they really mean thrilling, I mean I understand it will be a family coaster and that it will be partially dark ride, however, I really hope this will be a real coaster and not another Gringots. Don't get me wrong, I like Gringots, but I don't consider it a coaster, it is a dark ride with coaster elements, rather than the reverse.
Totally agree

I couldn't agree more!!

I second this

• This all-new thrill ride will take you deeper into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where you will encounter some of your favorite characters and creatures. It’ll be unlike anything we’ve ever done before and it will be fun for the entire family.
  • The new attraction will be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences we’ve created. It will combine a new level of storytelling with an action-packed adventure…and a few surprises along the way.
  • This ride is going to redefine the category and transport you to thrilling places, drawing you into even more exciting adventures within the wizarding world. It’s going to be the perfect addition to Hogsmeade.

So three things that said the exact same thing while saying nothing at all.

So we know it's going to be a coaster. And it's going to be "fantastic, believe me". Pretty sure Trump wrote the bullet points. Now if only they said Disney were paying for it...

While Nintendo makes me a hair nervous, because UC, while really good, has always had that "90% perfect" policy- this bullet point reassures us all that this ride will, in fact, be beyond our expectations.

• Our award-winning Universal Creative team is once again collaborating with Warner Bros. and the production design team from the Harry Potter films to bring this new coaster experience to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.