Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get back into the DC replacement, we previously talked in the past of Gwamp being involved. Is he still on the table, or no?

It would be a bit of a missed opportunity if he wasn't involved to some degree. Same for the centaurs. Other than the spiders (who are well-represented in Forbidden Journey already), those elements are probably the most connected to the forest setting.

But then again, we don't know how much of the ride is going to be set in the forest, either. Per Alicia's hints, this might not be as much of a strictly Forbidden Forest-themed attraction as initially thought.

Never had moonshine, though I know it made commercial now in proper stills by proper still masters, unlike the hillbilly made moonshine that has methanol in it, the first alcohol to come out the still. Anyway, never had moonshine, probably would have loved that stuff as a teen lol. Bourbon I like, Evan Williams, though in general I prefer Scotch.

Folks in Lynchburg drink Dickle

Can we move the moonshine talk to the pretzels thread? If the coaster is made by Leary, will ET start to make sense?

Oh, what I really came to say was something about riding at night, but I keep hearing that FL plans to get rid of standard time and they plan to stay on day light savings time which just seems bonkers to me.

I do hope UoR plans on staying open past sundown more often!

I hope we do get rid of standard time and adopt daylight savings time perennially. The worst thing is coming home during the fall winter and spring to it being dark already. The one season that sucks down here is the one that gets the longest sun (and heat). I would love to come home from work and be able to do stuff outside.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I hope we do get rid of standard time and adopt daylight savings time perennially. The worst thing is coming home during the fall winter and spring to it being dark already. The one season that sucks down here is the one that gets the longest sun (and heat). I would love to come home from work and be able to do stuff outside.
Try living in the UK. In the winter I used to walk to school in the dark and walk back home in the dark. Lol

Does this construction project have terrain shaping involved?

God I hope so, just for the sake of variety in the flattest city on earth. The problem I see however is that if this is themed to Forbidden Forest, I expect well a forest which will hide a lot of the terrain changes. They could very cheaply give an illusion of terrain by only landscaping what is visible.

God I hope so, just for the sake of variety in the flattest city on earth. The problem I see however is that if this is themed to Forbidden Forest, I expect well a forest which will hide a lot of the terrain changes. They could very cheaply give an illusion of terrain by only landscaping what is visible.
I like flat. I hate hilly terrain.
For the ride purposes I hope there are some different levels of shaping.

by the way you should visit the citrus tower next time in Orlando. Very cool way to see a non flat side of Orlando

I've been waiting for a drop track coaster to come to Orlando for a while now. Verboten is one of my favorite rides and if this is anything like it, it'll be far and away the best ride at Universal.

Just my humble opinion but after the first couple of rides on Verboten I feel like the drop track slows down the excitement of the ride. Takes a bit for the track to lock b4 the drop. I suppose for most, a trip to Universal would be a one off and wont be an issue.

It would be a bit of a missed opportunity if he wasn't involved to some degree. Same for the centaurs. Other than the spiders (who are well-represented in Forbidden Journey already), those elements are probably the most connected to the forest setting.

Unicorns too.

Gwarp is kind of a non-factor in the films though. I'd rather see a real, moving Aragog AA than Gwarp.

I must post that seeing all the cranes and equipment they have onsite is heartening. The footing drill they have at the back of the station is most impressive. As if they will be anchoring something big to those cores.

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.