Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I feel like USF is where it belongs. I can just see the logic of putting a direct HP property in Park 3. FB will not have the draw of "HP and the Department of Mysteries" Ride. Or whatever. You can incorporate FB elements into it then.

Yeah, search back for the details, but, according to the word on here at the time, B&T almost didn't happen last year because FFL was on the verge of not being around during last year's HHN.
Before I started posting again I went back and did some reading but just didn't have the time to read back anywhere near that far. Last I heard it was shut down because of controversy.

That's the great thing about being back here. I get the real story.

Reactions: Joel
Before I started posting again I went back and did some reading but just didn't have the time to read back anywhere near that far. Last I heard it was shut down because of controversy.

That's the great thing about being back here. I get the real story.

I want to say the controversy came after the closure announcement. The closure, at the time, sounded more to be a reaction to D23 and that MOM needed to happen immediately. For whatever reason, that didn't happen and B&T got a farewell tour.

How much say does Universal operations have when it comes to closures/refurbs? I have heard in the past that WDW operations really squawks if they feel they cannot function without a particular attraction... that they sometimes get their way. Is Universal the same?

That picture on the right. What is going on there? That is a strange looking support. Also, how tall does anyone think that thing is? About fifty feet?

The coaster will run up the track there, stop and roll back down. Kinda like a boomerang type coaster. Still a lot of questions of if it'll have brakes(probably), a launch(maybe), and what you are going to see when you go up that hill(???). But most likely well come into that hill, then behind us a switch track will move, and we'll go backwards towards another area.

So heres my quick thought. In this photo, the red with the tall support in it will be a “mountain” of some sort and then the Blue line follows the supports that run along side the mountain. So the coaster will travel alongside that mountain heading towards the large showbuilding near HE station in the direction of the black arrows. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DB39C56B-EB23-4BEE-A6C8-C60EF7389984.jpeg
    DB39C56B-EB23-4BEE-A6C8-C60EF7389984.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
So heres my quick thought. In this photo, the red with the tall support in it will be a “mountain” of some sort and then the Blue line follows the supports that run along side the mountain. So the coaster will travel alongside that mountain heading towards the large showbuilding near HE station in the direction of the black arrows. What do you guys think?
I think the info that has been shared here is that we will travel up the red support, stop, and reverse down it traveling backwards into the large showbuilding. There we would switch back to traveling forward and take the blue path in the opposite direction of the arrows.

I think the info that has been shared here is that we will travel up the red support, stop, and reverse down it traveling backwards into the large showbuilding. There we would switch back to traveling forward and take the blue path in the opposite direction of the arrows.
Gotcha, basically heading out of fhe FF, back along the mountain and lake and back to our starting point

Anyone have an idea what the show buildings will be? Just caves and such? Or maybe the Shrieking Shack at some point?

Reactions: Dhdhddh
I'm still getting serious Big Grizzly Runaway Mine Cars vibes from this. Down to the semi-vertical track switch. It would be really cool if the track switch occurred so rapidly there was a complete feeling of a roll back.

Either way I still think this comparison is good and that's not a bad thing.

The coaster will run up the track there, stop and roll back down. Kinda like a boomerang type coaster. Still a lot of questions of if it'll have brakes(probably), a launch(maybe), and what you are going to see when you go up that hill(???). But most likely well come into that hill, then behind us a switch track will move, and we'll go backwards towards another area.

I hope you're right about it going backwards. The few seconds of going backwards on The Mummy is my favorite part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
I hope you're right about it going backwards. The few seconds of going backwards on The Mummy is my favorite part.

Ironically my least favorite part, but I am a general wimp for thrills. I also hate drops - doesn’t stop me from riding Gringotts nonstop. I’m sure I’ll feel the same way about the new coaster!!

Reactions: Magistra

Thanks. The layout will be really neat to see once it is complete.

Reactions: fryoj
Ironically my least favorite part, but I am a general wimp for thrills. I also hate drops - doesn’t stop me from riding Gringotts nonstop. I’m sure I’ll feel the same way about the new coaster!!

I agree about the backwards. In a themed 'story path" attraction the backwards portions almost never make sense to the story. It always has a 'lets put in a backwards section for the sake of going backwards'. Expedition Everest is a case where the backwards was really built into the story flow of the ride.

The Mummy in Hollywood is probably one of the worst offenders. You go through the backwards portion if the ride spin back around and the poof, literally ride over.

I hope they work it in a bit more creative here. I have high hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.