Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, who coulda seen that one coming?

Oh it came out of NOWHERE. :tongue:

So as it stands, there are three possibilities; the Mack InvertPow, the Dynamic SFXCoaster, or the Intamin Family Launch. Odds are, we should see what it will be when they start to go vertical for the coaster itself; and that while a part of me hopes its the SFX, I wouldn't mind the Intamin model. Either way though, I guess we'll find out sooner than later.

Although, this seems to be the quickest turnabout for Potter yet when you come to think about it, but that does make sense considering that it's essentially a coaster replacing a coaster.

Either way, can't wait.

Wow, who coulda seen that one coming?

Right outta the blue. I am totally surprised.

There was rumblings on twitter this weekend we could hear a closing date for Dragons but I didn't expect it to be like this.

Wonder when the pre-Nintendo USF project is announced... :look:

"It’ll be unlike anything we’ve ever done before and it will be fun for the entire family."

Looks doubtful.

Depends. I mean Maverick at CP is designated as more family friendly and it's one of the most thrilling and fun rides in the park and my #1 steel coaster.

2019! So much sooner than I expected. This will be another quick build for Universal. I hope they start the offsite build and testing ASAP and do not push it with another too ambitious opening date.

Hoping for a few things with this ride:

-Abandon the stilted, predictable "red light/green light" pacing of recent UOR rides like Kong and Gringotts in favor of a more fluid experience like Spider-Man or FJ. Occasional breaks in the pacing can work (think the Hydro Man scene in Spidey), but it should be the exception rather than the rule, and always carefully placed (Hydro Man's scene works because it gives guests a breather after completing multiple 360-degree spins).

-Use the RVs. I like Gringotts, but the RVs felt underutilized there with a lack of elevation changes and constant stopping, and the potential for spinning combined with thrilling coaster maneuvers is only used during the ending launch. I don't want to get off the new ride feeling a ton of missed opportunities...I mean, that's always going to be a thing with new rides, but it really nagged me hard with Gringotts.

-Give it a little kick. Doesn't have to even be on Mummy's level of thrill (though it would be nice), but I'd like to see it pushed it a bit in that department. Isn't Everest considered a family ride? Hopefully Uni doesn't hold back too much, considering it's a coaster.

Will try to get plenty of back row rides on Fire before it closes.

So glad I got my final rides in this April!

There's definelty has to be more than one roller coaster going in that space

I think we'll just see an expansion of walkways really to flesh out Hogsmeade. A criticism the area has faced since 2010 is how narrow it all is, which hasn't helped congestion. It would make sense to see this 1 attraction, plus a few more areas from the books for fans to explore (Maybe a Shrieking Shack deal a la Knockturn).

I think we'll just see an expansion of walkways really to flesh out Hogsmeade. A criticism the area has faced since 2010 is how narrow it all is, which hasn't helped congestion. It would make sense to see this 1 attraction, plus a few more areas from the books for fans to explore (Maybe a Shrieking Shack deal a la Knockturn).
How will they combine the two lands? New entrance and exit while still making it look seamless. Obviously not through where the entrance of DC was right?

For reference, here is overhead view of Hogsmeade. Red is DC, Green is remaining land.

View attachment 4910

So can we go ahead and:
-Move Hippogriff to border the forest (and might as well rebuild it a la Hulk while we're at it)
-Add Shrieking Shack (via queue of new ride or a separate walkthrough w/ spells)
-Build a large viewing area for the castle show
-Add 2-3 more Shops on Train side of Hogsmeade
-Build Black Lake w/ Boat Docks
-Take Boat from Hogsmeade to Castle (near current Exit shop) to eat at the Great Hall (check in to occur before boat ride)

AND get this ride? Pretty please? :D
Now THAT would be insane. Take an expansion of that magnitude, in combination with Diagon Alley- and it wouldn’t even be close. SWL would still dominate the news, but HP would certainly steal lots of thunder- the main benefit being the “comparison” articles that would come out and mentioning how much more diverse and expansive the HP areas are (because its essentially 3 expansions over 2 parks). HP would win hands down. Personally, I believe it still will win the comparison articles- but that type of hype w/ the 3 dining experiences and night show (viewing area) would elevate it even further.

I'm excited- I just don't want ONE ride with all that space.

ETA: Small question- does FotH ride differently in Hollywood vs Orlando? I know its a tiny coaster- but with one being a retread and almost 20 years old vs the new one- is there a discernible difference in smoothness?

Last edited:
I seem to be in the minority on this board, but I really liked D.C., especially when it was dueling.

I really hope they dont dumb it down. Orlando still has a small amount of thrilling coasters

Fire is still great, but you have to get through an extremely long and uninteresting queue to ride it, and the on-ride experience lost any edge it had when the coasters stopped dueling.

Hoping for a few things with this ride:

-Abandon the stilted, predictable "red light/green light" pacing of recent UOR rides like Kong and Gringotts in favor of a more fluid experience like Spider-Man or FJ. Occasional breaks in the pacing can work (think the Hydro Man scene in Spidey), but it should be the exception rather than the rule, and always carefully placed (Hydro Man's scene works because it gives guests a breather after completing multiple 360-degree spins).

-Use the RVs. I like Gringotts, but the RVs felt underutilized there with a lack of elevation changes and constant stopping, and the potential for spinning combined with thrilling coaster maneuvers is only used during the ending launch. I don't want to get off the new ride feeling a ton of missed opportunities...I mean, that's always going to be a thing with new rides, but it really nagged me hard with Gringotts.

-Give it a little kick. Doesn't have to even be on Mummy's level of thrill (though it would be nice), but I'd like to see it pushed it a bit in that department. Isn't Everest considered a family ride? Hopefully Uni doesn't hold back too much, considering it's a coaster.

Will try to get plenty of back row rides on Fire before it closes.

Well said, completely agree with everything.

plus a few more areas from the books for fans to explore (Maybe a Shrieking Shack deal a la Knockturn).

I think I would go crazy out of excitement.

What do you think about expanded viewing for castle shows? It might be tough with FotH right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.