Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The site also looks long enough that each track could accommodate multiple trains.

As a high end estimate, it looks like 5 maintenance tracks with 2 trains per track might be possible, which could mean 9 trains running at once.

My guess is that the actual number of trains is a couple less than that though.
Generally you only want one train on each track. If you have one in the front and one in the back, it means you have to move the front one to get the back one out, which is not practical. I can't think of any coaster off hand that stacks them in the shed.

Anyone else wondering how they can make the forest dark and creepy in the bright Orlando sunshine?
I'm sure most of the forbidden forest scenes in the film are at night.

They’re still stripping its outside. We won’t see new brick and rockwork until the track is installed around it. Also, I believe the new queue building additions/scenic work are being permitted separately so they’re only demo’ing it currently.

Wait...do we know what the exterior of the queue will look like? (Besides Alicia of course)

Generally you only want one train on each track. If you have one in the front and one in the back, it means you have to move the front one to get the back one out, which is not practical. I can't think of any coaster off hand that stacks them in the shed.

Rock n Roller Coaster has 4 trains and only one long transfer track. On the Universal side HRRR and Mummy both put more than one train on their transfer tracks (unless they leave them in the station overnight). Easier to do when you have small trains.

There are a decent number of B&M's at Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks that do this, including most of the Batman clones.

I wasn't able to identify as many Intamin coasters that do this, but I do believe that Maverick, Millenium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar point all put multiple trains on one storage/maintenance track.

I found this old-ish tweet with some info about buildings for this new project. I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before, but does anyone have any idea where these buildings could go? I'm assuming one of the smaller ones is for the drop track and maybe the biggest one is for the storage/maintenance area?

Reactions: Ryno27

I found this old-ish tweet with some info about buildings for this new project. I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before, but does anyone have any idea where these buildings could go? I'm assuming one of the smaller ones is for the drop track and maybe the biggest one is for the storage/maintenance area?

Storage/maintenance area is in the existing DD one, I believe. From what @AliciaStella has said all three buildings will be show buildings that feature scenes.

Storage/maintenance area is in the existing DD one, I believe. From what @AliciaStella has said all three buildings will be show buildings that feature scenes.
Do you mean the old station area? The track switch that they have installed looks like it leads to a wide open area where they're going to construct a new building specifically for maintenance, as seen here in this pic

The largest building is almost certainly the one rumored to have a drop track.

3600 SF seems a little bit small for a storage/maintenance building, but it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.