Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is JKR/WB just as involved in this as they were Hogsmeade and Diagon? Or are they letting UC have much more control?

Did someone get fired? Jim Hill says someone got fired.

In the current episode of the Disney Dish it sounds like they're covering my video "presentation," but without calling it out by name. And Jim claims that someone lost their job for leaking these details. Maybe he was embellishing for entertainment's sake, because I seriously doubt that. Most of the details in my video were already public knowledge, I was just the first to put them into one video.

Starts around 23 minutes:

Disappointing to have my entire video recalled beat by beat without recognition though. But, I guess when they're blaming me for someone losing their job, why would they? :shrug:

EDIT: They do in fact list the video URL in the show notes, along with a cover photo credit for Bio. And it is my video they're talking about.

Did someone get fired? Jim Hill says someone got fired.

In the current episode of the Disney Dish it sounds like they're covering my video "presentation," but without calling it out by name. And Jim claims that someone lost their job for leaking these details. Maybe he was embellishing for entertainment's sake, because I seriously doubt that. Most of the details in my video were already public knowledge, I was just the first to put them into one video.

Starts around 23 minutes:

Disappointing to have my entire video recalled beat by beat without recognition though. But, I guess when they're blaming me for someone losing their job, why would they? :shrug:

EDIT: They do in fact list the video URL in the show notes, along with a cover photo credit for Bio. And it is my video they're talking about.

Just a note. It's hard to trace leaks of accurate info. That's why they feed false stuff to different folks and see what bubbles to the surface.

In the podcast they say that UC is really small. Does anyone know how many people work there? Because they have a ton of projects going on at the same that (many we know and I'm sure many we don't know)? I expect this to be a big team. Anyway it sucks they don't care to name their source and that is just not classy.

Len also said the leaked info was purchased for money, which hurts my feelings. So, when someone like Jim talks about insider info it's because he has friends in the industry. But when I do, it's because I had to pay for it, and people lost their job?

In the podcast they say that UC is really small. Does anyone know how many people work there? Because they have a ton of projects going on at the same that (many we know and I'm sure many we don't know)? I expect this to be a big team. Anyway it sucks they don't care to name their source and that is just not classy.
The teams on each project are small. Not all of UC.

Len also said the leaked info was purchased for money, which hurts my feelings. So, when someone like Jim talks about insider info it's because he has friends in the industry. But when I do, it's because I had to pay for it, and people lost their job?

So UC has a horizontal structure with short decision and management lines (smart) and Disney is vertical but takes forever (expensive). I expect those teams are not living in a vacuum so there will be a ton of overlap.
Anyway don't loose sleep over it. Everyone here knows we have amazing people like you who are very careful with what they do and say, never break a rule and never harm people in the industry. If Universal doesn't want the story comes out at any given time they should announce stuff earlier but I'm sure they love this hype we hardcore fans have (in our small little bubble).

Does Jim Hill have insider info?

This is a really bizarre thing for him to say and that sucks, Alicia.

Reactions: |Q|
Does Jim Hill have insider info?

I'm pretty sure WDI/UC feeds Jim wildly inaccurate info he runs with.

My favorite was him SWEARING up and down that Hogwarts Express's station in USF was going where Disaster was for months after we had already found permits showing it was going in the location we see today. And that's just one example.

Yea, I should look at it as a positive... The narrative that my video is SO accurate that people lost their job over it could bring in viewers! Like when a movie gets banned in a country, makes everyone want to see it. This video must be accurate if heads are rolling!
They didn't even stated it as a fact. They say things like "apparently" "I guess for money" and that all would be a fact because it "popped up online like a video presentation". The whole thing is as misleading as the word "magical" in magical express.

Status
Not open for further replies.