Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video, at the end, shows the facial recognition apparatus, in the Transformers line, they're using for Hotel Express passes. Midway guesses they're for single day Express passes, but they're actually being used for the Hotel Express passes that are once again now your hotel room key card. That stops the fraudulent uses of the passes that were previously occurring when they utilized the hotel key card in the past. The original reason they had the special photo paper hotel Express passes for 4 or 5 years, to prevent fraudulent use. ..The system seemed to work well, but since it requires more time than the previous hand held scanners, it sometimes creates a bottleneck if a large number of people, with hotel express, enter the line simultaneously.
Why not just put a photo of the guest on each room key? Skip the second printed Express ticket with your face -and- stop having to take time to scan everyone's face in line. Oh well. Hopefully the technology gets faster, cause this thing has been holding up lines so far that I have seen.

Why not just put a photo of the guest on each room key? Skip the second printed Express ticket with your face -and- stop having to take time to scan everyone's face in line. Oh well. Hopefully the technology gets faster, cause this thing has been holding up lines so far that I have seen.
I agree with you, but, these were on most every attraction (DM & PF didn't have them yet when we were there. FJ had them but didn't use them), so I would guess they've invested a lot into this already. Seems to be the route they've chosen for one reason or another......Teebin: The first time they scan your face on your first ride, that's saved, the configurations of that are used for all the additional rides. So if you initially used your pass, then handed it to someone else to use, it would be rejected for that second person.

I agree with you, but, these were on most every attraction (DM & PF didn't have them yet when we were there. FJ had them but didn't use them), so I would guess they've invested a lot into this already. Seems to be the route they've chosen for one reason or another.
Yea. Well, as long as it keeps fraud down and lines shorter I'm for whatever they select. (But still seems like paving roads in inflatable rubber and making car wheels out of concrete if you ask me. Seems expensive this way.)

Maybe one day TapuTapu takes over for this.

Yea. Well, as long as it keeps fraud down and lines shorter I'm for whatever they select. (But still seems like paving roads in inflatable rubber and making car wheels out of concrete if you ask me. Seems expensive this way.)

Maybe one day TapuTapu takes over for this.
Would have to disagree. I was there a few days ago and it did not hold anything up. It took for seconds the whole process and sometimes as you when up to the machine it would have already scanned your face. It was a smart idea as well as efficient.

Would have to disagree. I was there a few days ago and it did not hold anything up. It took for seconds the whole process and sometimes as you when up to the machine it would have already scanned your face. It was a smart idea as well as efficient.
Glad to hear it’s fast now.

I was having a quick chat with Dan from Midway Mayhem, and he said that the launch track will usually have those attachment points for the LSMs along the entire section, even if they don't get used. I don't see any reason why they would start installing them in small groups (like they have already done) if they were just going to complete the row later on, so I guess my prediction about them not all being installed was incorrect, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I was out hiking today and saw this craggy rock area and immediately thought of how this ride might be themed. I can dream.

S1FUpEz.jpg

00Tlq06.jpg

:thumbsup:Good story...Heard that if you have a shirt with a Mickey face on it, the apparatus squirts you with water. ;)

That really happened! On Hulk; the TM told me she thought it was picking up Tesla (I have a mustache, so maybe we look alike?). So I put my hand over his face and it worked. I did that for the next few rides, and eventually stopped and there was no prob besides that one.

Pretty funny insight on how these things can get messed up...

That really happened! On Hulk; the TM told me she thought it was picking up Tesla (I have a mustache, so maybe we look alike?). So I put my hand over his face and it worked. I did that for the next few rides, and eventually stopped and there was no prob besides that one.

Pretty funny insight on how these things can get messed up...
I believed you. I could see that happening. Probably best not to wear t shirts with full faces on if using hotel express.

One day I went and the camera mistook my Nikola Tesla t-shirt for my face and denied me. It was pretty funny.

The system did seem to have trouble with my friend's face. She is Asian, and said facial recognition seems to be hit and miss for Asian's.
I also had a bit of a glitch because of sunglasses. I was wearing them going into Hulk, but not on the other ones so it gave me the RED circle of denial

Status
Not open for further replies.