Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
silly thought but could one switch for the drop track lead to a maintenance bay and the other a drop.Also i think this will prob be 6 trains of 6.

silly thought but could one switch for the drop track lead to a maintenance bay and the other a drop.Also i think this will prob be 6 trains of 6.

I can't remember if it's pretty much confirmed or heavily rumoured but the going saying is that the trains will carry 14 people. With a constantly moving loading platform, 2 across makes the most sense but it's either going to be 7 car of 2 which would be relatively long for the type of coaster this is or maybe 3 cars of 4 and a car of 2, which could suggest something else on the train with 2 people.

This is a good thought...Hopefully it works better than the Transformers elevators

I haven't done any sort of research on the tech that makes this system work but I have a good feeling it's pretty close to the same system used in Hollywood Studios version of Tower of Terror. Something that can accept a car, lock it securely in place, drop it at a rapid speed and then release it. It's possible it could even include a "fake" drop like Tower likes to do where it drops you barely before doing the big drop. Terror's tech has been around for quite some time so i'm sure it's more advanced than Tower's is but it's the same general concept.

Transformers is a different beast simply because of ALL the moving parts. Not only is the car itself moving but the platform is also having to move along with a projector system that has to move at the same speed as the platform. If any one system fails, the whole thing shuts down.

Either way, these are both HIGHLY advanced system's with a ton of fail-safes in place. If the elevator on Tower moves just a quarter of an inch off it's path (remember, it's trackless and uses a puck system to move around the upstairs) the entire elevator comes to a halt and HAS to be evacuated. Transformers work's in the same fashion. If Evac stops a little to early or a little to late (we are talking in factions of a inch here) the entire system stops. Both Tower and Transformers can continue to run while a "room" is down. Sure it increases wait times by a lot, but it's better than being closed altogether. I feel like for this reason alone, Universal decided on a split drop system. In case one goes down, the ride can still continue. The added time that can be spent inside the drop for story reasons is just a bonus.

Knowing that this is supposed to compete marketing wise with Star Wars, it is highly possible that they will use "Harry Potter" in the title to make those marketing efforts more effective and concise.

If the name is excessively long, people will just call it what they want. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts = Gringotts. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey = The Castle ride. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter = Harry Potter Land.

I'm betting people will end up calling this the Forbidden Forest coaster. Personally, I'm going to call it Dragon Burial Grounds, but that's just me.

Wait, what will actually cross the bridge? I don't see anywhere for track to go on top of it. Would people in the queue or exiting the ride cross this bridge, or is it not actually going to function as a bridge?

Wait, what will actually cross the bridge? I don't see anywhere for track to go on top of it. Would people in the queue or exiting the ride cross this bridge, or is it not actually going to function as a bridge?
Yea, I noticed this beam is in front of the track in the photo. Maybe another will be installed on the other side of the track.

Or maybe this is for something else?

Yea, I noticed this beam is in front of the track in the photo. Maybe another will be installed on the other side of the track.

Or maybe this is for something else?
The new beam is where the red circle is.

Potter_Bridge_Beam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.