Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotted this heading toward Universal today. I can't think of any other project this could be for right now on property except this one.

lBFwcIi.jpg
Those remind me of the Hogwarts ones

Although this is going to be much more coaster than Gringotts is....I hope it doesn’t suffer from a similar letdown. I’m afraid that there are too many stops and starts on this ride. Just as you are starting to enjoy the “thrill”.....it all ends with another show scene. Maybe I am way off base. Don’t get me wrong....I know that this will be a spectacularly executed ride and I’ll love it. Just playing devils advocate for true coaster fans.
These where my exact thoughts. And WHile everyone here will naturally defend it, I think the stops are legit concern. This ride will be fun but it's just Gringotts 2.o. . Gringotts is one of my favorites. I also don't consider Gringotts a coaster coaster. It's a hybrid and thats what this will be too IMO.

I don’t know why they are building evacs outside the training barn when it appears there are evacs inside too. And I am absolutely gobsmacked by the zillion 2x4 construction... they appear to be building molds for concrete but why in that manner? Why not standard reenforced concrete panel frames? Perhaps it is just too custom a mold for requirement.

I've been distancing myself from the construction now, but why is there a huge new building next to the castle? I know some of it is maintenance bays for the coaster, but it seems a lot larger than that.

I've been distancing myself from the construction now, but why is there a huge new building next to the castle? I know some of it is maintenance bays for the coaster, but it seems a lot larger than that.
Maintenance bays plus break areas, plus a large section for Entertainment, including their own break area, locker rooms, training rooms, and storage.

This reminds me more of what 7 Dwarfs 'could' have been if they would have stuck to the original plans....ie. longer track and two or three dark scenes instead of one....7 Dwarfs 'could' have been a great ride, though it's still a good one, lesser track length/ride time/only one scene notwithstanding.

Last edited:
I took this today otherwise I never knew what the tree looked like. They seemed healthy to me!

2Nq4VVw.jpg

What is this large pipe with a bunch of pipes coming out of it I wonder.

Shb938o.jpg

On closer inspection, I don’t believe those are pipes but steel framing with rail posts. It appears to have a custom tapered design to fit somewhere... perhaps an extention of the brake run?

Last edited:
This reminds me more of what 7 Dwarfs 'could' have been if they would have stuck to the original plans....ie. longer track and two or three dark scenes instead of one....7 Dwarfs 'could' have been a great ride, though it's still a good one, lesser track length/ride time/only one scene notwithstanding.

That's a good parallel. All the forms going up for concrete and showing just how many close calls or potential caves there could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.